Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol what's with the blue skinned kids? So awkward.

Really liked the music montage they used for Maki though as it shows a lot of her character. I feel like this episode focused a lot on Maki by showing a more fragile side of her character and also a more kinder side especially to Koharu.

Glad to see the girls keeping their spirit high. I didn't know Koharu enjoyed drinking
May 17, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
The scene with the children was funny especially the part where Ririko tried to escape.
And it seems Makie worked out her thoughts with all the things happening around her.
It's good that things worked out for her.
May 17, 2017 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
Ririko, congratulations. You've made it, and thanks to Maki's advice.
Those "blue" kids and their big-butt word... Totally reminds me about Amagi's kid trio. LOL
Even so, felt kinda sad knowing Maki's problem resolved with the cost for Shiori's memory. Well, at least Yoshino already do something with the burnt house. AND it's not about undo the burnt house.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 17, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Wonderful episode. Ririko did great with her acting. Maki helped her out. Her father is proud of her. Got to see a bit of Shiori's past. The house belong to a woman she would visit. I'm glad Yoshino told the film crew to add that in the credits. That was nice of her. The montage of Maki's younger self was great.
May 17, 2017 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
Did that kid just smack Sanae's behind? O.O

Maki finally solved her problems. It nice of her to give some advice to Riri.

It was sad to see Shiori and Yoshino argue but Yoshino already did something about it. She truly is a kind soul.

"Rigor's mortis." That is why Riri is my favourite character in this.

May 17, 2017 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
Another great episode.

Poor Sanae:(
May 17, 2017 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode, this was my favorite episode so far. Just all round beautiful.

I really loved how everything played out. Very nice blend of comedy, drama and slice of life portions.
The way Maki went from not wanting to act, to helping Riri act and eventually acting herself was great. Special mention to that stunning insert song and montage of her reminiscing the time she spent learning to act as a kid. Quite the wonderful tree wasn't she? XD
Nice seeing Ririko slowly overcome her shyness as well. :)

That scene with the kids wrecking Sane was hilarious. XD

Yoshino might have been a little hard on Shiori but I really like how they were both really mature about it with Shiori accepting the resolution and Yoshino apologizing for being a little hard on her even if she was right.

I kinda teared up at the end when that assistant manager guy told Shiori that Yoshino asked them to put the old woman's name in the special thanks section. :3

Favorite quotes from this episode

"It's got to be more than something you 'like' or you won't get far kid"
If you wanna pursue something, you gotta do it with all your heart. :)

"A house is more than just a box"
It's a container of life. :)
Lelouch0202May 17, 2017 11:58 AM
May 17, 2017 11:10 AM

Dec 2016
I have only one thing to say:

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
May 17, 2017 11:45 AM

May 2015
That felt like a perfect and flawless episode, I LOVED IT a lot. One of the best episodes, if not the best. It just had a lot of great moments in one episode, either sad (which made me just a little bit teary at times), heartwarming or just outright enjoyable.

Really, it just couldn't get any better than this. I'm so happy for the girls that they got this done with successfully <3.

Lelouch0202 said:

I really loved how everything played out. Very nice blend of comedy, drama and slice of life portions.
The way Maki went from not wanting to act, to helping Riri act and eventually acting herself was great. Special mention to that stunning insert song and montage of her reminiscing the time she spent learning to act as a kid. Quite the wonderful tree wasn't she? XD

Yoshino might have been a little hard on Shiori but I really like how they were both really mature about it with Shiori accepting the resolution and Yoshino apologizing for being a little hard on her even if she was right.

I kinda teared up at the end when that assistant manager guy told Shiori that Yoshino asked them to put the old woman's name in the special thanks section. :3

"It's got to be more that something you 'like' or you won't get far kid"

Just all of this :>.
ReverberateMay 17, 2017 11:50 AM

May 17, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
Shiori with them runaway words thrown at yoshi :O
Maki gets some encouragement from her dad and does a stand in and the movie wraps up.
That girls after party ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 17, 2017 12:10 PM

May 2015
I'm really enjoying this show, it's sooo beautiful :)
May 17, 2017 1:01 PM

Jul 2016
Criminal this is not rated at least 8.20+. Going to spread Sakura Quest propaganda from now on.
May 17, 2017 1:17 PM

Apr 2016
Best episode by far for me, I loved everything about Maki (except the card thing), Shiori's nostalgia, Yoshino getting the name of the old woman in the end credits and finally the funny four girls drunk.

I hope they'll bring more episodes of this kind.
May 17, 2017 1:37 PM

Feb 2015
...This show is still rated 7.13 how???

really nice episode, character development etc. It's just really nice to see them all working hard together.
May 17, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
The fire scene was good. I hope the movie pays off in the end.

I want to see more of that eccentric artist. He's fun.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 17, 2017 1:46 PM

Jun 2015
otterman965 said:
Criminal this is not rated at least 8.20+. Going to spread Sakura Quest propaganda from now on.

Go! I support you.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 17, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
Rorek said:
Another great episode.

this surprised me I thought "oh they have rude children in Japan too?"
May 17, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao! Shut up big butt megane, at least Sanae was able to settle the fight.

Very nice episode, Makis character became even more depth and she was able to support the movie inactive and active. The montage with her and the song in the backround was nicely done, probably my favorite part, followed by her as stuntwoman.

Seeing the girls celebreting and drinking beer after the shot was a satisfaying ending for this great episode.

Based on the phone call Yoshino and the others are on a good way to bring about a change in Manoyama.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 17, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
otterman965 said:

You are absolutely right, please do it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 17, 2017 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
Sanae does have a nice backside, but having the kids spank her and call her "Four-eyes big butt" must've embarrased her quite a bit. =O

Apart from that amusing moment, the rest of the episode went pretty flawlessly. Ririka was able to gain confidence with her small acting park, Maki was able to regain inspiration, with thanks to her father, to help with the film's finale as a stunt double and Shiori was able to part ways with the house that held important childhood memories for her with the old lady that used to live there.

The after party with the girls was amusing. We need to see Yoshino's drunk face more! >D

Even though we're only 7 episodes into Sakura Quest, the main cast's character development has gone along nicely. Without doubt, this show is one of the underrated ones this season, which is a shame since it's been really good from the get-go and is getting progressively better as it goes on. =)
May 17, 2017 2:39 PM

Apr 2016
Niveen_Sleem said:
Rorek said:
Another great episode.

That's why the fertility rate is falling Japan : all the kids are bullies, so of course women don't want to have some.

It makes all sense now :)
May 17, 2017 2:51 PM
Mar 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

That's why the fertility rate is falling Japan : all the kids are bullies, so of course women don't want to have some.

It makes all sense now :)

well that almost happen in the country side
maybe most all parent busy with their farm or their work
and havent enough time for his children
and his children become wild along with his companion
May 17, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2014
I think that's one of the best depictions of making a movie that I've ever seen, truly remarkable.
They executed this episode perfectly, I think it's even better than the previous episode.
They nailed the engrish sounding preview too!
sakamoto-kun said:
otterman965 said:

You are absolutely right, please do it.

Oh while you're at it please do make a fanclub, appealing enough for me ta join.
May 17, 2017 3:59 PM

May 2016
What is this, Sandal-san's scene was cut? Bad director now became worst director. Instant least favourite character.

I am a little disappointed that Shiori's plot ended that quick and neat as I feel she wouldn't have that many opportunities later. Shiori being the generally nice and helpful character would be interesting if showed a little more greedy side of herself to show a more human side of her like with the house. Now with that out of the way, what's left for Shiori. That is why I fear her becoming the weakest member of the group. The beginning flashback hit me really hard so it was a little sad (not the preferred kind in this case) when there was little fellow up.
On the bright side, Maki took her first steps back into the acting world and there is still potential with the storyline involving her dad as they never did end up talking to eachother.
May 17, 2017 6:03 PM

Dec 2016
Really endearing episode. While i havent found anything extremely special about this show yet, the music is really good and they always seem to have a very endearing story to tell.

I am loving drunk Shiori :3
May 17, 2017 6:36 PM
Jun 2009
What a wonderful episode.

May 17, 2017 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
This was my favorite episode so far, shame this show hasn't blown up

When they showed what Yoshino did at the end i felt something in maa heart~, she really is kind to the soul

Those little brats are too young to understand the true wonders of big behinds
May 17, 2017 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
So in the end why did Maki want to quit being an actress? Does she feel like she wasn't passionate enough or she isn't talented enough? Also what was her history with studying and dropping out and with her dad?

As for Shiori I kind of wished we got something more resolved from internally than her being shoved into accepting something she isn't emotionally ready to accept.
May 17, 2017 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode! Definitely the best so far!
May 17, 2017 7:16 PM

Jun 2013
Also thinking about it, though it was funny and Sanae definitely has a nice ass, What is it With PA Works and smacking their main characters on the ass so much? It happened in Shirobako and in Trai Tari like 20 times.
May 17, 2017 7:21 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode, lots of great interactions and feels between the main characters.

The kid just slaps Sanae's ass lol and they start calling her names, that was funny watch.

Maki is a really good actress, I hope she gets back into it.
May 17, 2017 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
5/5

Great episode and my favorite thus far. I like the insert song but it was very random and it abruptly ended as well.

Riri trying to act was adorable and the poor girl was shaking. I did not expect Sanae to get spanked by the kids either. It was even better to see Riri covering her butt by putting her back against the wall and slowly make her way out.

It was nice to see more about Maki's past. She's moving up in my list of best girl with her help with Riri and being a stunt double. She's also an excellent tree.

Poor Shiori had to watch as her memories burn up with the house. It was very sweet to know that Yoshi wanted the house to be credited in the end. Drunk Shiori is fun! All these girls are just fantastic to watch.

otterman965 said:

I think we should make a committee in getting this series more attention and have our committee be led by a pink haired queen...This feels familiar.

Anyways, I agree because this series is just so great.

May 17, 2017 7:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

"It's got to be more than something you 'like' or you won't get far kid"

Beautiful post Lulu, you said it all

This episode was perfect in my eyes and both of the final scenes are what I love seeing....The girls together having fun
May 17, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2016
Luke72 said:
...This show is still rated 7.13 how???
I know right???!!!!

Also the insert song is "thyme" by (K)NoW_Name is that how you write it if anyone's wondering. Will be track #3 from OP single.

Niveen_Sleem said:
otterman965 said:

Go! I support you.
Yeha, I'll help by doing what I can as well
No seriously.
May 18, 2017 1:39 AM

Sep 2016
ohh man i lovedd this eps everything about it shiori and makis perspectives were sad and i was glad to see the conclusion
Facta Non Verba
May 18, 2017 1:44 AM
Jul 2013
Damn, I hate Shiori now. Yoshi should've bish slap the bish

From all that sitting of course Sanae would have a big butts, *insert MC hammer song*

Riri so cute when she was acting
May 18, 2017 4:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic.

Best episode to date. Yoshino really made everything happen and i got teary-eyed when Maki hugged her.

Very level-headed decision by Maki to help out Riri instead taking the role. We'll likely get a Riri arc soon enough that will deal with more of her social problems.

Nice segment of Maki's past. She has the love for acting.

The little dispute between Yoshino and Shiori...i was with Shiori there tbh. It was HER memory that would get erased and Yoshino thought of the other people first, Shiori must have felt left alone with that. I get both but i could relate to Shiori more.
May 18, 2017 5:05 AM

Aug 2015
Would spank Sanae's dat ass too, good kids. Looks like it will be Ririko's episode next week.

No Sandals-san's aside from the voice-over preview well that's sad
May 18, 2017 6:41 AM

Feb 2017
Sakura Quest save Spring!
May 18, 2017 7:32 AM

Oct 2008
I just knew there was gonna be some song plastered over a montage at some point because Toho and their pushing of KNoW NAME... Hopefully it won't be regular like in Hai to Sensou no Grimgar and ruin a good thing.
May 18, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
This was the best episode so far, which is strange since it is the second or third time I've said that this week.

It's a long way home from your dreams Maki, but you can always start again.

I felt bad for Shiori and her childhood memories, but Yoshi proved herself a true friend with the tribute to the late house owner for the movie's end credits.

The kids bantzing Sanae -ha ha ha

Riri in her first acting role was adorable.
May 18, 2017 5:12 PM

Oct 2012
I just realized that the voice of Moe was Inase Minore aka Rem or Hestia - I thought it was someone well-known :)

Anyway, not a bad episode, maybe great even, although that moralizing act of main heroine (when she found out Shiori by the house) was very unnatural, cringeworthy and almost out of character from her standpoint (hypocrisy much? not really something she would do). I understand they probably wanted to show some conflict but it felt really contrived in the end. I mean, just about everyone else act like normal people while Yoshino still remains kinda two-dimensional. She is actually the worst charcter of this show as she acts only as plot device to move the story on and this thing was very obvious this time.

Other than that, this double-episode was very good in showing background and character developement of all main girls, and the slice-of-life was good too, it really felt like such shooting could happen this way. I believe this was mainly because of experience the team was projecting in this very episode, the same as in Shirobako - as movies are definitely something they know about. Sadly, this doesn't really work the same in other episodes when they are dealing with other things they are not so experienced with. And small bits of comedy here and there, mainly in the end when they were drinking, wasn't really needed.

Sidenote: the insert song with Maki was directed really well and it was very good idea to incorporate her younger self. Shame it wasn't bit longer though.
May 18, 2017 5:29 PM

Dec 2013
Seems like several issues were resolved during this episode. It was great to see Shiori and Maki's memories of when they were young (both were such cuties).

Watching them hash out their differences and completing their project was great to see. Made me want to switch jobs and go into film making just to roam around places like this. Seeing the two girls face and accept their problems and move on was delightful.

Loved that insert song when Maki was roaming around town.

Oh but in the end the film crew oversold the town. Blowing up temples and free-roam car chases? Don't think they'll be getting another action film anytime soon, haha.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 18, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2009
Rorek said:
Another great episode.

Real talk: I want to strangle these kids for picking on Sanae.
Also, why were they blue?
May 18, 2017 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
A very emotional episode for both Shiori and Maki. Still, glad that everything's been settled at the end.

Good Job Yoshino :3
May 19, 2017 2:28 AM
Apr 2017
THE ENGLISH SONG PLAYED IS PRETTY... TITLE PLEASE, ANYONE????

I REALLY LOVE THE OP AND ED OF THIS ANIME <3
May 19, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2015
ahhhhh nice insert song, i want to hear it again
at the end, the girls are united again with a smol party, so cute
May 19, 2017 5:20 AM

Apr 2016
Momosamaa said:
One thing I'm confused about is the whole situation with Maki, her brother and her dad? I thought he was in a different town or something and wanted Maki to move back. Can someone explain that to me? :o

The way I understood it. Maki doesn't want to come back to her parents house, which is indeed in the same town, because she dropped out of her studies and got an argument about that with her father (who probably payed this studies).

What I don't remember is whether the study had to do with acting or if it was something else she was not interested in.
May 19, 2017 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
Now what you are reasoning! The episode is so permeated with feelings, that being part of a person is a play. Not only Maki, but also all the other girls, come out as reinforced as characters. I loved this episode for expressive power in both feelings and teachings that they can draw from.

Rorek said:
Another great episode.

Those kids, regret those words when they grow up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

otterman965 said:

Remember, good things, they know in a few. ^_^
May 19, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2011
Those kids really did that!?

Damn.

» Escapism.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.