Forum Settings
Forums

Is it just me or do people who support fansubs seem narrowminded and ignorant?

New
May 8, 2009 1:15 PM

Oct 2008
I'm not the type of guy to come off as offensive right off the bat, but I can't help but feel that those who fully support fansubbing and illegal downloading never look at the big picture of ANY situation regarding the anime industry. I'm not saying that these people are neccesarily otaku, but everytime I see people like those who think that's what anime is all about tendto have some of these traits:

- Directly argue against the person that made a topic instead of directly respondig to the topic.
-This is especially the case with threads and forums.
- Treat solutions and answers to problems as choice A or B instead of theorizing as to what possibilities there are. In other words, end up too quick to judge.
- Dont think outside of the box in terms of researching like going to multiple sites and observing patterns.
- Ex.: when Toonami was cancelled, instead of noticing the patterns and observations that had anything to do with Toonami, people will AUTOMATICALLY conclude that Cartoonnetwork is conspiring to cancel anime.

Again this is particulalry regarding people who talk about anything to do with anime. I just wanted to know if any of you agree with this.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 23, 2009 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
I fully agree with this statement!
with great power comes greater acts of ass kickery
May 23, 2009 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Gallentforce7 said:
I fully agree with this statement!

Awesome to finally hear from you Joey. How do you agree so?
May 28, 2009 4:16 PM

Sep 2007
Interesting. Is there any way you can expand on the Cartoon Network comment?
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

May 28, 2009 6:33 PM

Oct 2008
doctor said:
Interesting. Is there any way you can expand on the Cartoon Network comment?

Well let's see........ when I refer to the Cartoon Network comment, I refer to how fans or rather former fans of Cartoon Network treat the broadcasting network as if it's evil now. I mean even I believe that Cartoon Network hasn't neccesarily changed for the better with the lack of various cartoons, and the fact that there seem to be one too many shows and live-action movies that attempt to to attract a broad audience. It feels like G4 tv all over again.

Now I cannot argue so much towards the lack of good original cartoon content because I don't have enough information to understand it. I will explain about anime on Cartoon Network. Ever since Toonami ended on Cartoon Network, one too many people have be concluding that Cartoon Network hates anime. This is where I feel the whole "treating anime as sacred" nonsense has to drop dead because one thing that anime fans have to understand is that if Cartoon Network hates anime, then they wouldn't have kept a programming block consisting of mostly anime for the past 11 years. Not to mention they still wouldn't be airing Pokemon, which is too much of a phenominon to cancel on tv.

Because I kept that in mind, I tried to figure out what was the more appropriate reason considering that as a network, it's part of business to keep whatever programs make good ratings or good sales behind those ratings. I don't think anyone who believes Cartoon Network is evil has kept that fact in the back of their heads yet. So of course in terms of anime, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim had to ditch shows partly because of the lack of ratings, but also because of lack of ratings. I mean there's no way that Youtube and Veoh having lots of illegal streaming anime since 2007 and Geneon leaving the American market had no connection with anime on Cartoon Network as far as I can tell.

...I think I expanded on the Cartoon Network comment too much.
May 29, 2009 11:03 AM

Sep 2007
It does matter if you have a wall of text, as long as you make your point clear. The very clear explanation for the lack of anime on Cartoon Network is obviously the ratings. Now this is based on the commercials I have seen on Adult Swim, but it seems that they don't care that much. The have flaunted how much anime has not been getting good ratings on their time slot. They have posted poor ratings before on television. Just last night they had a commercial about asking people to adopt an anime character from a canceled show due to poor ratings. Sure, I cracked a smile, but as seeing a character from Moribito in it, it thought it was in poor taste on their part. A tad too soon.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» rightstuf.com

alchemist2113 - Mar 19, 2013

1 by heartpunch »»
Nov 3, 2013 8:01 AM

» Goodbay Club

almozayaf - Oct 15, 2011

0 by almozayaf »»
Oct 15, 2011 12:07 PM

» Where to Legally Watch Anime Online

Thorn_Pilgrim - May 27, 2010

2 by Hypeathon »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:57 PM

» Leading the whole &quot;Save the Anime Industry&quot; by example idea

Hypeathon - May 8, 2009

1 by coolcat »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:49 PM

» i have few qution to all member of these club

almozayaf - Oct 2, 2009

5 by coolcat »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.