Forums
New
Oct 9, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2014
I know this topic has been talked about a lot, but I wanted to know
how did everyone start watching anime?
and what was your first one?

I started watching anime back in 2008 my first anime ever was "Heat Guy"
I watched "detective Conan" before, but it was dubbed.
I was a little kid and I got hooked when I watched the first episode with my brother.

watching anime was a rare thing where I used to live, but that
has changed now, which is nice =)

at the end, I'm sorry if I Misspelled any word =)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 9, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 2016
I started with what was on TV when i came back to school (Dragonball Z, Dectective Conan and One Pice), bu the first anime I've watched from start to finish was Death Note due to its popularity
Oct 9, 2016 8:58 AM

Jul 2016
Well I don't really remember a date or a period but I remember what and how haha

Without counting Pokémon, Yu-gi-oh etc, my 1st anime was Cardcaptor Sakura which I watched with my older sister, then I saw the first 54 episode of Inuyasha with french dub (I'm french yeah) on the TV. The TV not diffusing more than these 54 episodes, I watched the rest of it,with my sister again, on internet and finished it, followed by Kanketsu-hen and then the adventure starts !

It was when I was 16 that I started watching lots of anime with Mirai Nikki, SAO etc, and now there I am with 103 completed on MAL haha.

PS : Nice subject mate !
Oct 9, 2016 10:35 AM
Oct 2016
It was long time ago, i don´t remember what year, but i remember the first anime i´ve seen, it was Elfen Lied a bit strong for my age tho xD. After that i sawed Fate/Stay Night and i just got hooked hehe.
Oct 9, 2016 12:09 PM
Sep 2016
When i was a lil' kid i used to watch Pokémon, Dragonball Z and many other titles of the moment (i didn't knew what anime was back then, so i considered them simple cartoons).
My passion for anime has started in 2015, when i watched Death Note on Netflix for the first time, since then i continued watching more and more untill i coulnd't stop. Nowdays i'm searching for the perfect anime to fulfill my hunger for entertainment.
_
Oct 9, 2016 4:27 PM

May 2016
The first ones I saw were the typical 90s kids' anime, like Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cardcaptor Sakura and Digimon. It was when I got access to cable TV that I had Animax, an (at the time) Anime only channel and I watched some incredible titles like Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Evangelion, etc. After the channel disappeared I kinda lost interest in the medium until I watched Shingeki no Kyojin when everybody was talking about it, and although I was very disappointed with it (I consider it average at best), I decided to check what I was missing and therefore I want to check all the best reviewed titles and the most popular shows to find out, and I found some pretty amazing things so far, so I'm hooked right now!
Oct 9, 2016 4:57 PM

Sep 2016
Well if you count childhood things, my first anime would be doraemon that aired on tv. And like other kids back then i watch anything that aired on tv like db,yuyu hakusho, shaman king, etc.

But tbh, that got me really hooked up on anime was naruto, i even collect the manga for god's sake.

And the one that really got into anime seriously was back in 2011, my friend told me to watch anime seasonally. So, I was overwhelmed at first and didnt know that anime has a very wide range of genres. And I still watch anime till this day.
Oct 9, 2016 5:16 PM
Oct 2016
well aside from my childhood anime like digimon and pokemon. i started watch anime again around my 3rd year on highschool. my senior lend me his hardisk with a LOT anime of it..
back then, the first anime i watch was mirai nikki and i thought "damn this was interesting"
my second anime was gintama, and its still my favorite anime until now XD
Oct 10, 2016 2:39 AM
Jul 2015
I watched a lot of anime on tv when I was a kid,but the anime that I consider first and what really got me into anime was rosario to vampire of all things.It happened around 2010 I just got this new mobile phone and it had Wi-Fi of all things and you tube app to me that had nokia 3310 before that it was like wow this shit exists.And one evning while i was on you tube i found rosario to vampire under recomended so i just watched first episode for shit and gigles and then i binge watched both seasons till somewhere around 5 in the morning.After that I watched around 20 anime over the years until 2014 when i watched Fate/Zero and got hocked.
Oct 10, 2016 5:24 AM

Mar 2016
I was watching a Youtube video, when suddenly they were talking about Yoko Littner. So I searched her up on Google and found out, that she's from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Me being a horny teenager started watching that Anime.
That was 2013 and I don't regret it one bit.
Oct 10, 2016 8:48 AM
Apr 2016
I don't quite know when it all started, but I remember that my older sister kept talking about this amazing show called ''Bleach''. I remember she tried to explain the entire plot, and every single character, yes every single one. I was still pretty young and got really interested, so I asked her where I could start watching this, but she told me that it was WAY too long for my first anime so she made me watch ''Ouran Highschool Host Club'' and after that I was completely hooked! (and I still am ・ε・)
Oct 10, 2016 9:21 AM
May 2016
I´ve been watching anime since i was 6-7 years, like dragon ball, captain tsubasa, doraemon... the typical ones that were on TV those days, but when i really started to be interested in this thing of anime was in the moment when i finished watching guilty crown which is the best anime i´ve ever saw. This happened on 2015 and i made my own list on paper with different animes until someone told me about anime list, and now i´m here.
Oct 10, 2016 3:03 PM
Sep 2016
as far as i remember i watched a lot of conan and naruto when i was young but i didn't get into the "anime" world until i saw soul eater .soul eater was my first "real" anime where i learned what anime is and god why i watched 33 days of anime LIKE 33 days of sleep QQ halp
Oct 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
My first anime was Heidi. That was so long ago that I barely remember anything from that show. I think I was 4 years old. I watched TV every day, so there was no way around anime. When I was 6 or 7, all these shows like Pokemon, Digimon, Dragon Ball, etc started airing, and a few years later Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece and many more.
Oct 11, 2016 5:39 AM
Aug 2016
If you don't count the anime that I could watch on TV in my country, then my first anime would be Naruto.
I started watching it because of a I used to play Minecraft with. He was into Naruto and on the survial server we played on we had a clan wich we called (I don't know what its called anymore (ANBU?), its the group of shinobi that danzo leads). Because I had no idea what he was talking about I searched for it on google. I found the anime Naruto and started watching it in dub unitl there was no dub available anymore and then I continued in sub and started watching other anime. I think all of this happend in 201 or 2013

sorry for the long message *try's posting picture of potato but fails*
NijstOct 11, 2016 5:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on "Harem" genre?

Shinzui- - Oct 9, 2016

14 by Atheos_Athanatos »»
Apr 7, 2020 4:43 AM

» Modern 9gagers, reply to this I guess if you want

Greenlandball - Oct 13, 2018

0 by Greenlandball »»
Oct 13, 2018 3:44 PM

» Who's your waifu?

Brensu - Oct 5, 2016

13 by lacuela »»
Apr 20, 2017 10:44 PM

» Upcoming animes ( 1 2 )

NoMirai - Oct 5, 2016

62 by NoMirai »»
Dec 30, 2016 6:24 AM

» What is your favorite unpopular anime?

Nijst - Oct 11, 2016

10 by Morgas »»
Nov 6, 2016 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.