Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 2016 2:12 AM

Apr 2014
So... recently i been watching Machine-Doll Wa Kizutsukanai and i got kinda confused about this anime becasue it seens that already start with some of the storyline ahead.
Like, it does not have a proper "beginning" of the story. It just randomly shows up the guy and the girl in the train. so.. idk if im missing something behind, i cant find to much information about this anime also either :/
c-can anyone help me about this?
Am i missing something?
Feb 29, 2016 2:18 AM
Feb 29, 2016 2:19 AM
Feb 2016
You're not missing anything. Things will be explained later on.
Feb 29, 2016 2:29 AM

Apr 2014

Nice, thans for the explanation :)

StrangeOtaku said:
You're not missing anything. Things will be explained later on.

gotcha, got into the second episode and they are explaining slowlly like u said, confirmed and thanks :)
Feb 29, 2016 2:46 AM

Nov 2009
PoisonExtreme said:
Am i missing something?

No, the main character is just doing the "I'm a mysterious badass" thing, and only tells his story in flashbacks.
Since he himself doesn't know some crucial facts of his backstory, even if he told it all, it wouldn't be very useful.
Sep 27, 2021 10:52 PM

Sep 2021
PoisonExtreme said:
So... recently i been watching Machine-Doll Wa Kizutsukanai and i got kinda confused about this anime becasue it seens that already start with some of the storyline ahead.
Like, it does not have a proper "beginning" of the story. It just randomly shows up the guy and the girl in the train. so.. idk if im missing something behind, i cant find to much information about this anime also either :/
c-can anyone help me about this?
Am i missing something?

Like people said, no, you're not missing anything at all. That connection can be connected later on in the series. The first part in the train will be told in volume 0 of the light novel but you can also watch a small part of it in the first OVA titled; “~And the Two of Them Head to School~”. It was taken from the epilogue of volume 0 only. It is when they were in London before boarding a train to Liverpool. The story of Volume 0 is when Raishin and Yaya was still on Japan before coming to England.

flannan said:
PoisonExtreme said:
Am i missing something?

No, the main character is just doing the "I'm a mysterious badass" thing, and only tells his story in flashbacks.
Since he himself doesn't know some crucial facts of his backstory, even if he told it all, it wouldn't be very useful.

I'm not sure if you're joking but that flashes of flashbacks are when he remembers what happened due to a trigger. The author intended it that way because his past is connected to what's happening in the current story and the mystery of his past will be zero.
Oct 14, 2021 1:25 PM

Nov 2009
Raishin-Akabane said:

flannan said:

I'm not sure if you're joking but that flashes of flashbacks are when he remembers what happened due to a trigger. The author intended it that way because his past is connected to what's happening in the current story and the mystery of his past will be zero.

I am serious, but I may be being too much Doylist without making it clear.
Yes, the author tells the flashbacks as they become relevant, and it's a good technique for exposition.
What I meant to highlight is that it makes the MC fit the "mysterious badass" archetype, and that from the MC's flashbacks we know - he doesn't know why his brother did what he did. Which seems to be a crucial piece of the puzzle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Season 2? ( 1 2 )

RApollos - Dec 11, 2013

64 by Gazz »»
Oct 20, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.