Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2014 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
The Rules. You will live by them.

1. No god-modding, meta-gaming, or power playing. By this I mean to say, you are not god so don't act like it. Use of OOC knowledge (that otherwise would not be known to your character) in RP is not allowed just so your character can get an edge over others. And lastly, you are not (under any circumstance) permitted to control any character other than your own without explicit permission from the character's creator. This includes auto-hitting. I will have none of that.

2. You are human. All of your characters will be human. This means that they are bound to the same physical limitations as you are, no exceptions. I don't want to see people skinny as sticks dual wielding broadswords and out-running speeding vehicles like it's nothing. I will personally kill anyone who even tries that.

3. No armoured vehicles. I will not budge on this matter. They are not simply scattered around for you to pick up and drive around. And if they were, did you really think people would pass it up in the streets just for you to snatch it up? And while we're talking about it, not everyone is going to have the latest sports car. Some of us are poor, you know?

4. On the matter of weapons I have this to say. If it is illegal (meaning if you cannot under any circumstance obtain a permit that would allow you to own AND use it) then you CANNOT have it as a listed weapon. This includes all military-grade weaponry. I don't care if you're ex-military. They aren't going to allow you to raid their weapon storage just because you used to work with them. That shit won't fly here.

5. Again, weapons. Right here and now I'm going to place a ban on swords. I will not allow them as weapons unless a viable reason can be provided explaining why your character has one in the first place, or how they're able to wield it in any way that is at all effective. If the reason you provide is flimsy (ex. your parents taught you since you were young so you could protect yourself) it will be rejected and the weapon denied you. Knives are fine, as are throwing knives (the latter only if you can tell me where you learned it). But no random ninja tools, please.

6. On the topic of resources now. It's the apocalypse. Factories are no longer producing goods which means all resources are finite. There is a limited amount of ammunition, food, water, medication, clothing, shelter, etc. And don't go wasting your bullets. Ammunition is not simply laying around in the street. Don't go saying that it is or I will hunt you.

7. Fighting is encouraged. In a post apocalyptic world where there are only so many resources to go around I don't expect (nor do I want) everyone to get along and be happy-go-lucky. At the same time, do try to be fair during fights should they occur. Refer back to rule number one. Don't godmod or auto hit, but if something is beyond your character's ability to avoid, suck it up, grow a pair, and take the hit. It won't kill you to lose once in a while. Have some thematic sense.

8. It's the zombie apocalypse. Realistically speaking, a lot of you should die. But you probably won't nor do I expect you to should you not wish to. But that's not the point. No one other than the character's creator is allowed to decide whether or not their character dies. You cannot say you killed them or that something else did without allowing time for them to react. At the same time if the circumstances you place your character in has a high risk of death (ex. inside the middle of a zombie horde) you're screwed unless you can tell me how you got out of there. If your reason is flawed it will be rejected and you will be pronounced dead. No exceptions. Don't be a hero. Be an intelligent person with common sense.

9. There is no limit to characters (shameless encouragement for lethal fights). Feel free to make as many as you wish. However you must keep up with all of them. If a character is inactive for a week you will be reminded about them. If the character remains inactive, I will forgo rule number 8 and kill them off. You have been warned.
This rule does not apply to any who have stated before hand that they will be absent for a defined period of time.

10. We're all mature here and sex is probably going to be brought up at some point. I'm allowing it (because I'm a pervert) but all I ask is that you keep the act contained within spoilers and that you warn people ahead of time either in the comments or as an OOC note in your posts. Some people don't want to read it.

11. On the topic of characters for our last rule, I implore you, please, do not create any Mary-sues/Gary-stus. If you don't know what those are, they are essentially perfect characters, beautiful, skilled in everything, loved by everyone and can do no wrong. I hate them, as should you. We're human. Humans screw up all the time and no one is good at everything.

That is all. Please enjoy your time here with us.
Your lovely GM, Rai. <3
Raion21Aug 9, 2014 6:11 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Redcloud Elementary School

Raion21 - Oct 2, 2014

15 by 61235 »»
Nov 14, 2014 9:43 PM

Sticky: » Starting Up: Your Survivors

Raion21 - Aug 7, 2014

15 by 61235 »»
Oct 26, 2014 8:26 PM

» Redcloud City - Hotel/Motel ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

JRak5724 - Aug 14, 2014

233 by 61235 »»
Oct 18, 2014 11:16 PM

» Redcloud High Rise Apartments ( 1 2 )

MoniStar - Sep 2, 2014

91 by diogora »»
Oct 6, 2014 6:35 AM

» Redcloud City - Park

JRak5724 - Aug 14, 2014

29 by Asrea »»
Sep 21, 2014 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.