Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2016 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just saw it on CR. Well, that was quite something for the special and we even got photography girl in this!

Hearing the OP theme song from this show made me miss this show. As I had expected, Sakamoto is still flawless and easily caught that hotdog in the weird segment. VERY DELICIOUS. That Cursive Style technique is also quite something...
Stark700Sep 26, 2016 10:07 PM
Sep 26, 2016 9:49 PM

Mar 2015
Such a fancy ending.

And so...

Sakamoto is still cool, cooler, and the coolest!
Sep 26, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2014
I liked seeing the different versions of "Haven't you heard? I'm......" and I also liked how Sakamoto's classmates were imagining the same thing happening to him but in different settings, especially the alien version.

It was nice to see just one more episode of the most fabulous man of 2016.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 26, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see the different version of "Sakamoto-kun!"
Sep 26, 2016 11:28 PM

Feb 2008
It's nice to see Sakamoto again and they all begun to imagination .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 26, 2016 11:49 PM

Nov 2012
a bit disappointing that this episode was mostly recaps, but it was still pretty funny. i liked how they played like every american stereotype ever in one of the fantasies lol
Sep 27, 2016 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
So is Sakamoto dead or not? XD
THe title itself or maybe mistaken as Haven't you heard? I was Sakamoto?
aLSO WHY is this anime marked as not yet aired? X(
Sep 27, 2016 12:17 AM

Sep 2015
okay now i want to know what really happen on manga

shoud i?
Into the Internet!
Sep 27, 2016 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
ListAandM said:
okay now i want to know what really happen on manga

shoud i?

They adapt the whole story like in the manga. Also the ending is the same. This ep. however is a new material.
Also can you added this anime already. I try but it said as not yet aired. X(
EDIT: Finally can add this/
removed-userSep 27, 2016 12:52 AM
Sep 27, 2016 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
It was great hearing the OP/ED themes again and seeing Sakamoto and all his ex-classmates!

Definitely made me miss this series!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 27, 2016 1:18 AM

Jan 2015
Aired: Sep 26, 2016

What's that about?
Sep 27, 2016 1:45 AM

Sep 2014
Worth of waiting after 2 months. How i miss Sakamoto's funny secret techniques. And i love how all their friends fantasying Sakamoto living in USA and Mars XD

Now i understand why the director wanted this to be in TV broadcast series so badly.

Gonna miss this show so much. If there's a movie, count me in

Oh Sakamoto.

Nice way of ending it.

_lynxy_Sep 27, 2016 1:48 AM
Sep 27, 2016 2:11 AM

Mar 2013
"Government of the people, by the people, for the people".
Sep 27, 2016 2:22 AM

Aug 2015
Episode felt like a combination of a Gintama special (self-referential) and Handa-kun (everyone fawning over Sakamoto, plus the first episode's "Handa fan Club making an anime based on Handa")

Yeah, I miss this show. It was nice revisiting it a bit, even if it was mostly just a recap/reimagining of the original series.
Sep 27, 2016 3:01 AM

Sep 2015
[quote=Garto message=47932415]Status: Not yet aired
Aired: Sep 26, 2016

What's that about?[/quote

something like this happen few day ago with rewrite already done when still 1 day away
Into the Internet!
Sep 27, 2016 3:29 AM

Dec 2012
Did they just go full Gintama in the first part ? There even was the voice actor that voices Gintoki. Damn I want to watch Gintama right now :D
Other than that it was okay episode, it felt good to see Sakamoto once more. 7/10
"To die without wishing for rebirth might be a priceless joy" - Ginko, Mushishi
Sep 27, 2016 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
Super funny!
Sakamoto in America Nasa(desu ga) was great, that one on Mars was a bit weird but still cool.
That ending was all about his class, he's off to conquer space!
Sep 27, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Aw, we didn't get to see Hayabusa in this special.
Sep 27, 2016 4:55 AM

Jun 2015
Honestly, the first 9 minutes felt cheap but they were still funny, the part in America was hilarious (the swearing part killed me XD) I wish the Mars part was finished though, that one seemed interesting... Anyways, hearing the OP and ED was pretty damn nostalgic for like just 3 or 4 months ago and it's sad to see Sakamoto-kun go but hey, I guess he'll make nice bucks in "MASA desu ga?" lmao
Sep 27, 2016 4:56 AM

Feb 2016
when one of the girls in the class brought the newspapaer , was that realy sakamoto in it ? Can we consider that part to be canon ?

anyway , the episode was bad , i didn't laugh at all , cause they kept on repeaiting the same jokes ( the door , the missing chair , etc )
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Sep 27, 2016 5:01 AM
Dec 2009
The way Sakamoto’s classmates imagine NASA and Mars really shows what a small world they live in, they can only imagine the same thing as their class ;) But it also shows how much they love Sakamoto too.

Of course the noses on the classmates when they were “americans” is offensive but that joke is used a lot in Japan so I’m not surprised. It’s really not funny though.

I was kind of hoping this OVA would address something regarding the theory of Sakamoto having an incurable disease but I guess that would be too depressing. Sakamoto saluting as he blasts off to Mars is a much more fitting ending to the show.
Sep 27, 2016 5:09 AM

Feb 2016
Lararin said:
The way Sakamoto’s classmates imagine NASA and Mars really shows what a small world they live in, they can only imagine the same thing as their class ;) But it also shows how much they love Sakamoto too.

Of course the noses on the classmates when they were “americans” is offensive but that joke is used a lot in Japan so I’m not surprised. It’s really not funny though.

I was kind of hoping this OVA would address something regarding the theory of Sakamoto having an incurable disease but I guess that would be too depressing. Sakamoto saluting as he blasts off to Mars is a much more fitting ending to the show.

They start imagining about him going to mars ,after the girl brought the newspapaer with sakamoto on one of the building in america (nyc to be exact ). It might be canon , since the newspaper was real .

Also the theory showed that his calssmates including the fat kid ( kubota ?) knew that he was dying , if that the case , then how come they are wondering where is he ? acchan said " so he truly went to america " .

hisokathebutcherSep 27, 2016 5:12 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Sep 27, 2016 5:10 AM

Jun 2015
This was... okay. For the most part, it was funny, but not the same funny that the other episodes had because those were actually real. Also the general plots and themes of those episodes were better while this one was just some quick gags.
I think this is decent as an OVA, but tbh I'm kinda glad this wasn't included in the original run because episode twelve was the perfect ending to the series, and this is just some bonus content.
Sep 27, 2016 5:16 AM

Sep 2014
Well. This aired sooner then expected, but what was the point?
The actual ending (Ep12) was better. And this was the most boring episode of them all.
PS: Why the weird noses in america? Is there some point behind this?

Was still nice to see sakamoto again.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 27, 2016 5:48 AM

Jan 2011
I actually thought it was gonna be all recap.

It was pretty fun, although I preferred the ambiguity of the proper ending more.
Sep 27, 2016 5:55 AM

Jan 2014
I wasn't the first person to notice this so I can't take credit here, but look at the New title... This shows that Sakamoto is probably dead.

This made me a bit sad but not as sad with what a waste of potential this episode turned out to be. I really could care less about everyone's different fantasies about what Sakamoto is doing. Instead, I was hoping to see him alive in a hospital and doing something himself to make a difference in other peoples lives like he used to. That would have been a more sincere way to end this fantastic Anime instead of these random snippets.
Sep 27, 2016 7:36 AM
Dec 2009
Comander-07 said:
PS: Why the weird noses in america? Is there some point behind this?

In Japan, having a "big nose" is considered stereotypically American... so by wearing fake noses they're supposed to look American. Yeah... ^^;;

ANA did it in a commercial fairly recently too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjxzpSrFP4
And you see it on Japanese comedy & variety shows from time to time.
Sep 27, 2016 7:41 AM
Dec 2009
Sabrael said:
I wasn't the first person to notice this so I can't take credit here, but look at the New title... This shows that Sakamoto is probably dead.

This made me a bit sad but not as sad with what a waste of potential this episode turned out to be. I really could care less about everyone's different fantasies about what Sakamoto is doing. Instead, I was hoping to see him alive in a hospital and doing something himself to make a difference in other peoples lives like he used to. That would have been a more sincere way to end this fantastic Anime instead of these random snippets.

Hmm, but just 坂本でした? could be translated as "It was Sakamoto?" or "That's all for Sakamoto?". The English translation there seems weird to me.
Sep 27, 2016 7:47 AM

May 2008
Sabrael said:

^ This. I was expecting the same thing tbh, not what I had just watched. Pretty disappointed that I waited so many months for this episode and was super excited until I watched it and it was nothing but fantasy's..

Sep 27, 2016 9:01 AM

Aug 2015
The special was pretty cool, hilarious as always. But we didn't see what happened to sakamoto it's just his schoolmlates fantasizing. I hope he's not dead or anything of that sort.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Sep 27, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2014
well an episode for the whole episode recap.... I still enjoyed the nostalgia feeling.... wasn't american version story the same as first episode...and what was with their noses Lol
ibraheem234Sep 27, 2016 9:41 AM
Sep 27, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
That fantasy about Sakamoto being in Mars tho xD
We didn't get to know if he's alive or not. :c
At least this especial brought me back some good memories from the start of this year and the spring season.
Sep 27, 2016 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
the joke about recaps was funny until half the episode became a recap episode LMFAO....

Their imaginations were pretty funny. When they kept referring to him as the "japanese boy" i was like no! lmfao stop! he has a name. The martian bit was pretty funny to. I hope Sera makes it big in hollywood- he just needs to stop telling jokes LMFAO....

It wasn't a bad idea to end it with Sakamoto blasting off into space, but I can't say I was especially moved by this episode. Still i'll miss that guy 😭
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Sep 27, 2016 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
It cracks me up everytime how Japan sees Westerners.
Sep 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
what the fuck is wrong with their noses man? lol
Sep 27, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2016
Haven't you heard? I'm Masa.
Sep 27, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2015
It was great to see Sakamoto one more time. The NASA scenes were just way too funny, lmao.

What a fancy Sakamoto ending.

Sep 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
Gintama reference omfg XD Loved it
Those movie previews XD
Lol mars
Good bye Sakamoto 😭😭😭😭
Sep 27, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2013
I actually liked this more than the rest of the series. It finally has the over-the-top exagerated comedy I expected when the series was announced, and even the recap of the beginning was funny.

Honestly, I didn't though I would like this that much.
Sep 27, 2016 3:52 PM
Dec 2010
What's with the "I was Sakamoto" ? It feels like it supports the dying theory even more :"(
Sep 27, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 2015
How a true "recap" type episode would really be done. Great episode though
Sep 27, 2016 5:20 PM

Aug 2015
Didn't find the first 10 minutes all that interesting. The ending feels a bit more complete now but I didn't really have a problem with how episode 12 ended.
Sep 27, 2016 8:06 PM
Oct 2009
I'm glad he didn't die like people though he had.
Sep 28, 2016 1:22 AM

May 2010
Okay. I am glad Sakamoto having some disease isn't referred to. I found the whole theory ridiculous and extremely unfitting for the tone of the show, forced drama.

Not a bad ep.
Sep 28, 2016 6:41 AM

Oct 2012
What is this?
Gintama?
Gintama movie preview??
Without Kugimi and SakaDai? xD

Engrish lol
So basically a recap, with a little bit US-ish eh? xD

Imswagamotoyouknow! xD
Rayl1ghtSep 28, 2016 6:59 AM
"Signature removed"
Sep 28, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Big titties, hot-dogs and Jewish noses

God bless America
Sep 28, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2008
It was ok for a non-canon filler special, the breaking of the 4th wall included. The only thing they could use to tie this with the main story would probably be Sakamoto in the newspaper feeding pigeons on top of a skyscraper in NY. Even with that, the theory of Sakamoto dying may still be possible if they just say he took a vacation while he was still healthy enough.
Sep 28, 2016 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
I'm actually glad that this was skipped from the original broadcast because, being a recap/reunion episode, it works a lot better when we're reliving things we saw months ago rather than weeks ago. Plus, that way we get to keep episode 12 as the emotional farewell and proper conclusion to the series and episode 13 as the epilogue. "Haven't you heard? I was Sakamoto" completely broke my heart but the ending put it back together. I think this is how he'd want to go, rather than lying in a hospital bed.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Sep 28, 2016 3:19 PM

Sep 2012
Only thing I laughed about was the aliens putting the monolith on the door.

5/10
Sep 29, 2016 3:42 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know what I was expecting from this but I didn't really fancy watching what was essentially the first episode on repeat for 4 or so times.

Considering there is nothing more to adapt, a recap is expected but it would have been so awesome for an original OVA with an actual plotline.

As for the reality of what happened to Sakamoto, i'm almost as confused as how I was after ep-12 simply because reality was twisted so many times during the episode. I guess the last scene wasn't pure imagination? The newspaper had to be real as well unless the class all imagined seeing Sakamoto as a result of missing him so much?
~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What chapters will be adapted in this OVA?

Oniifam_ - Jul 3, 2016

8 by Agra »»
Aug 31, 2016 12:03 AM

» Why is this a thing?

SevenSpeaks - Jul 3, 2016

11 by SomaHeir »»
Aug 5, 2016 7:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.