Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2018 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's quite a diverse area for different type of creatures to roam in...

Seems there is some conspiracy that someone may be trying to ruin a concert. The world building featured is nice, really liked the refreshing feel of a place that looks and feel real. Konjou is such an amusing character to watch, hope she gets even more relevant roles in the future.
Stark700Mar 2, 2018 6:40 AM
Mar 2, 2018 5:52 AM

Jan 2012
Got a turf war on our hands in a much more focused episode this week, with Hakumei and Mikochi caught right in the middle...well decidedly on one side really. And a kidnapped Konju! At last Mikochi takes some focus, being vital towards completing the julep that will guarantee peace between the warring factions. While Hakumei remains her usual, badass, paper airplane hang-gliding self. Ah the benefits of anything goes. XD
animefan8800Mar 2, 2018 6:14 AM
Mar 2, 2018 6:16 AM

Apr 2016
This was most action packed episode so far, but at the same time funny.

Konju enjoying her kidnaping lol.
Mar 2, 2018 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man, I need a cast list for this episode! Higaki was definitely Nakata Jouji, and Tsumujimaru, Ukai, and the red squirrel dude all sounded really familiar (though not as distinct as Nakata Jouji).
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 2, 2018 7:49 AM

Sep 2013
Lawless area but everyone is decent despite pick pocketing and being conmen.
The situation is resolved and the all eat together :)
Mar 2, 2018 8:36 AM

Jan 2018
MistLiigh said:
Oh man, I need a cast list for this episode! Higaki was definitely Nakata Jouji, and Tsumujimaru, Ukai, and the red squirrel dude all sounded really familiar (though not as distinct as Nakata Jouji).

I'm half convinced Tsumujimaru is voiced by Junichi Suwabe. But because I suck at recognizing voice actors, I just keep changing my opinion every five minutes. Like "Omg, it's Junichi!" ... "Nah, it can't be him" ... "But it definitely sounds like him!" ... "asfdkkwr I don't know!"
Moody_BlueMar 2, 2018 8:44 AM
Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever
Mar 2, 2018 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
That was an odd turf war, it sure was amusing. Konju had a fun time being kidnapped. Everything turned out okay in the end.
Mar 2, 2018 10:02 AM

Sep 2011
Soul_Queen said:
MistLiigh said:

I'm half convinced Tsumujimaru is voiced by Junichi Suwabe. But because I suck at recognizing voice actors, I just keep changing my opinion every five minutes. Like "Omg, it's Junichi!" ... "Nah, it can't be him" ... "But it definitely sounds like him!" ... "asfdkkwr I don't know!"

You might be right, he does sound like Aizawa from MHA/BnHA and Archer from Fate/Stay Night... but it's so hard to tell because, unlike Nakata Jouji who just has one distinct (and amazing) sound, Junichi Suwabe doesn't always sound the same. It's actually a little hard to believe, even with it right in front of me, that Aizawa, Karasuma from Assassination Classroom, a fairly generic high school-aged main character from HotD, and the narrator in Killing Bites are ALL THE SAME PERSON O-o

I just had the idea to go back and actually pay attention to the English credits Hidive puts at the end after the ED... but unfortunately they only list like 5 characters in the cast list and none of them were the ones from just this episode... >.> And I can't read the Japanese credits, so that doesn't help. Sadly I have no idea where else I'd even look for it so soon after the episode release (unless they were already listed here on MAL, but they aren't), and even if I did I probably wouldn't be able to read it myself :(

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 2, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
@MistLiigh @Soul_Queen Here's Junichi Suwabe's name in the Japanese credits :)

I can't read Japanese either, but I found what his name looks like in Japanese here: https://myanimelist.net/people/95/Junichi_Suwabe

Koharu and Mimi last week was hard, because I usually don't recognize/follow seiyuu and I didn't have any in mind, so I had to use Google Translate's camera function on my phone to get hints. It can't read names, but it got me a kanji or two to search MAL's people listings for. Barbarian survival skills :P

There's also this handwritten kanji recognition tool, https://kanji.sljfaq.org but since I've never learned even the basics of Japanese writing, I've only been able to get it to recognize what I drew once ever.
Mar 2, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2011
@nDroae Thanks! Looks the same as far as I can tell, good call @Soul_Queen !

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 2, 2018 2:13 PM

Jun 2007
wow the founder of the house decided to let people in for free, that's so heartwarming.
they were eating such delicious-looking mushrooms near the end.....
konju is such an amusing character
glad their fight turned out to be nothing serious.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 2, 2018 6:44 PM

Jan 2018
MistLiigh said:

Haha, thanks @MistLiigh !

Someone just told me that Higaki's VA is Takeuchi Ryouta, which turned out to be true as I listened to him again (and totally did NOT cause me to go all fangirl internally). How I didn't recognize his voice the first time around is beyond me.
Mar 2, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
Soul_Queen said:
MistLiigh said:

Someone just told me that Higaki's VA is Takeuchi Ryouta, which turned out to be true as I listened to him again (and totally did NOT cause me to go all fangirl internally). How I didn't recognize his voice the first time around is beyond me.

Wait whaaaaat??? I could swear that was Nakata Jouji. Sure, Elias's voice isn't far off from that, but this sounded more like Kotomine, Alucard, or Kongou-sensei to me O-o

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 3, 2018 1:09 AM

Aug 2014
Worst episode yet out of all previous 8, it felt all over the place and left many questions like who was the leader of the lizard guy nd how did that guy know about hikagi and also if there was no fight and this was all them joking and messing around then why tone it at the start to be like a dark deep fight arc and a big fight between the 2 parties? Idk y I gave the episode "it's okay" tbh. It was nice seeing Konju, best girl.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 3, 2018 8:36 AM

Jul 2015
Sheesh, didn't expect what I can only really describe as FREAKIN GANG VIOLENCE. I mean dang, kipdnapping, vandalism, actual fighting and attacks, THEY NEARLY SET PEOPLE ON FIRE. This took on a turn I never would have expected from this anime, of course everything turned out to actually not be that bad, which I did expect but still, this was quite the exciting episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 3, 2018 6:57 PM

Jan 2015
Hey, that's the same BGM is playing again. The one when they met Oroshi, epic BGM that you feel the thrill when you heard it. >_<
I don't really get the story for this episode. Maybe because there's some of those Japanese words I don't really familiar with. Oh well, guess I'll re-watching it later. But one thing for sure, Konju is the one who had the good time since she can do a tour at the "Lawless District' for free. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 4, 2018 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
I really thought there's gonna be some drunken rumble-ry that would happen, but is was just Ukai's last will is: for all tenants to be level-headed to each other.
4/5.

Mar 4, 2018 9:02 PM

Aug 2008
I was confused why the lizard helped out Hakumei with the honey wine after coming off as the big bad meanie in the beginning.
Mar 5, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
An episode a bit unconventional, not by the measure of what is happening if you do not in the end, are somewhat hesitant because I do not know if it is the fault of the director or the fansub, but then realized I've got a lot in this episode . Notwithstanding this, however, it was known a new aspect of the world inhabited by Hakumei and Mikochi. A multi-level city very different from the one glimpsed in a certain anime, I find it to my liking.
Mar 5, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
I love anime.

MistLiigh said:
The squirrel, Nobuki is this guy:
https://myanimelist.net/people/28889/Yoshitaka_Yamaya
ukai
https://myanimelist.net/people/440/Daisuke_Kishio

@nDroae
Really it would be quicker to just learn the kanji with Heisig's book (Remembering the kanji). Strictly speaking, kanji isn't japanese (the language), so you can be done with the book (2k kanji) in a month or two if you're diligent about it.
EratiKMar 5, 2018 10:52 AM
Mar 5, 2018 10:50 AM

Sep 2011
EratiK said:
MistLiigh said:
The squirrel, Nobuki is this guy:
https://myanimelist.net/people/28889/Yoshitaka_Yamaya

Aaah. So I guess I have heard him before, but it shouldn't stand out as much as I thought it did at one point... Well, thank you!

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 5, 2018 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
Didn't like this episode very much myself.

It strayed away from the formula of the show so far and I was personally lost as to what the whole thing was supposed to be about outside of a turf war thing. I don't know this episode just didn't work for me. Still it's 1 episode so far I haven't enjoyed so no big deal.
Mar 5, 2018 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was a special five-part chapter (15.1-15.5) in the manga, and it was out of character there too.

EratiK said:
@nDroae
Really it would be quicker to just learn the kanji with Heisig's book (Remembering the kanji). Strictly speaking, kanji isn't japanese (the language), so you can be done with the book (2k kanji) in a month or two if you're diligent about it.

It wouldn't be quicker, considering how rarely I have any interest in deciphering kanji - once or twice a year, at most. I only did it for Koharu because she was a beetle, and Mimi because after Koharu I felt bad about leaving her out.

You're talking to a guy who started studying equally useless Russian as an escape from the shame of unintentionally picking up Japanese from anime rather than learning the "right" languages. I've been resisting learning Japanese since the 2000's, because prioritizing Japanese would be an admission of Japanese superiority over my own Filipino/Chinese heritage. It's only in the last couple of years that I've come to terms with the inevitable doom that I will be studying Japanese at some point. Still, every time I so much as read an article about Japanese, part of me feels ashamed.
Mar 5, 2018 2:22 PM
Jan 2016
Nothing like friendly gang violence in your chibi anime, amirite?
Mar 6, 2018 3:00 AM

Mar 2009
Ehh, this episode was all over the place. Wasn't that big lizard guy bad? Then all of a sudden he was nice to them.
Mar 6, 2018 4:25 AM
Aug 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Worst episode yet out of all previous 8, it felt all over the place and left many questions like who was the leader of the lizard guy nd how did that guy know about hikagi and also if there was no fight and this was all them joking and messing around then why tone it at the start to be like a dark deep fight arc and a big fight between the 2 parties? Idk y I gave the episode "it's okay" tbh. It was nice seeing Konju, best girl.

The lizard is the leader and one of the firs people who live there so he knows all about the history of that place. They stated the fight because Higaki despite being the new owner of that place just hiding and didn't do his job so the fight is an excuse to make him take the job seriously.

Mormegil said:
Ehh, this episode was all over the place. Wasn't that big lizard guy bad? Then all of a sudden he was nice to them.

The fight is just a way to make Higaki came out and takes his job seriously.
Mar 7, 2018 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Himawari9 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

The lizard is the leader and one of the firs people who live there so he knows all about the history of that place. They stated the fight because Higaki despite being the new owner of that place just hiding and didn't do his job so the fight is an excuse to make him take the job seriously.

Mormegil said:

so there are supposed to be 2 leaders? one was the lizard, so who is the other one?

Mar 7, 2018 6:25 AM
Aug 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Himawari9 said:

so there are supposed to be 2 leaders? one was the lizard, so who is the other one?

The lizard is like the leader but there is actually no leader as those people only do as they please.
Mar 7, 2018 7:55 AM

Aug 2014
Himawari9 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

The lizard is like the leader but there is actually no leader as those people only do as they please.

it seems like there are 2 parts so it doesn't seem consistent.

Mar 7, 2018 7:57 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty strange episode, the clearly non-SOL plot contrasting with the usual episodes, but still with a strangely carefree and childish tone-almost like childs' play. Mayybe some social commentary piled on top, yet with a focus on food recipes. Puzzling atmosphere. Could be a 2hu influence
Mar 7, 2018 5:30 PM

Jul 2014
I thought this episode will be a serious one. But, everything changes when war start. It makes me laugh a lot
Mar 8, 2018 12:52 AM
Aug 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Himawari9 said:

I think there is some translation error. In the manga, he stated that there is no leader. I don't know which one is true, the manga or the anime.
Mar 8, 2018 1:39 AM

Aug 2014
Himawari9 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I think there is some translation error. In the manga, he stated that there is no leader. I don't know which one is true, the manga or the anime.
Himawari9 said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Thanks for the help.

Mar 8, 2018 9:52 PM
Sep 2017
Konjou needs to Be harass to make this episode better

Mar 10, 2018 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
A truly weird, yet cool episode. Resolving the conflict by serving mint julep!
Mar 13, 2018 4:26 AM

Mar 2009
@Himawari9 Thanks for explaining things. I must not have been paying attention.
Mar 16, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2018
MistLiigh said:
Soul_Queen said:

Wait whaaaaat??? I could swear that was Nakata Jouji. Sure, Elias's voice isn't far off from that, but this sounded more like Kotomine, Alucard, or Kongou-sensei to me O-o

Really?? Because to me he sounds nothing like Kotomine or Ashen Eyes etc.

Anyways, not that it matters at this point but Takeuchi was indeed the VA of Higaki, as confirmed here: https://myanimelist.net/people/12615/Ryouta_Takeuchi?q=Takeuchi%20Ryouta
Mar 24, 2018 12:26 PM

Jul 2009
In the end everything worked out.
Apr 1, 2018 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
Quite different formula for this episode but it was interesting, probably my least favorite one but ok nevertheless. I could see more of Konju so I'm satisfied.
May 6, 2018 2:06 PM

May 2012
Another pretty lovely episode! Pacing was a bit worse than the others but still decent! Let's see what's next.
Dec 5, 2018 9:33 PM

Nov 2013
Call of Cuty: Moe Warfare.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 6, 2019 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
I have high hopes for this episode, sadly its not well adapted compared to previous ones. Considering this is 4-5 chapters made into one episode it is not surprising

Tsukigimaru voice....where I have heard that before...oh yeah....Abbacchio from JoJo Golden Wind.
Feb 27, 2020 8:38 PM

Sep 2018
That's so cute!! Hahaha cuties fighting each other looks harmless. Konju enjoy being kidnap lol
Feb 23, 2021 1:15 PM

Feb 2020
That was so strange episode. Easily the weakest so far.
Nov 5, 2021 9:46 PM

May 2019
Wow, there's threats of violence, habit-forming smoke, swearing, kidnapping, mentions of a 'pleasure house', a seedy underground world.

I understand there is a whole world (tiny or not) of good and bad.

I thought there was just too much conflict in this episode for it to be iyashikei, imo. It was pretty dark.

Nov 21, 2021 6:33 PM
Sep 2009
I can appreciate they wanted to try something different to previous episodes, but this deviated too far from the formula that made those work so well. Too much going on and too many guest characters introduced to keep track of.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

135 by WhiteRoseTimmy »»
Aug 8, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2018

43 by James_xeno »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

39 by James_xeno »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:32 PM

» Anticipation thread

HappyMN - Aug 6, 2017

37 by gprime70 »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

58 by SuperAdventure »»
Oct 25, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.