Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2013 5:42 AM
Mar 2013
Recently an anti clannad club was created, but luckily it is receiving little attention. Its creator (Emii, also a member of this club) states that clannad is very overrated, has a floppy story, and little to no character development. Most of this was not backed up, and as clanand is one of my favorite animes, I am turning this into a debate, specifically with you Emii.

SPOILERS

My opening statement: Clannad, and Clannad after story, are animes in which the main character goes through much character development and change throughout the story. At the beginning, Tomoya Okazaki is considered to be a delinquent who hates his father, and does nothing productive with his life. As Clannad progresses Tomoya Begins helping Nagisa with the drama club, and even acquires "a reputation for helping others". In the after story, he dates Nagisa, graduates from highschool, and essentially looses his reputation as a delinquent. He also becomes more responsible, and even gets a job. He also marries Nagisa. After her death he engulfs himself in his work, and begins smoking and drinking heavily, finding himself in a very similar position to his father. He soon realizes how hard it must have been for his father to raise him, and appreciates what his father did for him. In the end he is the responsible father of Ushio, works a full time job, and is married. that is much different from the delinquent he was at the beginning. You would not realize this, as (according to your list) you have seen only five episodes of clannad, and none of the after story. I have seen them both multiple times.

I await your rebuttal, or anyone else who would like to argue.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 31, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
Clannad sucks because a few reasons.. I'll go more in depth in it.

1. It sucks
2. It sucks at what it does.
3. It just really sucks.
May 31, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Hello! :)

I dont think you are right@ this, I really like Clannad, but I dont think its one of the best Animes.
Jun 1, 2014 11:57 AM
Apr 2013
Rivayne said:
Clannad sucks because a few reasons.. I'll go more in depth in it.

1. It sucks
2. It sucks at what it does.
3. It just really sucks.

Best critique on Clannad i've seen
Jun 13, 2014 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
I think there are a lot of problems with clanned. The first problem is that tomoya is a guy and tomoyo is a girl which clearly goes against Spanish, the language the original light novel was written in.

Character development is bs. No one cares how a character changes if that character sucks and just sucks more after the change. Tomoya basically just complains about stuff the entire series. He wants to think that he's a delinquent, but he's really just a pussy.

Like you said, Clannad tries to be too "realistic" with all the "life problems" and stuff. Tomoya is just an angsty kid who is always like "I hate my dad and I'm going to make up for it by forming a harem." In the end, it's not "realistic" at all; they just pull some magic bullshit to alter the entire plot and "make up" for crushing your soul. Clam mad would have had a much better ending if they had just killed everyone with a giant meteor.

Some people say that Clannad is original, but it's really just a huge rip off of Angel Beats! which aired 2 years before in that all the character design and basic interaction is the same. They totally try to pull a fast one on you by attempting to turn it into a "serious" show. The creators fail miserably; I laughed at everything that was supposed to be "sad" because of how unrealistic and badly done it was. There are so many plot holes, I don't even know where to begin.

The only thing I learned from Canned was that Tomoya was a dick, just like his dad, and the show should have been canned after the first season.

Clan Gonad is probably the worst series I've ever seen.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» member cards

Hiros-lastchance - Nov 8, 2013

3 by Hiros-lastchance »»
Aug 6, 2014 8:32 AM

» Personal favorite anime?

Hiros-lastchance - Jun 4, 2013

2 by Hiros-lastchance »»
Jun 4, 2013 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.