Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Gil is shininggggggg

Ah, this episode was comedy gold but I liked how Gil's role was portrayed.
For some reason, I liked the imagery and OST used in this particular episode. The card gathering and the responsibility that Illya took is also quite something. That bitch slap....

Poor Miyu D:
Stark700Sep 18, 2015 11:59 AM
Sep 18, 2015 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
I was a bit skeptical regarding Ko-Gil's voice in the previous episode, but the seiyū's vocal range seems large enough to cope with

As a Gilgamesh fan, Ko-Gil is fanservice at its finest. Yuri kisses and loli shenanigans don't even come close to it in my opinion. ;D

On a side note, Silver Link should avoid the use of CGI; it looks rough.
VeryNicePersonSep 18, 2015 12:32 PM
Sep 18, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
Shit's about to get cray cray.
Sep 18, 2015 12:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
9001/10
Sep 18, 2015 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
Silver Link, pls

Loved the episode, especially the music and direction. SL is going all out on these episodes.
The intensity was there and the moment when Illya transforms was amazing.

That still frame preview though, SL playing it real close to the vest.
Atram151Sep 18, 2015 12:28 PM
Sep 18, 2015 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
"I have nothing in my body to be ashamed of"
Fabulous Gil-ko is fabulous XD

He got Bitch slapped tho lol

Really loved the OST during the Miyu revelation. It makes even more sense with what's going on in the manga in the latest chaps too so that's nice.

Double transformation Illya looked so awesome. Love the addition to the design. Makes her so beautiful <3

The cliffhanger nxt ep is gonna be glorious :D
Sep 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2007
Ko-Gil's VA is fantastic for the job he will have to do. Love the sense of sarcasm and royalty his voice has at all times no matter how angry or deep it gets. Very fitting.

So we got a big revelation about Miyu being from another world - something that I am sure nobody could have guessed. The thrill ride is in full motion now.

It was also nice callback to how Illya ran away against Berserker and how she feared her power. Of course it would work more nicely had anime not flubbed in displaying that she ran away from her fear of what she is capable of there, as it nicely connects to this moment where she embraces all of it for the sake of saving Miyu. Illya has been running away a lot - by fearing by power, by rejecting the part of herself that is Chloe, by calling Chloe a fake, by sidestepping inconsistencies in Miyu's behavior till now - but she can't run away anymore. Too much is at stake for her to run away, so the only choice fitting for her character is to leverage all that she has for something she believes in.

Some nice creative imagery in explanations too, which keeps them from being too dry(and slaps Ufo in the face with a sock for the talking faces treatment ufo used in ufoubw). Certainly shows that you can explain wtf is going on in so called "visual medium" and do inner monologue in said visual medium.

Also dat OST when Illya goes into
is downright epic.

Overall insanely strong episode.

Next episode the true epicness happens. Can't wait to see people's jaws drop to the floor.

9000/10

Atram151 said:
Silver Link, pls

Yeah 3rei is pretty much 99% surely confirmed by now.
Sep 18, 2015 12:29 PM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
Atram151 said:
Silver Link, pls

I cannot wait !
Sep 18, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
This episode was (once again) great. Illya looks fantastic in her Zwei form.
Sep 18, 2015 12:33 PM

Oct 2009
CookingPriest said:

I really hope so, I'm praying.
Sep 18, 2015 12:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Skullcrusher said:
CookingPriest said:

I really hope so, I'm praying.
There's no way they would tease with brief clips of 3rei like that if they weren't planning on adapting it
Sep 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Mar 2014
Rushed as fuck.
Sep 18, 2015 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
Paulo27 said:
Rushed as fuck.

Nice b8 m8
Sep 18, 2015 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
That double transformation Illya looked so awesome.
Sep 18, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Paulo27 said:
Rushed as fuck.

Nice b8 m8
k m8
Gotta admit the buildup to this was good, yep.
Sep 18, 2015 1:58 PM

Feb 2014
Illya is slapping everyone today.
Sep 18, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Now that I've caught up with the manga i can really appreciate all the added tidbits by Silver Link.
The "Castle" and the "Prisoner" in the flashback moments were pretty nice and bode well for a 3rei adaptation.
I hoped they'd found a way to pronounce the use of "True Nine Lives" though, as it's almost impossible to guess even with Gil's quote about replicas in mind, but oh well.

Looking forward to the finale.

Now that i think about it, was Kuro's teleportation ability ever explained? I can probably guess where it came from, but still.

VeryNicePerson said:
On a side note, Silver Link should avoid the use of CGI; it looks rough.

I agree.
astroprogsSep 18, 2015 2:07 PM
Sep 18, 2015 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I found this explanation pretty lame and the fight could also be better.
Didn't like Gil's attitude 'I'm gonna show you how badass I'm and then beat you - just because I can' either. And there is only one Seki Tomokazu (Edit: or was it him actually? nevermind, I don't like his voice tone anyway).

I mean, it's nice to finally get to know that Miyu is grail from alt.universe but the means behind starting HGW here felt like asspull.
Mich666Sep 18, 2015 2:22 PM
Sep 18, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
Hmm, I found this explanation pretty lame and the fight could also be better.

Yes I love opinions without argumentation too.

Didn't like Gil's attitude 'I'm gonna show you how badass I'm and then beat you - just because I can' either.

That's how Gilgamesh ALWAYS is though?
And there is only one Seki Tomokazu

Its good that Ko-Gil is not supposed to sound like GIl then, eh?

universe but the means behind starting HGW here felt like asspull.

How exactly?
There is a full grail.
And there are forces fighting over it.
Thus it is a grail war.
"Grail War" term does not define a ritual itself.

How is anything in that an "asspull" or are we just throwing around hip terms to look cool? We don't have enough data at this point in the story to know why or how the whole card thing started when she arrived.
AhenshihaelSep 18, 2015 2:35 PM
Sep 18, 2015 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
Another really good episode. Things definitely got serious there with Miyu getting grabbed and Illya going next tier in order to get her back and give her a slap.

Some good individual moments. Like Illya using the double include to get close enough to actually slap Gil, then her blasting apart that giant sword that was going to kill them all. Enjoyed the Bazett and Kuro charge even if it didn't actually work.

Of course the obvious bit about Miyu being from another world wasn't that shocking, but the fact that she was a complete holy grail at birth is the more surprising thing.

As to the CGI...I didn't have any complaints. If they can keep it at that level I say Silver Link can keep on using it.

Now to cross fingers and pray that the end of next week's episode will have that 3rei announcement.
Sep 18, 2015 2:41 PM

Nov 2014
damn that double stick powerup
Hi there
Sep 18, 2015 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
FlareKnight said:

Of course the obvious bit about Miyu being from another world wasn't that shocking,

Except that was not obvious unless you were spoiled on it.

There's absolutely no way to guess that.
Sep 18, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
YESS
THEY DID IT
THEY DID A.U.O CASTOFF XXXDDD

Silver Link is really going all out. Ko-Gil's VA did superb job (you can feel that confidence and royalty), explanations were interesting to listen to and watch (even though I already read 2wei 5 times), battle was great, OST was awesome. Do I need to add more...?

That minor change in Eins is coming back to bite them a little, but that's not too problematic. As for CGI, this time it looked somewhat rough and little bit chopped, but usually their CGI is fine. And also I would've liked if Gil announced True Nine Lives for the sake of epic like in manga, but "Replica cannot beat original" is sufficient.

Plus... I NEED THAT OST >.<

Next week finale!!!

Mich666 said:
Didn't like Gil's attitude 'I'm gonna show you how badass I'm and then beat you - just because I can'

But that's Gil right there. He was always acting like that, and most notable moments for that is when he showcases Ea against Shirou in both Fate and UBW.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 18, 2015 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
CookingPriest said:
FlareKnight said:

Of course the obvious bit about Miyu being from another world wasn't that shocking,

Except that was not obvious unless you were spoiled on it.

There's absolutely no way to guess that.

Actually I still haven't read the manga (Plan to after this season ends) and I guessed she was from an alternate reality based off her comments about Shirou and part in the opening where it showed who looked like Shirou chained up. I'm not sure if another world=alternate reality, but I DID guess alternate reality without any spoilers.

I have seen the other Fate anime and played a bit of the first visual novel so I was already aware of the whole multiverse thing and the concept of there being different realities. Anyway, this was a fantastic episode. Cant' wait to see how this all ends.
Sep 18, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2008
Am I the only one who finds shota Gil to be more annoying that the original one? That bitch slap was very satisfying but kind of a waist of a perfectly good sneak attack Illya should have just stabbed him in the eye. And at last we get to see Zwei form which looks amazing.
Sep 18, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
Irondragon said:
Am I the only one who finds shota Gil to be more annoying that the original one? That bitch slap was very satisfying but kind of a waist of a perfectly good sneak attack Illya should have just stabbed him in the eye. And at last we get to see Zwei form which looks amazing.
Yes you are. The Original Gil is awesome enough and Ko Gil is probably the next best Gil after the Fate Extra CCC one.
Sep 18, 2015 3:29 PM

Aug 2013
The battle scene was pretty engaging and it was very funny that Illya slap Gil. Surprised that Gil's voice match him. Next week's the final episode. Well It's been a fun ride and can't wait they finish Prisma 2wei manga. Hopefully they're working on season 4 and they announced it in the final episode like they did in the previous seasons.
Sep 18, 2015 3:36 PM

Jun 2011
Can we just have Gil as protag. . .please?
Sep 18, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
Very good episode. Yuujou power will get Illya the win.
Sep 18, 2015 3:58 PM
Jul 2014
... The CGI could really use some work.
Sep 18, 2015 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
Aurioch said:
Mich666 said:
Didn't like Gil's attitude 'I'm gonna show you how badass I'm and then beat you - just because I can'

But that's Gil right there. He was always acting like that, and most notable moments for that is when he showcases Ea against Shirou in both Fate and UBW.

The problem is he shouldn't be acting this way as a child. I don't care about Kaleid manga but in Ataraxia

Not to mention he was separated from his "bad" self at that time. This just felt like they forcefully mixed his older corrupted Gil's thinking in untainted child's mind.

I understand things may be working differently here but... well, it just felt weird to me.
(we can apply the same to Caren who only served to explain things in this series. she is pretty much afterthought here)

The last episode was great, that's a fact but I would actually do without all the fighting and have only slice-of-life comedy full of references, that when I'm enjoying this series the most. Because sometimes it just feels like they are trying way too hard to fit some things in.

Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Actually I still haven't read the manga (Plan to after this season ends) and I guessed she was from an alternate reality based off her comments about Shirou and part in the opening where it showed who looked like Shirou chained up. I'm not sure if another world=alternate reality, but I DID guess alternate reality without any spoilers.

Yeah, I haven't read the manga, and I guess that too. It wasn't actually hard to think it out as there were many hints along the way. In fact, I would say it was almost obvious.

The surprising thing here was her being the complete grail, that's something I would have never guessed.
But I'm still wondering myself what character from Fate universe she should resemble.
Mich666Sep 18, 2015 4:26 PM
Sep 18, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
On a rewatch i noticed this small difference from the previous episode's preview and this one.

Preview:

Episode:

This is really interesting because Gil's shield in the preview is actually closer to the manga:

While the new one is more of a nice nod to 3rei (vague and not really all that spoiler-ish, but still. Open at your own risk):

I really like how the directors of this show is doing things.
Sep 18, 2015 4:40 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
Aurioch said:

The problem is he shouldn't be acting this way as a child. I don't care about Kaleid manga but in Ataraxia

Not to mention he was separated from his "bad" self at that time. This just felt like they forcefully mixed his older corrupted Gil's thinking in untainted child's mind.

I understand things may be working differently here but... well, it just felt weird to me.
(we can apply the same to Caren who only served to explain things in this series. she is pretty much afterthought here)

Except that there's no "tainted or corrupted" gil. Way to misinterpret things.

The last episode was great, that's a fact but I would actually do without all the fighting and have only slice-of-life comedy full of references, that when I'm enjoying this series the most. Because sometimes it just feels like they are trying way too hard to fit some things in.

You might as well drop it and go watch Carnival Phantasm because your bitching level will only increase from now on.

Prillya was never about "sol comedy full of references" and will never be especially now.
Sep 18, 2015 5:29 PM
Jan 2014
For people who've read the manga is this shouta character going to be recurring (and how often if so)
Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
FirionHope said:
For people who've read the manga is this shouta character going to be recurring (and how often if so)
Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM

Aug 2010
FirionHope said:

Sep 18, 2015 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
CookingPriest said:
Prillya was never about "sol comedy full of references" and will never be especially now.

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this. Not counting all ovas and specials.
But well, I plan to complete Tsukihime and watch Carnival Phantasm anyway.
Sep 18, 2015 6:12 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
CookingPriest said:

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this.

I guess FSN is romcom harem comedy about cooking then.
Sep 18, 2015 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
why is this only 10 eps, while other shits get more episodes.
I watched the Saber fight about 2 years ago and was disappointed and dropped it, then watched the Bazett fight and got hooked, watched all episodes, then read the 3rei manga... the fights ends up getting better why 10 eps only.

Cloe said fake nine lives last season but Gilgamesh did'nt say True Nine Lives, now I need to explain that scene to others. My only real complaint so far.
I missed that Berserker part, I only started the manga at the Golden boy chapter. What exactly are the changes? Illya fled after defeating Assasin in the anime.

Still image for pv, I'm worried that they encountered problems with next ep so they only have a pic.
ernstSep 19, 2015 4:03 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 18, 2015 6:49 PM

Jul 2014
when you thought the fanservice is over and then Gil presents you the final ultimate fanservice xD that Ko-Gil is over 9000 xDD

"There's no shameful place on my body" ROFL
Sep 18, 2015 6:52 PM

Mar 2015
Shota and loli fanservice , Silver Link is truly convering all of their bases
Sep 18, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Even Kid Gil is above walking on the ground :P

have to say favorite part this episode was the jamming OST
Sep 18, 2015 8:06 PM

May 2014
Manly tears were shed, I cried the whole time. You go Illya, go slap a bitch.

Even better than the manga, just because they're using the inevitability of 3rei to set everything up perfectly. Also the OST is pumping.

Monsters arms were eww, but either it got better by the end or I just got used to it. Shame they didn't say why Caren was in intense pain, but the "I'm a canary" line hinted pretty well.

Ko-Gil the best, all other Gil a shit.
Sep 18, 2015 8:39 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Dual Stick Transformation > Transformed Illya + Miyu attack together?

I love Illya's Potara Fusion transformation, it could solve many previous problems actually.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 18, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
F_Bernkastel said:

yeah, just wait for the next season, he's on the team

Sep 18, 2015 10:54 PM

May 2013
So, Miyu is Jesus 2.0? O_o;

BTW, Silver Link outsourced one episode of Non non biyori to David Productions, I wonder if they will for 3rei?
Sep 18, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2012
F_Bernkastel said:

You will in Drei. not for long though. But he did his part well

RayAdha said:
Dual Stick Transformation > Transformed Illya + Miyu attack together?

I love Illya's Potara Fusion transformation, it could solve many previous problems actually.

Maybe it's more like multiplication, or even exponential. The effect is similar to the 'Blooming' in Yuuki Yuuna wa Yusha de aru. I won't give much spoiler but it is similar to that. I guess this is considered a spoiler enough.
よろしく!
Sep 19, 2015 2:01 AM
Sep 2014
shadow_black said:
Maybe it's more like multiplication, or even exponential. The effect is similar to the 'Blooming' in Yuuki Yuuna wa Yusha de aru. I won't give much spoiler but it is similar to that. I guess this is considered a spoiler enough.

I think one thing we can mention though, is that fans of F/SN will recognise what she's doing from her line in the preview, because a certain someone has (unintentionally) done something similar.
Sep 19, 2015 2:20 AM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
Mich666 said:

Except that first 6 episodes (more than half) of this season was pretty much this.

I guess FSN is romcom harem comedy about cooking then.

I KNEW IT!
Sep 19, 2015 2:44 AM

Feb 2015
Illya didn't even dodge that big shit sword. she made that sword flying...
I never seen illya that angry before. SCARY!!! and her voice in the PV.
Damn!! She really mad angry....

So it means , she was the grail. the other grail, or the grail from the pararel world. Not suprised after hearing that.

This episode really crazy especiall for illya. Can't wait to see the final episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

194 by Lucifrost »»
Sep 1, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

103 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

86 by ChrisDC »»
Jul 16, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.