Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2009 3:55 PM

Jan 2009
What do you think of the ending of Elfen Lied?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 26, 2010 6:18 AM

May 2010
I liked the ending to the anime I think as I could believe that Nyuu was still alive ^^

The ending of the Manga made me sad but i still like it :)
If you're going to put up a show of torture...I'm sorry, but I'd rather leave the stage. – Furude Rika, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Aug 2, 2011 9:26 PM
Jul 2011
I liked the ending, one of the best endings I've seen in shorter (50 or less ep) anime.
Sep 7, 2011 6:17 PM

May 2010
kendil246 said:
I liked the ending, one of the best endings I've seen in shorter (50 or less ep) anime.

i have to agree with you on that one

Diassia said:
I liked the ending to the anime I think as I could believe that Nyuu was still alive ^^

The ending of the Manga made me sad but i still like it :)

and yeah i right there with you hell the manga ending had me in tears

My Membercards
Oct 15, 2011 8:20 AM
Oct 2010
I dont know what can I think about ending... I'm very sad that I dont know what was in the ending. What do you think? Lucy went to the Kouta or no? And what happend next?
Dec 25, 2011 8:45 AM
Dec 2011
i thought the ending seemed a bit thrown together. i don't know if this were the case or not, but it seemed like the show got cancelled early and the writers just wanted to hit some closure fast.

overall, though, i enjoyed how the show progressed far better than the manga. The battle and aftermath between Lucy, Mariko, Nana, Kurama and Kohta were executed perfectly in the anime. i think it could've just ended after Lucy and Kohta had their emotional talk at the end and left some ambiguity. is she staying? is she leaving? will she go on breeding? the whole thing with setting the table for an extra spot and the clock being fixed just seemed to convenient and cheesy.

The manga got a little too weird, although i'm not quite finished with it.... i'm on chapter 76 of 107.
"All this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am, I've fought armies, just to have this chance, but now, there's nothing I can say that's good enough." ~Lucy
"Regret is the domain of those who have earned the right to look back on the past. All I have is shame." ~Kurama
Jan 31, 2012 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
I really liked the ending, although, as stated before, it was sad. A second season would be nice, although I doubt it'll happen.
Lemme smang it girl.
Feb 21, 2012 8:50 AM
Feb 2012
Most viewers criticise or are dissatisfied with the open end of the anime series. Well, it is NOT open. Just think a little, here are the elements:
Lilium is Lucy's song / theme. Nyu repeatedly tries to repair the clock. Lucy loses a horn before meeting Kohta at the stone stairs, then the second in the final fight. The door bell rings. The music box stops playing Lilium. Kohta sees a female silhouette without horns. The clock that Nyu worked at starts for the first time since it broke.
Is it clearer now?
Apr 12, 2012 7:09 PM
Apr 2012
i feel like it could have been hinting to something to happen in the future but its extremely doubtful now :'(
Jun 21, 2012 12:33 PM
Jun 2012
I haven't read the manga so I can't speak for the manga ending. I didn't really like the anime ending. It doesn't tie up any loose ends about Lucy. I was really disappointed with it.
Olivia
Neruakitaforthewin.tumblr.com
Aug 9, 2012 4:26 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
Greetings. I just joined this club because I believe Elfen Lied is the most powerful, tragic, emotional, heartrending, heartwarming, exciting, loving anime I have ever seen. I can't even listen to the opening theme without tearing up. OK. Having said that I would like to comment on the ending, keeping in mind that I am referring to the anime, NOT the manga. Didn't read the manga and the anime needs to stand alone because it is different from the manga.

The real, final, happy ending to Elfen Lied! Based on several viewings.

A lot of confusion about the conclusion of Elfen Lied has been expressed in this forum. I will clear up the confusion. The basic point of this story is about the importance of Family, Compassion, Love and Forgiveness.

Yuka and Kouta are the Mother and Father of the group and Mayu, Nana, and Lucy/Nyu are the children. The children have never been in a loving family group before.

Lucy didn’t die! That was her silhouetted at the entrance returning to her new family. She was saved by Kouta’s forgiveness and love. She had returned after destroying all the people who wanted to hunt her and Nana down and kill them. This was the only thing she could do to save her new family who would never be safe otherwise.

What about Kouta and Lucy? Don’t they love each other? Yes, but as a Father loves his Daughter! There would always be the underlying issue of Lucy killing Kouta’s father and sister to make sexual love possible. Lucy knows this and is happy to be forgiven, accepted and loved as a family member.

Here are a few more observations and speculations.

Kouta and Yuka will get married. 1st cousins get married all the time. It is legal in the USA, Japan and most other countries, IT IS NOT INCEST.

The clock suddenly working symbolizes Lucy has fixed herself by merging the Nyu part of herself and is no longer a murdering mutant.

Lucys horns. They were what prevented her from blending into society and being accepted. When they were shot off it would allow her to appear normal.

There you have it, Happy Ending!!!! Feel free to comment yea or nay.
Aug 11, 2012 5:55 PM
Feb 2012
Hello, Jym!
Have you read my post...? (#7, the third above yours)
ManganiaqueApr 24, 2015 11:38 AM
Dec 8, 2012 11:12 PM

Oct 2012
It's incest, no matter if it's legal or not :L

I really enjoyed the ending, but I was disappointed in it!
I wanted a REAL happy ending... where Kouta and Lucy got together, maybe Yuka dying (I hated her. She just screwed everything up and got angry for no reason.), and MAYBE Mariko and Nana having a mini family with their 'Dad' (but then I think the ending would lack substance, so i'm happy with that, even though I was screaming as I watched it "NOOOO! WHY CAN'T YOU ALL BE FRIIEEENDDS!").

Yeah, that's just my take :L
Hi btw.
Feb 2, 2016 7:32 PM
Jan 2016
I found the ending to one of the most suspenseful and tear jerkingly emotional moments of my life. I loved it, yet I still yearn for more.
Mar 18, 2016 12:48 AM
Mar 2016
"I can never forgive you, but I will always love you."
- Kouta
(First translation I've read when watching the final conversation between Kouta and Lucy. I'm not sure what the most accurate translation is since I don't speak Japanese).

The ending is beautiful. The first time I saw it I was left slightly unsatisfied and wanting more.
However, having seen this show over 20 times over the past decade, it ages like fine wine.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Manga or anime?

xXx-Shadow-xXx - Dec 20, 2009

26 by literaturenerd »»
Sep 26, 2019 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.