Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2013 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
I got a complaint about our club not discussing Anime despite being on a website for Anime.

Sword Art Online. I dropped it after one episode, but I liked that one girl in the beginning. What is your opinion on this girl? I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

teddybeddybyeAug 10, 2013 8:02 PM
Whatever I just said right now was a complete lie.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 29, 2013 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Asuna...? Or whatever her name was.

At first, that show was really slow and boring, but then after diligently following it every week, it took some intense turn somewhere like 10 episodes in, and I got hooked.

I wasn't particularly attached to any of the characters, as I don't remember any of their names except for Asuna. I guess what I liked about her was that she was not the typical damsel-in-distress female heroine and could actually fend for herself. So she was good in my book.
Jun 29, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but okay.
Jun 30, 2013 12:41 AM

Mar 2012
That is okay.

I was talking about the SAO character you asked about. Unless I was talking about something else. But that is okay.
Jul 1, 2013 3:07 PM

May 2013
i have never been acquainted with SAO, ive heard its really good though.

Have either of you seen Mirai Nikki?
"Living things are restrained by Chains: The laws of nature, the flow of time, the vessel known as your “body”, and the existence called your mind. The one chain that people can wield: WORDS.”

Jul 1, 2013 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
Jul 1, 2013 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
Haven't seen Maria Nikki yet. Been wanting to watch it for awhile now.
Jul 2, 2013 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
Nope. I downloaded a whole batch of it but never got around to it.

Haha, I quite enjoy your pictures, Stygian_Crow. I'd say that anime was one of the funniest ones this season. Golden humor.
Jul 3, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
I thought it was quite enjoyable and it satisfied my comedic needs.
Jul 3, 2013 10:48 AM

May 2013
the.. the video.. o.o ten hours. oh sweet acorn goddess.

and i quite enjoy it. halfway through it at the moment.

i love the idea of future cell phone diaries..
"Living things are restrained by Chains: The laws of nature, the flow of time, the vessel known as your “body”, and the existence called your mind. The one chain that people can wield: WORDS.”

Jul 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2013
I really enjoyed Mirai Nikki, it is very good anime, though it had potential to be even better. The idea and start is good but somewhere halfway the series the atmosphere goes down. Luckily it got more "serious" in the few last episodes and had a pretty strong ending.
I've heard of SAO, propably gonna watch it somewhere in the future.

Any horror fans here? Another is great when you watch it in dark room, middle of the night (the anime name is "Another").
Jul 10, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2013
Raashitaya said:
I really enjoyed Mirai Nikki, it is very good anime, though it had potential to be even better. The idea and start is good but somewhere halfway the series the atmosphere goes down. Luckily it got more "serious" in the few last episodes and had a pretty strong ending.
I've heard of SAO, propably gonna watch it somewhere in the future.

Any horror fans here? Another is great when you watch it in dark room, middle of the night (the anime name is "Another").

ive heard of SAO as well, but as raashitaya said, ill probably put it off for a little while, and watch it in the future.
im a horror fan. ill check out Another if you check out Uzumaki.

Jul 10, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Ronatwat said:

ive heard of SAO as well, but as raashitaya said, ill probably put it off for a little while, and watch it in the future.

Uzumaki seems interesting, definitely gonna check that one out when I find some time for reading :).
Jul 10, 2013 5:20 PM

May 2013
Raashitaya said:
Ronatwat said:

Uzumaki seems interesting, definitely gonna check that one out when I find some time for reading :).

Oh, awesome! :) I read manga like everyday, thank gourd for mangareader and sites like that.
I'll let you know what I think of Another.

Jul 10, 2013 5:41 PM

Sep 2012
WHA DA $@&% IS THAT HUMAN BARREL THING HOLY &@#%

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Jul 10, 2013 6:11 PM

May 2013
hahaha, its a manga about a town completely obsessed with the spiral shape.
It's by ito junji, usually i dont get scared, but wow..
Ito knows his way around the horrific block.

Jul 10, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
I looked it up.

2scary4me.
Jul 11, 2013 12:30 AM

Mar 2012
I love Uzumaki. It's so twisted. God. Japanese people, who are you. Did you watch the live action movie? I laughed too hard.

I can't get scared from horror things anymore D; I've been desensitized.

I didn't really think Another was that scary? It was just kind of eerie. I enjoyed Jigoku Shoujo a lot, but that's not really scary either. Just...kind of eerie.
Jul 11, 2013 4:33 AM

Jun 2013
greensweaters said:

I didn't really think Another was that scary? It was just kind of eerie. I enjoyed Jigoku Shoujo a lot, but that's not really scary either. Just...kind of eerie.

I liked Another for the atmosphere and the mystery element at first. It is true that it is not that scary, you really cant get nightmares or pee your pants watching. I guess mangas work better for horror, since it involves more immersion and imagination.

I also started watching Jigoku Shoujo some time ago but put in on hold after few episodes when realizing the same pattern repeating every episode. It looks real nice though, I guess I'm gonna watch few episodes every now and then as "fillers".

I wonder if there are any animes that can scare the viewer real bad? Im pretty new to this field so cant say much, but I highly doubt there are many "truely horrific" series.

I highly appreciate ones with strong atmosphere and mystery. As I wrote before, mangas probably work better for scares.
YusbapJul 11, 2013 4:36 AM
Jul 11, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
hmm, either way, im gonna try out Another and Jigoku Shouju.
I like the mystery element in ito junjis manga which is why i like it so much, but im sure you can find the mystery/horror elements being used well in other placecs? ive just never found anything else that ive liked as much as Ito's work.

ps. I did watch the live action film. It was ridiculous. Put himself in the dryer, eh? xD

Jul 11, 2013 5:50 PM

Mar 2012
Raashitaya said:

I liked Another for the atmosphere and the mystery element at first. It is true that it is not that scary, you really cant get nightmares or pee your pants watching. I guess mangas work better for horror, since it involves more immersion and imagination.

I also started watching Jigoku Shoujo some time ago but put in on hold after few episodes when realizing the same pattern repeating every episode. It looks real nice though, I guess I'm gonna watch few episodes every now and then as "fillers".

I wonder if there are any animes that can scare the viewer real bad? Im pretty new to this field so cant say much, but I highly doubt there are many "truely horrific" series.

I highly appreciate ones with strong atmosphere and mystery. As I wrote before, mangas probably work better for scares.

Ah, yeah. Jigoku Shoujo is really repetitive but like around 5 episodes in, the "story" part of the series starts up. It's just really interesting. And I also agree, that I like these kinds of animes for their mysterious atmospheres.

Also, might just be me, but I've been horrified by the Shingeki no Kyojin anime...do I have a weak heart? Perhaps. I think situations in which humans are not ar the top of the food chain get to me. But I still quite enjoy that show.

Has anyone watched Sankarea? I never watched it, and was debating whether or not it's worth watching.
Jul 12, 2013 12:08 AM

May 2013
Sankarea? Ive read a bit of the manga and I think its rather amusing

Jul 12, 2013 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
Amusing how?
Jul 13, 2013 12:16 PM

May 2013
its about a kid with a fetish for zombies and then he meets his perfect girl and turns her into a zombie? i just think thats kind of funny. its pretty good though

Jul 13, 2013 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
I see. Interesting. Hmmm perhaps. Perhaps.
Jul 13, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2012
Okay, all of those got NOTHING on this:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction

Beethoven himself composed this masterpiece.
Jul 14, 2013 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
teddybeddybye said:
Okay, all of those got NOTHING on this:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Mars_of_Destruction

Beethoven himself composed this masterpiece.

why, oh why? :D
I just watched this since it is quite short (20 min), so it is not much time spent (wasted).
It was the greatest thing ever, awesome characters, gory action scenes and huge plot twist at the end.
..not really. Now I am just happy it wasn't any longer than 20 minutes.
Jul 14, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2013
i was thinking of watching it.
you dont recommend it, Raa?

Jul 14, 2013 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
WATCH IT.
Jul 14, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
For some reason, animes that showcase multicolored hair put me off so much. Though I still watch them.

A lot of people gave this anime a 1 or a 2. Some random 10s sprinkled in there.
Jul 14, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2013
The 10 ratings there are just for laughs I guess, and some of the MAL reviews are pretty misleading too compared to the average users score :D. But it was interesting.. in a way. If you have 20 minutes of time and feel like there is absolutely nothing better to do give it a try. After finishing this I was thinking all the things I could have done in that time.
Jul 16, 2013 11:34 AM

May 2013
haha i'll watch it teddy, just so i can see what the fuss is about.

i think multicolored hair is cool, but i agree with you, papa. :P

its a one shot? just twenty minutes? hmm..

Jul 16, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
Any good anime/manga with theme of ''social awkwardness'', or something like that?

I picked up the name of Watashiga motenai no wadou kangaetemo omaera ga warui from somewhere around this club and started watching the anime version. Only 2 episodes out at the moment, but it seems pretty nice so far.

I happened to watch Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai some time ago, and I really liked that one, the idea feels somehow kinda similiar to this club :).
Jul 16, 2013 8:51 PM

Sep 2012
Azumanga Daioh, My Little Monster, and any Harem anime in existence.
Jul 17, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2013
Raashitaya said:
Any good anime/manga with theme of ''social awkwardness'', or something like that?

I picked up the name of Watashiga motenai no wadou kangaetemo omaera ga warui from somewhere around this club and started watching the anime version. Only 2 episodes out at the moment, but it seems pretty nice so far.

I happened to watch Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai some time ago, and I really liked that one, the idea feels somehow kinda similiar to this club :).

read the manga of WataMote. Its not quite like the anime, but of course the anime is based off of it. It's rather good.

Jul 18, 2013 1:43 AM

Mar 2012
You can watch my fish. They are super socially awkward. It's like they can't handle each other properly and start to give chase but also run away from each other at the same time. I'm sure they want to be friends, but just can't find the proper way to do it. Weird stuff.

Socially awkward anime? Perhaps Yahari Seishun Ore...something bla blah Rom Com? The main guy is a socially awkward dweeb. Oh and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai...some social awkward settings in there.
Jul 18, 2013 4:00 AM

Jun 2013
kawaiipapa said:
You can watch my fish. They are super socially awkward. It's like they can't handle each other properly and start to give chase but also run away from each other at the same time. I'm sure they want to be friends, but just can't find the proper way to do it. Weird stuff.

Socially awkward anime? Perhaps Yahari Seishun Ore...something bla blah Rom Com? The main guy is a socially awkward dweeb. Oh and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai...some social awkward settings in there.

I remember Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru from before when I was randomly browsing around MAL, it seems nice. I didn't write down the name at the time and forgot about it, but now I find it again, so maybe I'll check it out after finishing next series in my list :).
Jul 18, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2012
My opinion on Asuna?. Well, she got introduced as a total badass then quickly became another generic tsundere

That about sums it up
Jul 18, 2013 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
One question: Who the heck is Asuna.
Jul 18, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2013
teddybeddybye said:
One question: Who the heck is Asuna.
SAO main female.
Jul 18, 2013 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
What is SAO.
Jul 18, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2013
Sword Art Online
anime about a video game about an anime?

Jul 18, 2013 3:50 PM

Jun 2012
teddybeddybye said:
What is SAO.

You so funny
Jul 18, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
SOA started off slow and became good. It had it peak at around 7-14 ep. After that it just became a romance. Asunas role of badass girl turned into a damsel in distress wich i found kinda sad.
Jul 18, 2013 7:47 PM

Mar 2012
Hey. Remember this guy?

Jul 18, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2013
bwahahaha, my reaction to that image.

Jul 18, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
I think I'll just play Guild Wars instead.
Jul 19, 2013 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
And here is my reply to your reply:

Jul 19, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2013
teddybeddybye said:
I think I'll just play Guild Wars instead.

WHICH GUILD WARS?! i have guild wars 2. play with mee. o.o garr

and my reaction to your reaction!!

Jul 19, 2013 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
I HAVE GUILD WARS 2 OMG

TWINSIEEEEES
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who are you, who who, who who! ( 1 2 )

Sany66 - Jul 28, 2013

78 by Sany66 »»
Jan 16, 2016 5:29 PM

» Okay here's a game, you worthless scums: Let's play the "Corrupted" game.

Tongue - Sep 30, 2013

16 by Tongue »»
Oct 31, 2014 3:35 AM

» Socially Awkward Confessions ( 1 2 )

teddybeddybye - Jul 11, 2013

98 by heartofsouls11 »»
Sep 21, 2014 7:36 PM

» Vids and Gams

teddybeddybye - Jan 16, 2014

23 by ZoneHunter »»
Mar 28, 2014 6:58 PM

» the goddamn dinner table.

Tongue - Dec 17, 2013

12 by Aura- »»
Jan 2, 2014 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.