Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2013 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, this was over 2 hours.

The battles in the beginning were pretty intense I guess. I like the OST played over the 30 minute mark. Pretty decent. Some bits of drama here and there along with emotions:

I've actually finished watching Gundam AGE series recently so some of this stuff is still fresh in my head. But ya, a lot of decent battles imo. So this was actually better than I had thought. OST is quit well done.
Aug 5, 2013 1:32 PM

May 2010
It was better than I expected. Most of the additional scenes were really good, especially the improved final fight between Legilis and Dark Hound and Zeheart's flashbacks/visions. It was a good idea overall to make a retelling of 2nd and 3rd arc with Asemu and Zeheart remaining as main heroes till the end. Appearances of Kio and Flit were minimal, for the better of all. If they made 3rd arc of tv series similar to this ova, it would've been much more enjoyable.

I rated it 7 out of 10, which is one point higher than my score for the tv series.
Aug 8, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
Arcling said:
I rated it 7 out of 10, which is one point higher than my score for the tv series.

Yes it was good. The additional scenes are... well... original...
I guess Bandai also try to make extra cash by showing that Age-1 Swordia.
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849
Aug 8, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 2011
would like to say GOD DAMN thats a big improvement.
I enjoyed the changes and additional scenes. I like the change where Romary is Asemu childhood friend and I chuckled at Zeheart trying not to stand out but he got all the girls attention.

dem girls and DAT ROMARY

They made the 1st battle even better and OMFG dat Swordia... I want the HG so bad yo...
and god damn i was right about there will a improvement on the Dark Hound vs Legilus fight.
It sucks that Zeheart is being haunted by all those Vagen soldiers died for so many years.
It sucks that certain deaths still happen... Fuck you EzelCUNT.

Overall i enjoyed MoE more than the TV ver. I hope there would be a few more OVA that have changes and stuff that like that.

Arcling said:
If they made 3rd arc of tv series similar to this ova, it would've been much more enjoyable.

yeah definitely
I hope they get rid of the spy plot crap on Shanalua like in the novel.

greanseal said:
I guess Bandai also try to make extra cash by showing that Age-1 Swordia.

my wallet is gonna hate me lol
Brigs77Aug 9, 2013 9:19 AM
Aug 8, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2008
They savaged the trainwreck ending from the TV series quite well by ignoring all those EXA-DB grab. Solid 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2013 8:57 AM

Mar 2011
Really enjoyed this, thank you sunrise for giving us a remake of the best parts and also the parts which make AGE worth watching. Really happy to see some of the new scenes hopefully this kind of sad stories wont happen in this world of ours
Aug 11, 2013 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
Like 6/10 due to decent story combined together from the series and for Red Legilis with Full Gransa Gundam;3
Aug 11, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
Liked it a lot more than I expected, the way they portrayed Zeheart's descent into madness on part III was pretty good and the extended scenes through the whole movie added a good depth to Asemu's and Zeheart's friendship. Combine that with the extended fight that finally gave him a proper death scene and you've got pretty much the only thing you should watch from AGE. None of Flit, Kio or the whole EXA-DB bs. 7/10
Aug 31, 2013 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
I am a bit disappointed. It started out really good. 2nd Generation was handled very well, it didn't feel rushed or incomplete, I felt like anyone can go into it without having missed anything important from the show.

But I was unhappy that they suddenly SKIMMED into the 3rd Generation and Three Generations arcs. That's when it started to feel rushed and random! But having said that, even after the time skip, they still added some interesting scenes that made Zeheart going mad more plausible.

They could have made 2 additional movies where one covers the first arc and the other covers the 3rd and 4th with more new footage and fix the ending of the TV series while they were at it. Not that I had a problem with it, but it would be nice to not have to hear anymore complaints about it.

Dammit!
DarkSharinganZAug 31, 2013 2:20 PM
Aug 31, 2013 9:02 PM
May 2012
MadHi said:
I am a bit disappointed. It started out really good. 2nd Generation was handled very well, it didn't feel rushed or incomplete, I felt like anyone can go into it without having missed anything important from the show.

But I was unhappy that they suddenly SKIMMED into the 3rd Generation and Three Generations arcs. That's when it started to feel rushed and random! But having said that, even after the time skip, they still added some interesting scenes that made Zeheart going mad more plausible.

They could have made 2 additional movies where one covers the first arc and the other covers the 3rd and 4th with more new footage and fix the ending of the TV series while they were at it. Not that I had a problem with it, but it would be nice to not have to hear anymore complaints about it.

Dammit!

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm expecting to see the extended ending if this one to see what happened to the others but NOOOOO! They didn't! Are you kidding me?

They should've plan to make both Flit & Kio's arc as well in the first place rather than just Asem & Zeheart....
JafriZinAug 31, 2013 9:19 PM
Aug 31, 2013 11:23 PM

Oct 2010
JeffreyZin said:

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm expecting to see the extended ending if this one to see what happened to the others but NOOOOO! They didn't! Are you kidding me?

They should've plan to make both Flit & Kio's arc as well in the first place rather than just Asem & Zeheart....

The sucky part is that they even handled Romary's character really well. At first she was just the girl who was going to have Asemu's son but she actually had more relevance to the story in this movie. In fact, this movie at the beginning felt more like an alternate story more than a retelling.

As for why they didn't decide to make the other arcs into movies, there's only one reason I can think of, obnoxious a-hole Gundam fans who whined and bitched about this show and already decided it was bad BEFORE it was aired and only watched it just to moan about it. Why waste money on more new animation for what has become a fanbase full of a-holes?

But as I said, they should have ended it with Asemu's arc only and treated this as an alternative to the TV series 2nd arc and not skim into Kio's, maybe show us Asemu getting rescued by the pirates and explaining why he decided not to return home and then we can go into 3rd Gen. Much better that way.
DarkSharinganZSep 1, 2013 5:42 AM

More topics from this board

» TV & OVA Ver. Legilis vs Dark Hound Comparison Video

Brigs77 - Jul 27, 2013

1 by naschyamamoto »»
Oct 22, 2016 1:19 PM

» [Trailer] Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden

deg - May 20, 2013

3 by Stark700 »»
Jul 26, 2013 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.