Forum Settings
Forums

Second Anime Film of Buddha Trilogy 'Buddha 2: Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Owarinaki Tabi' to Premiere on Feb 8, 2014

New
Aug 17, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
It has been announced that the second anime film of a planned trilogy to adapt Tezuka Osamu's famous manga "Buddha" about Buddha's life will premiere in theaters in Japan on February 8, 2014. The title of the film is "Buddha 2: Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Owarinaki Tabi" (Buddah 2: Tezuka Osamu's Buddha: The Unending Journey). Yoshioka Hidetaka and Mizuki Nana will repeat their roles as Siddhartha and Migaila. However, Tatta, now grown up, will be voiced by Matsuyama Kenichi in this film. Veteran actress Yoshinaga Sayuri will voice the role of Maya, mother of Buddha. The first film "Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Akai Sabaku yo! Utsukushiku" was released to theaters in May 2011.

PV for the first and second film (with English subtitles)
http://www.buddha-anime.com/movie.html

Official anime website: http://www.buddha-anime.com/

Source: Natalie

Buddha 2: Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Owarinaki Tabi on MAL
NaruleachNov 18, 2013 12:40 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 17, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2013
looks good, solid animation.. haven't read the manga but a story centered around buddha's life sure sounds interesting.
Aug 17, 2013 9:30 PM

May 2011
Interesting. I thought of watching the first installment some while ago. I'll get to it soon now.
Aug 17, 2013 9:39 PM

Jun 2012
Thank god.
Heh get it?
Aug 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Jul 2010
Manga been on the ptr forever, better get on that. This looks pretty rad.
Aug 17, 2013 11:26 PM
May 2012
The manga is quite old but it looks interesting.
Aug 18, 2013 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
Tengai said:

I'm actually interested more in the manga right now actually. However, I might also give this a shot, maybe.
Aug 18, 2013 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
I actually heard that the movie was pretty bad, but I'll watch it regardless. Hopefully it can prove to be entertaining either way.
Aug 18, 2013 1:55 AM

Feb 2010
Will definitely look forward to this! I hope one day there will be a legit "Journey to the West" anime too.

Shuhan said:
Thank god.
Heh get it?

Thank the gods**
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2008
Meh, the first movie was mediocre at best.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Aug 18, 2013 8:55 AM

Mar 2010
A amazing story in a different context of imagery, I will gladly take a look at this one.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 18, 2013 8:59 AM

Oct 2007
Tengai said:

As someone who bought the entire set from vertical I'll offer that the manga is fantastic and anyone should read it if they are looking for something mature that will make them think a little bit about life and the meaning of everything. It's one of the few times I'd consider using the label masterpiece for something.
Aug 18, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2013
Hmm.. I've learned about Buddha's life since elementary school. I've watched a lot of animations about Buddha from my teacher. Not gonna watch this again.
Aug 18, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
FlameWingman21 said:
Hmm.. I've learned about Buddha's life since elementary school. I've watched a lot of animations about Buddha from my teacher.
Do you remember how many animations about Buddha you have watched and where are they from? Since I cannot recall a lot of animations about Buddha so I am curious.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 18, 2013 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
I have had the manga in my PTR since forever. I will read it first before starting with the movies.
Aug 18, 2013 1:39 PM
May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Tengai said:

As someone who bought the entire set from vertical I'll offer that the manga is fantastic and anyone should read it if they are looking for something mature that will make them think a little bit about life and the meaning of everything. It's one of the few times I'd consider using the label masterpiece for something.

I really think it's good and I want to learn a little bit about life and the meaning of everything just like you said but I'm not very fond of reading manga If I were to read a manga it would be comedy but maybe I'll try it someday ;)
Aug 18, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 2007
Tengai said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Tengai said:

I really think it's good and I want to learn a little bit about life and the meaning of everything just like you said but I'm not very fond of reading manga If I were to read a manga it would be comedy but maybe I'll try it someday ;)

Don't read this then as while it has moments of comic relief it's also a challenging read that tackles a lot of philisophical ideas. It depicts the best of humanities graces but also the worst of its atrocities in a pretty epic tale spanning the era of foretelling the coming of the Buddha through to his death and how he effects the lives of those he comes across as well as the story of his own enlightenment.

One thing I also love is how Tezuka plays with the very nature of the manga format and the layout of framing and the pages themselves that also affect the tone and particular emotion of a segment. I really can't think of another manga author that has thought to do this sort of thing let alone as well but then thats why they call him the god of manga.
Aug 18, 2013 11:04 PM

May 2011
It's from Tezuka, so it's instantly worth it, yet everyone will prefer the likes of Fairy Tail over it (I'm talking about the manga). What a sad community.
Aug 19, 2013 12:53 AM

Aug 2013
SilverMorning said:
Interesting. I thought of watching the first installment some while ago. I'll get to it soon now.

me too!
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
Aug 19, 2013 6:43 AM

Nov 2008
been meaning to give the manga a try first
Aug 19, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2013
symbv said:
FlameWingman21 said:
Hmm.. I've learned about Buddha's life since elementary school. I've watched a lot of animations about Buddha from my teacher.
Do you remember how many animations about Buddha you have watched and where are they from? Since I cannot recall a lot of animations about Buddha so I am curious.

Sorry, I can't remember. Don't know where they're from but they speak Mandarin.
Aug 20, 2013 5:59 AM

Sep 2012
FlameWingman21 said:
symbv said:
Sorry, I can't remember. Don't know where they're from but they speak Mandarin.
It could be animation made in China or Taiwan then....

Oct 18, 2013 9:33 PM
Oct 2012
Ayumi Hamasaki will be doing the theme song for this movie. It is titled "Pray". Lyrics by Ayumi Hamasaki and composed by Kunio Tago.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

5 by luffysenchou »»
3 hours ago

» Yukihiro Shibutani, Art Director of 'Natsume Yuujinchou', Dies at 63

Vindstot - Oct 16

11 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by Haneken2086 »»
4 hours ago

» New 'High Card' Episode Announces Guest Cast

Vindstot - Yesterday

1 by Memore »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.