Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 12, 2017 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting and intriguing first episode.
May 15, 2017 7:59 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good start to the anime. Something tells me they will mess up somewhere but idk, That's just what I feel like will happen.

I really like the character Chindo, He's always about business and does seem to have the skills for something "bigger" as the women says, I'm just not sure what though.

On to the next!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
May 28, 2017 4:33 PM

Mar 2016
I have to say i hate the CGI in this, it made it almost unwatchable for me.

It seems terribly cheap and unnecessary while I might not be a fan of CG in anime in general but I am of the firm belief that if you're going to use it then you should use it to its fullest, CG offers a multitude of interesting possibilities such as engaging camera work yet the CG here is hardly animated at all and we are left with the talking head syndrome.

Though skimming over this form it would seem that the majority finds it refreshing so for anyone who enjoy the CG in this might I suggest you watch the 2015 anime Film Harmon.
Zeus_StriderMay 28, 2017 5:08 PM
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Jun 5, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
The cube is beautiful, but I also don't understand why the characters are CG, especially since the camera isn't exactly going nuts when there's on-screen dialogue. Is it really because of the white haired alien's design?

The genki girl scientist clashes with everything else; everyone else sounds like an adult and she alone sounds like a moeblob (which is normally something I have no issue with). She's too quirky to be taken seriously but not quirky enough to be funny, so I don't get what the point is with her. And it's weird because normally I really like Kugimiya Rie and I know she has the range to pull off more serious characters, too.

Also, the bureaucrats asked for the old professor guy's opinion, so why is she talking all the time? Or is she really the one who's important but for some reason she just has to have a male supervisor? This whole thing is so wishy-washy.

The only other female character sure likes saying "Shindo-kun" a lot. That's totally not going to get annoying or anything.

Otherwise, I'm not really amazed yet. Maybe I was just hyped up too much with all the praise the show's getting. Or maybe it's because the summary spoiled the reveal, and the white haired dude is on the poster anyways, so there wasn't much to be surprised about.
LeeTailorJun 5, 2017 7:40 AM
Jul 9, 2017 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
The CGI looks satisfying.
The Cube has absolute defense, or maybe also has absolute offense.
Jul 13, 2017 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
dammit 0 didnt have cgi
Aug 8, 2017 1:19 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was totally impressive! Compared to the 00 episode this was totally amazing! Really great development I must say! Looking forwards to see what this anime will have to offer!
Nov 26, 2017 5:54 PM

Jul 2016
goddamn, i'm already excited. when shindo kept bumping into him in the plane seat, i already was shipping lmfao i'm pathetic. and how tf did they make shindo so good looking when it's cg animation? SHIIIIIT I SHIP HANAMORI AND SHINDO SO MUCH, DAMN THIS 'ISH! i will never tell anyone how many times i replayed that one bit where hanamori's hand was swallowed up by the rainbow goo, because of this never.
that was such an exciting first episode, i was literally putting my hand over my mouth when that za guy came out. the only thing (though i was kind of expecting it due to those two only mentioning shindo) that i don't like is that hanamori apparently died or something since he's not with his business partner. the ending song is alright, i wish they did something cool with the ending though. i don't remember if there was an opening. scientist is annoying as hell. who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put her in this anime? everything she does gets me mad... "win-win-win!" "kami-sama!" LIKE STFU!!!
overall amazing. and to think i only read of this from a japanese twitter acc talking about how this was on amazon JP, should have watched it earlier.
Jan 9, 2018 12:53 AM

Mar 2015
Very interesting start, looking to see how this will go, and why Shindo is suddenly on the alien's side
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 12, 2018 9:21 PM

Jun 2011
this is so fucking perfect I can't.. I haven't been this immersed in a show in a long time. Nothing seems to have actually happened through out the episode yet I was glued to the screen for the entirety of it, there's so much intrigue and enough light hearted moment/comedic relief (like that Kugyuu scientist) to not make it boring, and the music score is as good as ever.

When that missile did nothing to the cube, I was in awe, actually couldn't believe what I was watching, I have the same reaction as those in the show. When the cube opened up and Shindo walked out, the sense of wonder just took over me, and ZaShunina appearing just added to it. I like that Fregonics effect that the cube and ZaShunina have on.

This is amazing so far!

Hiruko_thirtySix said:

Remind me of the brother from Ao no Exorcist more tbh
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.