Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2016 4:27 PM
Oct 2016
Erased is a spectacular anime but I will say that it is not for everyone. The themes and topics discussed in this anime are special to me because it focuses on kids and the horrible things that happens to those who don't deserve it.

Story: The story revolves around Satoru who possesses the ability of "Revival" which allows him to travel back in time to avoid tragedy. One of these times leads him to going back 18 years. He realizes that this is his chance to undo a horrible tragedy that occurred during his childhood, he wants to save a girl from being abducted. The story follows his adventure as he tries to fix the past.

Characters: I will come out and say it right now, Satoru is a fantastic character. He doesn't have any real superpowers (lasers, super strength, speed), he's not the guy that has a cult following, and he's not super out there in regards to being loud and obnoxious. He is an extremely down to earth guy who just wants to fix things. The things that happen during the anime led me to believing that he is a true "hero". Another stand out is Kayo who is a reserved girl who is the center behind the disaster. Here story is truly spectacular. Satoru's mom also gets a mention for being literally the best mom ever.

Atmosphere: This show does so many things right and hits every feeling spot on. When they want to make you cry, you cry. When they want to reveal something sinister, you feel chills. When the character's come out triumphant, you cheer. Even if you sense what's going on early in the show it is still worth it to stick around to the end because it is so worth it.

Problems: Like I just stated it is possible to figure out what is happening before the end. That's all I'll say.

Art: The show is fantastically directed and every scene has significance. Atmosphere and tone stems from being able to use imagery to emote feelings and the crew that worked on this did a fantastic job. There is a ton of really in-depth story telling done without any words being said and the art is the backbone. Well done.

Sound: As with art, music is essential to creating the proper atmosphere for any scene and the music delivered every time. Also, the opening and ending themes to this show are fantastic. The opening especially is sure to be one of your favorites.

Overall: If you are looking for a mystery anime with great characters that ALSO has the ability to play with your emotions then Erased is right for you
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Who is/are your favourite character/s?

defne - Feb 6, 2016

11 by HyTaKe »»
Jun 26, 2019 3:00 AM

» What did you guys think about the ending?

zaena - Apr 3, 2016

2 by BotRandy »»
Mar 31, 2017 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.