Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2012 10:59 PM

Jun 2012
I doubt this topic will generate very much discussion since the show has been out for quite some time, but I was curious as to what other people think the significance of Irabu's three forms might be.

Throughout the series, the only thing I could think of was Freud's model of the psyche, with Mouse-head Irabu representing the id (impulsive, childish personality, selfish), Adult Irabu representing the superego (not 'moral' per-say, but certainly the most reasonable and level-headed), and Little Irabu representing the ego (middle-ground between the two). I think this might be a bit of a stretch though, so I was wondering if anyone else had alternative theories as I've always been really curious about this.
Dec 20, 2016 4:23 AM

Feb 2016
Gosh darn it, mal failed me, I thought this forum would be on fire... Your analysis covered the basics of my assumptions with a little more added to the tank. I feel terrible for poking at this dead forum but I just wanted to add that this is interesting to people who were left a bit confused after this brilliant show ended and wanted so clarification.

Another thing I never understood which they increasingly showed as the show reach the middle point is why when the kid takes centre stage is the teddy bear ego either dragged around by the kid or propped up somewhere in the room?

Is Irabu himself plagued with mental disorders, after all "no one is perfect". I don't know the correct term but multiple personality disorder is when one personality takes over and the others stay dormant. If I remember correctly the other personalities are not also active when that happens resulting in a confused patient when the 'dominant' personality regains control. Perhaps the lifeless teddybear is suggesting this?

I also saw it as the patient 'maturing' as they dig deeper into their problems. It always start with the abstract being the teddy bear and either ends with the adult Irabu or if the patient needs to learn to relax and enjoy the present ending with the kid or the teddybear?
Cloud_IllusionDec 20, 2016 4:33 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

96 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

198 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2009

68 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2009

45 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2009

53 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.