Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2010 1:14 AM
Aug 2010
I just finished the series (but I'll leave that discussion for another time) and I'm just trying to tie up some loose ends in my mind about the show.

In the first episode, at 13:06 into episode 1 Kei accidentally knocks over a box, the contents of spill out and are blurred. Aside from the Pocky box, does anyone know what the blurred objects are? I can only guess they're...sex toys, so to speak? I didn't read the manga, so I'm not sure if there's some backstory or explanation for the contents. If my guess is correct (and I honestly can't think up what other kinds of objects would be blurred out) then it seems pretty random and out of place. Was it supposed to be a humorous situation?

It just seemed very out of place and I've been wondering about it *shrug* Thanks in advance for any input!
Aug 1, 2012 3:50 AM

Dec 2011
Got that from Yahoo Answers:

"The pixelation was originally done in the Japanese broadcast version. I was an active member of AnimeOnDVD.com when this release first came out and there was a large amount of speculation as to the contents of that box and what was under the pixelation.

According to some people that worked on the show, the contents of the box are "an alien device" that humans are not supposed to see. So the show creators/animators, as a joke, pixelated the box contents out because humans would be watching the show .... though most people still, to this day, think it’s a box of sex toys/dirty mags Ms Kazami owns.

Having checked the Manga at the time, I saw no scene like this, so I can only assume it was an original of the Anime. In the Manga, there were slight allusions to alien technology that didn't crop up in the anime so maybe this scene was a hat tip to the Manga.

Personally, after all these years and the numerous times that I've watched the show, I would tend to believe the story about the box containing an alien "device" and not a bunch of sex toys or dirty mags. I think it was an inside joke among the animators. No more, no less.

Hope that helps. =^.^="
Dec 1, 2021 6:40 AM

Aug 2020
MeLion said:
Got that from Yahoo Answers:

"The pixelation was originally done in the Japanese broadcast version. I was an active member of AnimeOnDVD.com when this release first came out and there was a large amount of speculation as to the contents of that box and what was under the pixelation.

According to some people that worked on the show, the contents of the box are "an alien device" that humans are not supposed to see. So the show creators/animators, as a joke, pixelated the box contents out because humans would be watching the show .... though most people still, to this day, think it’s a box of sex toys/dirty mags Ms Kazami owns.

Having checked the Manga at the time, I saw no scene like this, so I can only assume it was an original of the Anime. In the Manga, there were slight allusions to alien technology that didn't crop up in the anime so maybe this scene was a hat tip to the Manga.

Personally, after all these years and the numerous times that I've watched the show, I would tend to believe the story about the box containing an alien "device" and not a bunch of sex toys or dirty mags. I think it was an inside joke among the animators. No more, no less.

Hope that helps. =^.^="

So pretty much a fourth wall break, huh.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 10 Discussion

huyyy - Oct 26, 2008

32 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Apr 19, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DarkBlue - Feb 12, 2008

76 by __FK__ »»
Mar 20, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 1 Discussion

Sky - Jul 15, 2011

21 by rohan121 »»
Feb 20, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 11 Discussion

Moe4Sho - Aug 12, 2010

20 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

brinan - Aug 13, 2009

53 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 23, 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.