Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
What are some of your favourite quotes from books you read.

Heres mine:

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 22, 2013 7:30 AM

May 2013
“I wake up thinking of yesterday. The joy is in remembering; the pain is in knowing it was yesterday.”
― David Levithan, Every Day

“Mortals. I envy you. You think you can change things. Stop the universe. Undo what was done long before you came along. You are such beautiful creatures.”
― Kami Garcia, Beautiful Creatures

“Darkness, real darkness, was more than just a lack of light.”
― Kami Garcia, Beautiful Creatures

“You never know how much time you'll have.”
― Stephenie Meyer, The Host
Jun 22, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2013
"We accept the love we think we deserve"
- Stephen Chbosky, Perks of being a wallflower
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 22, 2013 1:50 PM
Jul 2012
"Stay gold Johnny."
- The Outsiders
Jun 23, 2013 5:30 AM

Oct 2012
“Ah, the outdoors, I visited that mythical place once.”
- The Way of Kings

“Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady. Their lives are hard enough, and it never hurts to be polite.”
- The Name of the Wind

“It wasn't even a good note. 'If you are reading this I am probably dead.' What sort of a note is that?”
- The Name of the Wind

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die."
- Game of Thrones
Jun 23, 2013 5:45 PM

Jun 2013
I just finished reading Archer's Goon by the ever amazing Diana Wynne Jones and my favourite quote(s) from the book would probably be the entire Author's Note page:

This book will prove the following ten facts:

1. A Goon is a being who melts into the foreground and sticks there.
2. Pigs have wings, making them hard to catch.
3. All power corrupts, but we need electricity.
4. When an irresistible force meets an immovable object, the result is a family fight.
5. Music does not always soothe the troubled breast.
6. An Englishman's home is his castle.
7. The female of the species is more deadly than the male.
8. One black eye deserves another.
9. Space is the final frontier, and so is the sewage farm.
10. It pays to increase your word power.
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
GoldenBRS said:
"Stay gold Johnny."
- The Outsiders

I thought the quote was "Stay gold, Ponyboy." -Johnny from The Outsiders
Jun 24, 2013 7:02 AM

Mar 2013
“Loneliness in a crowd of people was the worst kind of loneliness, but she couldn't help it.”
- Torment

“Why do beautiful songs make you sad?' 'Because they aren't true.' 'Never?' 'Nothing is beautiful and true.”
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Jun 25, 2013 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
"A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
It is too late. The Evacuation still proceeds, but it's all theatre. There are no lights inside the cars. No light anywhere. Above him lift girders old as an iron queen, and glass somewhere far above that would let the light of day through. But it's night. He's afraid of the way the glass will fall--soon--it will be a spectacle: the fall of a crystal palace. But coming down in total blackout, without one glint of light, only great invisible crashing."-Gravity's Rainbow

"riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend
of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to
Howth Castle and Environs."- Finnegan's Wake

"Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."- Lolita

"I was the shadow of the waxwing slain
By the false azure in the windowpane
I was the smudge of ashen fluff--and I
Lived on, flew on, in the reflected sky,
And from the inside, too, I'd duplicate
Myself, my lamp, an apple on a plate:
Uncurtaining the night, I'd let dark glass
Hang all the furniture above the grass,
And how delightful when a fall of snow
10 Covered my glimpse of lawn and reached up so
As to make chair and bed exactly stand
Upon that snow, out in that crystal land!"- Pale Fire

"Most of the big shore places were closed now and there were hardly any lights except the shadowy, moving glow of a ferryboat across the Sound. And as the moon rose higher the inessential houses began to melt away until gradually I became aware of the old island here that flowered once for Dutch sailors’ eyes — a fresh, green breast of the new world. Its vanished trees, the trees that had made way for Gatsby’s house, had once pandered in whispers to the last and greatest of all human dreams; for a transitory enchanted moment man must have held his breath in the presence of this continent, compelled into an aesthetic contemplation he neither understood nor desired, face to face for the last time in history with something commensurate to his capacity for wonder.
And as I sat there, brooding on the old unknown world, I thought of Gatsby's wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy’s dock. He had come a long way to this blue lawn and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.
Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter — tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... And one fine morning —
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."- The Great Gatsby

Also everything that The Judge says in Blood Meridian.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 8, 2013 12:20 AM

Sep 2012
“Like most misery, it started with apparent happiness.”
Jul 9, 2013 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
"Never compromise yourself - you are all you have." - from "The Rainmaker" by John Grisham

"War is not something I take lightly, but I would slay all of Heaven itself so as not to lose His (God's) love." - from "The Fallen 4: Forsaken" by Thomas E. Sniegoski

Jun 5, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
Damn it... Name of the Wind and A Wise Mans Fear had soo many good quotes, and i forgot all of them...
Jun 13, 2014 6:08 PM

Sep 2012
I thought the blurb on the back cover from Name of the Wind was really cool. Not long now till part 3!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Why You Should Read...

kevlar20 - Jun 4, 2019

0 by kevlar20 »»
Jun 4, 2019 9:16 PM

» What are you currently reading?

mc093 - Jun 21, 2013

33 by kevlar20 »»
Jun 4, 2019 9:07 PM

» Running out of good fantasy books to read

LostOddity - Jun 27, 2013

9 by Ph4ntomR3q »»
Dec 9, 2014 4:18 PM

» Ebooks or Printed Books?

Parasol-Lady - Jun 23, 2013

12 by Barlockk »»
Sep 2, 2014 8:14 PM

» What's your current favourite book and why?

mc093 - Jun 21, 2013

7 by Sanjur0 »»
Jun 24, 2013 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.