Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2013 10:00 PM

Dec 2013
Long post, so be prepared. Alright, so after looking through some older anime titles, I stumbled across this particular series out of all the other Tenchi Muyo series and this one has caught my eye. I actually decided I would watch this one, or try it at least, but then I realized this is just a spin-off of the "main" Tenchi Muyo series, and this made me wonder...

1) Should I watch the rest of the TM series? I admit that I was put off from the original series due to how "old" it is. I guess I could be considered spoiled with greater animation production from 2008 (my personal cut-off year) til now. Anything from 2007 and earlier doesn't really do it for me cause like I just said, I really, REALLY like and care about the artwork.

2) Is it necessary to watch the entire TM series to understand this one? I know this is a spin-off, but I have no idea about the TM series in general. I suppose watching the earlier series would be best to truly grasp the storyline.

3) From question 2... If I do watch the entire series, um, how would I proceed to watch them? I just looked it up on ANN and I know it starts with a 6 ep OVA, but past that I just see a huge list of stuff related to that. In what order should I watch them? Release dates? A list of which ones to watch in order would be really helpful.

4) How great is the harem aspect of the entire TM series? I am a fan of harems myself, so I obviously have heard that the TM series seem to be the "original" harem anime if I am not mistaken. Since it's over 20 years old, I am not surprised if it is so, but is it any good is what I would like to know. Aside from the action and everything else, is it worthwhile to watch for the harem?

5) Overall, is the entire TM series worth investment of time? If only the harem is good, but nothing else, I would not like just that. I will most likely watch this particular series (Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari) because it seems really interesting, but aside from that, I don't want to watch the rest of the TM series if it proves not to be good or simply not worth it. I have a whole slew of anime I have yet to watch, some a few years old and many new ones from this winter. I know I am asking of a lot from my post, but any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
kamisakaDec 18, 2013 10:03 PM
Dec 20, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2013
1. All 3 Tenchi muyo ryo-ohki seasons are good, movies are decent,Tenchi Muyo! GXP was ok but not as good as Ryo-ohki. Haven't watched the rest but they're mostly spin offs anyway.

2. No this series has almost no connection other than the main character been Tenchi's bother, they're a few references here are there but nothing thats needed to understand whats going on.

3.Tenchi muyo ryo-ohki>Tenchi Muyo! GXP>Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.

4.Yes theres Harems in all 3 series worth watching yes, Tenchi in particular is a pretty good haram lead probably one of the best, Seina from is a idiot and Kenshi is a loveable idiot bur a badarse at the same time.

5. It's well worth the time Tenchi muyo ryo-ohki and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari are both excellent, Tenchi Muyo! GXP is ok but skipable

More topics from this board

Poll: » tenchi muyo! war on geminar 2rd season ( 1 2 )

animeking2115 - Nov 14, 2015

62 by Lilitu_Vito »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 11 Discussion

Khalid - Apr 5, 2010

31 by Mattinator95 »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

Lvhina - May 6, 2009

36 by Lawgun »»
Mar 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scrypt - Jun 9, 2010

118 by Pecx »»
Sep 26, 2022 12:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Antanaru - May 26, 2010

24 by Seabury »»
Sep 11, 2022 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.