Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2017 2:54 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't expect Sana to just straight up teleport Zouroku to her to be honest. Kind of interested about the bit with Sana and the blonde woman, too. I feel they might be related in some way, by blood or not. Anyway, I found the bonding part with Zouroku and Sana really adorable. Hope they bond more soon.
hugtto precure is an international treasure thank you for coming to my ted talk
Apr 24, 2017 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
oh wow more info about Sana
Apr 24, 2017 9:15 PM

Jul 2015
Continuation of the kidnapping incident, and we get some stuff kind of explained. Sana isn't just some girl with powers it seems, but isn't even human.

Certain points felt a bit rushed to me but nothing to bad, and I notice that the music keeps this calmer and more fantasy element that makes the dire situations seem not so dire as they should be (when Sana was shot, the music just didn't give me that feeling, while the music at the end was more actiony sounding which matched the moment, still felt bad though) but hey, that's just me. I wonder how things will go from here on considering were only on episode 4.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 24, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2014
Ok so this episode really expanded on what Sana's true background was like. Zoroku's speech felt really connecting and I'm sure Sana will mature more after this incident.
That was a rather flashy entrance by Ichijo, but I liked it.
Apr 25, 2017 12:15 AM
Nov 2015
this episode just 10/10

TwT)
Apr 25, 2017 2:33 AM

Oct 2009
Zoroku best guy 2017 confirmed.

The whole speech he gave was insanely touching and relatable for everyone who's ever felt like an outcast before too. So you're different than others and cause problems? So what! Be proud of who you are and learn from mistakes, don't filter your own needs out as that's never the answer!
Nothing is Completely Useless.
Apr 25, 2017 4:26 AM

Oct 2011
hentailuvr42069 said:
Tokoya said:
Minnie C is the worst ever, fuck that bitch

It was so sad to see Sana and Sanae suffer the way they did in this episode, but thank god for Zoroku, that man is true MVP Oji-san

But my question atm is who was the blonde woman that Sana talked too.....I feel like that's either Sana in the future or maybe that's her mom/a mom-like figure that she had in the past
i assumed it was her mom or a glimpse of her life before the research facility or somethin, but it would be really cool if it was future her :0 i love that idea

I bet my coins in a future version of herself...
by the way she looks, and the things she said...

and, curious point; she is making a flower arrangement =D (totally looks like a Sana raised by Zouroku XD )
Apr 25, 2017 6:55 AM

Mar 2009
Man, this show is so underrated this season. What a great episode.
I love how Zorouku isn't one of those typical over-the-top elderly anime characters, or even worse, a pervy old guy. He just feels like a real person. And a badass one at that. Top 5 character this season.
Apr 25, 2017 7:18 AM

Jun 2016
Damn. I thought this was going to be some sweet and slow-paced slice of life show. And I was not expecting this.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Apr 25, 2017 7:41 AM

Oct 2014
Put this in episode 8 or 9 and I would have been crying like s***.
There's simply not enough time for us to understand Sana and, more importantly, her relationship with Zouroku.

They should have made this a 2 cour and take 2-3 more episodic episodes. Or even split the story into two and see if it will sell or not. (if it doesn't, then well nobody would be looking for S2 anyway lol.)
Anything to make this beautiful episode truly meaningful not just to Sana, but to us.

Sad. And this is such a beautiful episode.
Apr 25, 2017 7:53 AM

Apr 2017
It looks like Sana met her future self o,o

aaand dayum Zouroku is badass in here xD
Apr 25, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2016
Minnie C triggers me so much. Idk I don't like her VA (same as Tokie-san from Urara last season). Sana and Zoroku moments were pretty good albeit Minnie C giving them the time to talk was quite dumb, though I guess she had nothing to worry about since Sana was out of energy.

An alright episode, really like the normal stuff but the supernatural parts are still a bit iffy for me.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
Minnie C is slowly becoming the Iok™ of this anime.
Very interesting episone with huge info dump about Sana. Although the first few scenes were quite disturbing. Hopefully they manage to escape next week (killing the kimono B** while at it).
Apr 25, 2017 12:21 PM

Nov 2015
Man.. what a plot twist! Zouroku's badass as always like in 1st ep..
BUT THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING!!!! Why... just why..?

L-Ryoshi said:
How the HELL did Sana connect through space-time and talk with her future self???? It's so obvious that's her in the future, considering her reaction to Sana's comment about her flat chest, lol....

This gives me hope for just how things will turn out, since she becomes a florist in the end.
That spoilery foreshadowing though.. umm to answer your question.. umm maybe she's that powerful maybe?

Lufwa said:
Minnie C triggers me so much. Idk I don't like her VA (same as Tokie-san from Urara last season). Sana and Zoroku moments were pretty good albeit Minnie C giving them the time to talk was quite dumb, though I guess she had nothing to worry about since Sana was out of energy.

An alright episode, really like the normal stuff but the supernatural parts are still a bit iffy for me.
That VA also voiced Elsa aka Bowel Hunter from Re:Zero. And yes, she was so confident and assured about it.
AX3MApr 25, 2017 12:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2017 5:55 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic episode but man was it painful watching Sana get literally tortured like that. Love how Zoroku called out that bitch Minnie C and essentially said Sana was far more human then she could ever be.
Apr 25, 2017 5:57 PM

Jan 2014
"People aren't born good or bad. Maybe they're born with tendencies either way, but it's the way you live your life that matters.” -Simon, City of Glass

This episode was very touching. I definitely was not expecting this anime to be that dark.
Apr 25, 2017 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
Ronin-errante said:
hentailuvr42069 said:
i assumed it was her mom or a glimpse of her life before the research facility or somethin, but it would be really cool if it was future her :0 i love that idea

and, curious point; she is making a flower arrangement =D (totally looks like a Sana raised by Zouroku XD )
OMG i never even connected the flowers with zouroku !!!! i love that idea i hope you're right
Apr 26, 2017 12:50 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode. Really, what does be a human is? There are anime to have funny moments but there are anime that help us to remember who really we are. In this episode, I was moved by the discussion of Minnie C and Zouroku where they exposed philosophical and symbolic aspects of humans. Minnie C spread the most usual way of thinking of power-hungry and self-centered while Zouroku talked about the most pure nature of humanity.

This episode showed an anime with a smart concept. It remains me Madoka Magica not only by their art but by the way of developing some existential conflicts.
Apr 26, 2017 3:50 AM
Jun 2014
hentailuvr42069 said:
Ronin-errante said:

OMG i never even connected the flowers with zouroku !!!! i love that idea i hope you're right

As far as I see (and hear) she's totally future Sana. Tamura Yukari narrate the PV (one of the reason I watched this anime) and that's (for me) a strong indicator she'll be voicing the MC.

Kinda disappointed when in episode one she's just a narrator but, I noticed that she's talking about Sana in first person and in some kind of reminiscing tone which confused the hell out of me at first but now it's really clear, she narrate the Sana cave origin scene, when Sana meets her she said things like "against the rule to talk to me", "you'd better not forget you said that" and "in time, you'll find out" which totally implies that she's Sana (extra those flower thing @Ronin-errante said)

btw if you haven't figured it out, Tamura Yukari voiced the blonde really cool lady you don't know.
Apr 29, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2014
You know I felt like all of this lacked impact because it's so soon, especially the bond between Sana and Zoroku isn't very strong yet
Apr 29, 2017 11:05 PM
Mar 2017
I cried.. Thats it... 5/5*!
Apr 30, 2017 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
Zouroku you are amazing!!!!
Apr 30, 2017 6:44 AM

Oct 2008
Very Nice episode!
Sana's so adorable even when she's crying.
Sanae is so caring to both her grandfather & Sana!
Who is that adult girl with the same hair color as Sana's? her mother?
LOL Sana's forcefully teleported Zouroku and he's a bit strong huh...
Things are almost getting out of hand, good thing in the nick of time Ichijou arrived to save the day!
phrase of this show: "I hate crooked stuff!"
5/5.

Apr 30, 2017 4:02 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm. I don't want to get into discussion about how to talk with your kidnapper as that element simply didn't work but even that, most of the scenes in this episode just felt way too forced.

Everything is so happy go lucky.

Also, Ichijou and the goverment, we are to believe they are the good guys, right? Saving her, to have her live her happy life. Kinda hard to believe I have to say.
May 4, 2017 5:09 PM

Dec 2015
The vast majority of the characters in this show are just huge assholes or morons.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 10, 2017 1:52 AM
Apr 2011
So sana is a mononoke?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 1, 2017 3:40 PM

Feb 2012
The main problem I have now is that so much of this anime hinges on the fact that Sana is a cute little girl. If you were told that there was a non-human being who is mimicking humans and has the power to rewrite reality, I imagine most of you would side with Minnie C in trying to contain such a being. The problem is that there is no real way to prove that Sana is good, but this is an anime so we know she's good (most likely).
Jun 13, 2017 2:49 AM

Apr 2011
She looks like a human, she behaves like a human child, likes delicious food. Therefore, she can live like a human.
Jul 12, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2012
Another fantastic episode with great character development! Really looking forward to see what's next.
Apr 1, 2021 6:03 AM

Feb 2020
That bitch shot a little girl in her leg. What a horrible person.

Zouroku's speech was great. He's totally right about everything he said.

"Listen when your elders speak!"

SerafosDec 29, 2023 6:33 AM
May 20, 2022 9:32 PM

Jul 2021
Omg she the impostor killed the leg 😱😱😭

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

114 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 21, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

50 by cat_of_hell »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.