Apr 2008
Discuss who's your favourite and why ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 8, 2009 3:55 PM
Apr 2008
Oboro Iga. Lavender Princess ftw!
Apr 8, 2009 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
I've been thinking about it and honestly can't decide... Everytime I go to one I get pulled in other directions. I love Oboro's adorableness (the flashback to when she first met Gennosuke was the best thing ever), Okoi's got an awesome ability and fun personality, Akeginu's got the blood, Hotarubi's got the snake and the "non-main-character" romance factor.... But... Kagerou's angst! I can't fight the angst! O_O XD
Apr 9, 2009 11:00 AM
Apr 2008
Notori said:
I've been thinking about it and honestly can't decide... Everytime I go to one I get pulled in other directions. I love Oboro's adorableness (the flashback to when she first met Gennosuke was the best thing ever), Okoi's got an awesome ability and fun personality, Akeginu's got the blood, Hotarubi's got the snake and the "non-main-character" romance factor.... But... Kagerou's angst! I can't fight the angst! O_O XD

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS!

It's true, Oboro's absolutely adorable, but there's so much more to her than that. She's an incredibly strong character, most people overlook this because she's not physically strong and is quite passive personality-wise. When you think about it, think of all she had to go through, losing all her family, the fear of Gennosuke being killed, and Tenzen nearly raping her, she's been through a lot. Stuff that the average person would need years of therapy for, and yet she doesn't suffer an emotional breakdown till episode 23 when she kills Tenzen. Lasting that long shows just how strong she is, not in combat but in emotional strength. Yes, she cried a lot throughout the series, but can you really blame her? She had every right to cry and it's a wonder she didn't do what she did in the last episode before that.

Also, the fact that she still hesitates to kill Tenzen and Kagerou, a man who has abused her and tried to kill her lover, and the woman who's attempted to kill her numerous times, more intent at getting Gennosuke in spite of her rather than because of love. How kind and selfless could you be to actually hesitate to kill these people? After all they've done to her. I really respect her for that, and even whilst killing Tenzen's demon she felt pity for him since he was going through so much pain. She asks a good question then, "Why?" Why did everyone have to kill each other? Why do wars exist? Oboro's the creator's way of showing how much war can dominate lives and hurt people. He spoke through Oboro to object to the war. There's when she discovers Okoi's mutilated corpse she cries again, not because of the horrible sight but because of what Okoi went through. Crying for the enemy? That's about as loving as you can get, right? Though she's not all "kind and loving", she did snap, she killed Kagerou to get her away from Gennosuke, she ignored members of her own family at times where Gennosuke was concerned, some see this as a flaw, but I see this as more depth into her imperfection and making her seem more realistic as a character.

She's not all about the kindness either. She does have some comedic moments and a "fun" personality when she has the chance to be happy, and despite all the trauma she went through, I saw her as the ray of light on a depressing show about petty grudges and slaughter etc.. Not only did she captivate my full attention from her first appearence in the last minute of episode one, when she appeared on screen, she had my full attention at all times, even if it was just a cameo.

In the last episode, some people say that she took the easy way out, but I admire her for that, it makes her even more humane. It's not actually the easy way out as some see it, but her sacrificing her life to save hundreds of lives into the future. She died with a brave smile on her face and I bawled like a baby during that scene. When Gennosuke heard what she said in his memory I cried even more, truly a beautiful and deep thing to say. Oboro's death, as painful for me as it was to endure, was extremely touching and the best exit for such a character. I'll never forget her and she will never move down a place in my fav list - ever.

LMAO. Long rant, I guess I'm just obsessed with her. xD
VictiniApr 10, 2009 4:58 PM
Jul 29, 2009 2:35 PM
Jun 2009
Fair enough that Oboro cares for her enemies. I always admired Akeginu for caring about the bunch of murderers and rapists that make up team Iga, but it's not so hard for her since they're nakama. If Oboro does put Gennosuke over her clan, it just makes the point that nobody can save everyone; though Oboro does care for everyone, even if she did treat Jigoro harshly. Her interaction with Gennosuke was very endearing; I guess I still prefer Akeginu because of her more conflicted and cynical personality that still manages to dedicate her life to others.
Sep 12, 2009 1:13 AM

Jun 2009
I prefer Kagerou... came buckets, when seeing her all tied up in the palankeen :3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Who's Ability Would You Like To Have?

Notori - Apr 7, 2009

0 by Notori »»
Apr 7, 2009 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.