Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2015
Hi,

it's difficult to find and answer for this.
Could someone please tell me whether there's romance in this anime?

Thank you :)
Jan 31, 2016 8:23 PM

Feb 2014
I actually have never watched the anime, but I have read a good bit of the manga (more than what was covered in the anime) and basically there is no romance. The closest there is is that one of the characters (fuchuya) is the childhood friend of the female lead (asumi) and spends his life always looking after her which you can kind of give a romantic meaning too. I'm not sure how much of that is covered in the anime though. There are also two characters who you see part of their childhood together and it looked like it could have progressed into something special, if unfortunate circumstances didn't occur (this I'm quite sure is shown since it's in the show's OP). That's all I can recall. This is no romance anime.

Forum Set Created by uwuglo during the MAL Secret Santa 2020 event.
Feb 1, 2016 5:26 AM

Oct 2015
justinspatz said:
I actually have never watched the anime, but I have read a good bit of the manga (more than what was covered in the anime) and basically there is no romance. The closest there is is that one of the characters (fuchuya) is the childhood friend of the female lead (asumi) and spends his life always looking after her which you can kind of give a romantic meaning too. I'm not sure how much of that is covered in the anime though. There are also two characters who you see part of their childhood together and it looked like it could have progressed into something special, if unfortunate circumstances didn't occur (this I'm quite sure is shown since it's in the show's OP). That's all I can recall. This is no romance anime.

Thanks for your detailed answer! I didn't expect anyone to reply anymore after such a long time.
It's a pity, I'd have loved to see some relationships (not necessarily romantic ones).
Feb 1, 2016 9:11 AM

Feb 2014
Well, Twin Spica does have a lot of non-romantic relationships such as with the group of 5, Asumi and Lion-san and even Lion-san with other characters in the show. The best way to think of this show is like Space Brothers (if you're familiar with it) where the main focus is on the characters trying to accomplish their dreams and the people they meet along the way as well as the tragedy that happened 10 years ago and how it's affected different characters.

Forum Set Created by uwuglo during the MAL Secret Santa 2020 event.
Feb 1, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2015
justinspatz said:
Well, Twin Spica does have a lot of non-romantic relationships such as with the group of 5, Asumi and Lion-san and even Lion-san with other characters in the show. The best way to think of this show is like Space Brothers (if you're familiar with it) where the main focus is on the characters trying to accomplish their dreams and the people they meet along the way as well as the tragedy that happened 10 years ago and how it's affected different characters.

Thanks again, that doesn't sound uninteresting... I'll take a closer look then ;)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futatsu no Spica Episode 2 Discussion

Shocked - Jul 5, 2013

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 9, 2022 10:12 AM

Poll: » Futatsu no Spica Episode 20 Discussion

Shocked - Aug 7, 2013

9 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 15, 2022 6:23 PM

Poll: » Futatsu no Spica Episode 1 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jul 21, 2011

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 6, 2022 10:57 AM

» Futatsu no Spica Episode 17 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 14, 2016

2 by epidemia78 »»
Nov 22, 2021 3:21 AM

» Futatsu no Spica Episode 19 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 15, 2016

1 by Genoard »»
Feb 12, 2021 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.