Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you believe that if there weren't humans then there'd be no universe?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 18, 2008 6:29 AM

Sep 2007
I find when you do question things like this and think about the answers as it gives you an open mind about other aspects of life which is sometimes quite enriching.
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Jan 18, 2008 6:42 AM

Jul 2007
yeah, thats a nice way of putting it :)

Jan 18, 2008 7:08 AM

Dec 2007
there was a story to day in the paper(I will find it at some point and post it), but the scientist basically used the matrix principles etc theorize if we were merely a game like the sims etc what we deem as the Big Bang was merely a boot up sequence of a computer. Anyway thinking about that is cool but the question remains; What is that which exists after the computer is off? if our reality id just a programed sequence what are we when we are off, the system must exist somewhere else and then that has to exist in somewhere else. also we may not be active etc but what is the void? is it nothingness? it still exists or we would know not what the void is so how can it be nothing? yet it is nothing compared to our understanding of what is now.
Jan 18, 2008 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
Jan 18, 2008 12:18 PM

Jul 2007
hmm i like that theory. could they not also say that jesus was a character from the past. like one of the machines in the matrix that looks like a human, but is there just to contoll us. that would be quite funny.
Jan 18, 2008 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
I find the theory very dull and there is no depth to it.

How can Jesus control you exactly?

The problem with this is free will. If there is a 'geek God' etc then he 'supposedly' controls us. Yet consider this, if he programed us with free will, he no longer controls us, therefor, we 'are' our own actions.

This is just another way for humans to blame God for their failing. A man will say:

"I killed a man because God told me to"

This is ridiculous as an idea. It basically means you are not taking responsibility for your actions, since we know what responsibility is, how to take it, it is obviously within ourselves to know that unless you 'choose' to have no freewill (which is a choice of freewill in itself) you are in control of all you do. It is why we know, this is wrong.

Also it makes absolutely no consideration for compassion and love and this is basically what Jesus stood for. So now we get onto religion. Re-incarnation etc Jesus, Buddha, Mohamed, Krishna, are these merely the same person 'soul' or 'program' revisited time and again?

In modern society the new religion is computers, so our understanding of this principle is through this medium. Similar to Ghost In the shell etc, we are Ghosts we can change bodies move through the infinite but we remain ourselves regardless of our change in situation from cyber body to body, Like the Major her body changes from time to time, yet she remains herself.

This is modern way of saying, re-incarnation. The understanding of the 'soul'
Jan 19, 2008 12:09 AM

Jul 2007
well, a hell of alot of people believe in jesus or some sort of god. like 99% of laws are based on some sort of religion, people will do anything to "go to heaven" or whatever. i thought it would be an interesting idea if jesus was to be just a machine the top.

how does this not controll us?

dont get me rong, i dont believe in jesus thats for sure. i think people believe in "god" mostly because there afraid to die.
Jan 19, 2008 3:07 AM

Sep 2007
Personally i think god and heaven or whatever you want to call it is a creation of human population after humanity was striving to create a sense of faith.

But as to reply to you're early comment of how can jesus control you- if this were a computer program then somewhere there would be a parameter that would put basic rules into effect and set lifeforms in motion accordingly, but i find this theory to be very far fetched.

Jan 19, 2008 4:18 AM

Dec 2007
Well, basically If your not religious, then your belief in heaven, God etc is not really going to be changed.

But lets consider for example our world of MAL. GOD is Xinil, because he created it, then we have 'Jesus' or Kanashime a profile he created and is used to control the masses. Now if you disobey the law of MAL you get banned, so this could be consider hell and heaven MAL.

Now the problem is, that except for peoples beliefs in 'Jesus' your free will is the thing that dictates whether or not you follow rules.

If you don't follow the rules nothing will happen to you.But say you hurt or are hurt by someon who then has a brother, the brothe will be overcome with rage since he loves him and if stronger will exact vengence or 'LAW' his law upon you.

So now we have the police because they create a law and then as the strength of the force (or people), It becomes stronger so does the law. Now, a group of people do not want to follow this law because it is unjust(in there eyes), so they decide to rebel, In doing so they overthrow the police(or current law) and create a new one. The basis of 'LAW' as you say Jesus laid down was on of love, so it is right that most people want to gravitate to a situation that is like this, however there are people who do not love and they create there own law.

Now in MAL it is simple obey law or get banned. Xinil is 'LAW' No Grey areas. you cant destroy Xinils profile or any of his mods therefor a rebellion is useless.

So again apart from YOUR freewill, your ability to choose make decisions good or bad based on your personal belief(if you belive in good or Jesus or Buddha or even the devil). How does Jesus(or any of them) control you or you action unless you choose to follow there way?

You can create your own law, your own beliefs, your own rules. So again HOW does Jesus control YOU.

Read the section "THE SEARCH FOR A HIGHER POWER" hopefully this will clarify what I mean.
Jan 19, 2008 8:06 AM

Sep 2007
over 10% of the human genome is unmapped, some believe it to be the blueprints for the soul...
If humans are born from god then it is possible that a parameter has been built into our minds is controllable by a "jesus" or higher being, the other 90% is basic free will.
With this free will people can determine their own actions and act as they desire however if such a parameter exists then that is what controls people or at least influences thoughts. It is possible that a portion of the human brain contains an entity, i.e the soul that influences human behavior and this soul may have been the design of a higher existence.

Jan 19, 2008 12:39 PM

Dec 2007
Kamaitachi said:
over 10% of the human genome is unmapped,

WRONG.

COMPLETED 2003

Yes I agree that the blue print could dictate your action etc, it is why we look the way we do. So the idea of a perfect being is not a new one. This 'Blueprint' could explain why some are good at sport etc, however Illness and injury effect the out come, this is not under control, this is external. Watch Gattaca if you have not seen it, it tells the story of such a scenario.
Jan 22, 2008 7:41 AM

Sep 2007
Right, but as for external effects they could also be effected by a function somewhat like destiny, that has been pre-programmed to cause that effect.

Jan 23, 2008 3:40 AM

Dec 2007
Kamaitachi said:
Right, but as for external effects they could also be effected by a function somewhat like destiny, that has been pre-programmed to cause that effect.

like throwing a ball?

yes in this way I suppose it could be. Howver not every ball you thrown has the direct path you choose, random things happen, a story that springs to mind was when a bird flew just as a pitcher at a babseball game trhew his ball(around 60mph) it his the bird killing it instantly. Your theory is interseting because by your standards both were pre determinded events by the dictation of the D'n'A the bird was meant programed to fly and the pitcher was programed to throw the ball etc.
Jan 23, 2008 2:11 PM

Sep 2007
It's possible after all. That would also suggest a link between these dictations. I guess if you want to find out the truth about things you really shouldn't rule anything out. It could be possible that only certain aspects of this theory are correct and maybe little parts of some of the wildest ideas could make the truth. At the end of the day you cant really figure it out, but i like to think about these things. Its refreshing if also a bit confusing.

Jan 23, 2008 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
Obviously there are no absolute answers in this world, and as you said earlier it is a way of refreshing the look at things to gain more perspective and gain new insights. I think this principle is that, as you said wild ideas, that keep an open mind about all possibilities is the key.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» CrAzY Dr3amz~

NATASENO - Jan 7, 2008

26 by FishyMatter »»
Nov 7, 2010 1:59 AM

» You know you've watched too much Anime when....

Yoshi-Moto - Jan 18, 2008

5 by FishyMatter »»
Nov 7, 2010 1:53 AM

Poll: » What would you do?

jade-the-raptor - Dec 25, 2007

28 by FishyMatter »»
Nov 7, 2010 1:51 AM

» i got kinda freak out the other night...

jade-the-raptor - Mar 19, 2008

0 by jade-the-raptor »»
Mar 19, 2008 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.