Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2008 1:46 PM

Sep 2007
I hate the chick. She isn't even a character, people just love her like they love that dumbass Haruhi. Listen, I love the she's from, I just hate most of the fanbase, and making Kyon a woman isn't the right choice. Yes, I admit, some characters would be better with the opposite gender, but Kyon is NOT one of them! Kyon as a girl would be incredibly typical and boring, not to mention that she would be annoying (not in the way Haruhi is,) just in the way that you would want to slap her. That may sound a bit much, but why would you change him into a girl?
torapuJun 6, 2008 2:06 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 6, 2008 11:59 PM

Oct 2007
torapu said:
Kyon as a girl would be incredibly typical and boring

Kyon as a boy is incredibly typical and boring. That's the point, you ninny.

Kyon's character is supposed to be that of a typical, boring, skeptical little bastard. That's why Haruhi is so interested in him--he's her polar opposite. If he even had so much as a quirk, he wouldn't BE Kyon, and hell, he probably wouldn't have taken such an interest in Haruhi, thus rendering the rest of the plot moot.

Point is, Kyon is already typical and boring and if turning him into a girl would make her even more so, then that would only strengthen the intensity of the relationship that Haruhi(ko) and Kyon(ko) share.
KuyuJun 7, 2008 12:08 AM
You can find me on IRC.
Jun 7, 2008 12:15 AM

Apr 2008
Kuyukly said:
torapu said:
Kyon as a girl would be incredibly typical and boring

Kyon as a boy is incredibly typical and boring. That's the point, you ninny.

Kyon's character is supposed to be that of a typical, boring, skeptical little bastard. That's why Haruhi is so interested in him--he's her polar opposite. If he even had so much as a quirk, he wouldn't BE Kyon, and hell, he probably wouldn't have taken such an interest in Haruhi, thus rendering the rest of the plot moot.

Point is, Kyon is already typical and boring and if turning him into a girl would make her even more so, then that would only strengthen the intensity of the relationship that Haruhi(ko) and Kyon(ko) share.

First of all, thank you making your point in an intelligent way. Your argument actually makes sense and isn't the usual 'OMGOMG U GAIZ SUUUKKKK'. Even so, our dislike for Kyonko is going to stay no mater what. There's no point in a discussion like this.

As you can imagine, we've been getting a lot of trolls here so far. This club was made because Torapu and I are sick of everyone acting like Kyonko is the best character ever, she's so 'original', blah blah blah. She's okay. I would probably like her if she were an actual character and not just a fan character.

I wonder what would happen if I made a Bruce Ironstaunch page? He's just as much of a a character as Kyonko is.
wowaJun 7, 2008 12:21 AM
Jun 7, 2008 7:58 AM

Oct 2007
Y'all can hate Kyonko as much as you want. I just wanted to make that particular point is all, since that part of Torapu's post was quite simply pointless.

Also, Bruce Ironstaunch?
You can find me on IRC.
Jun 7, 2008 11:28 AM

Apr 2008
Kuyukly said:
Y'all can hate Kyonko as much as you want. I just wanted to make that particular point is all, since that part of Torapu's post was quite simply pointless.

Also, Bruce Ironstaunch?

Haha, Bruce is 'from' Gurren Lagann. He's a background character who showed up ONCE at one of Rossiu's speeches. (when he got the rock thrown at him.) Because Bruce looked kind of angry, people started saying he threw the rock, he was a true hero, etc. Then, during the terrible SaiGar tournament, he was actually entered in as a character.
Jun 7, 2008 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
Kuyukly said:

Also, Bruce Ironstaunch?

Like wowa said, I have to thank you for not being an idiot about your post, it was very clear and easy to read.

Either way, Kyonko isn't an official character and I still hate her. I hate most of her fans and her, and yes, as a girl she is typical and boring. There are SO MANY characters like Kyonko, I partly hate her because of that.

Bruce Ironstaunch is a "character" from Gurren Lagann that is seen throwing a rock at this asshole main character, he's mainly popular because this guy needed to have a rock thrown at him. >:D
Jun 7, 2008 7:13 PM

Oct 2007
There is lest Itsuko pic and more Kyonko.
I start to get sick of ppl talking about it and posting Kyonko pic. She post to be a Tsundere but ppl is keep on calling her moe....Tsundere + moe = dosen't work for me.
Other hand...I'm a big fan of Itsuko. It sad that lest pic of her :(
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jun 7, 2008 7:35 PM

Sep 2007
KuroTsuki14 said:
I start to get sick of ppl talking about it and posting Kyonko pic. She post to be a Tsundere but ppl is keep on calling her moe....Tsundere + moe = dosen't work for me.

I agree, Itsuko doesn't bother me one bit. Kyonko....I just can't stand her.
Jun 9, 2008 4:51 AM

Jan 2008
I don't understand how people can come to like her, not only she's not an official character, better off as a guy, and getting too much attention, but the name 'kyonko' itself is lame enough to beat names like 'inspector detector' in speed racer. It doesn't even sound right when you pronounce it. I can't help thinking kyon's voice coming out from kyonko, ewwww.... Imagine Tomokazu Sugita saying " Iiya~ ecchi~~! " DX
Jun 24, 2008 10:03 PM

Sep 2007
id said:
Imagine Tomokazu Sugita saying " Iiya~ ecchi~~! " DX

Okay, that would be really funny, but also REALLY disturbing.
Jul 10, 2008 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
Kyon is TOTALLY better as a guy, HE'S A GUY! end of the question.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Aug 12, 2008 6:48 PM

Sep 2007
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Kyon is TOTALLY better as a guy, HE'S A GUY! end of the question.

I would hate Kyon if he was a girl! That would for sure make the series a bad series.
Aug 26, 2009 4:24 PM

Aug 2009
KuroTsuki14 said:

:D I'm a big fan of Itsuko too. Everywhere I go I see Kyonko, it's kind of getting annoying (>w>) Hehe, now to my Kyonko rant XD :

I don't hate Kyonko as a whole, I just hate the how the fans made her personality. Sure I love tsundere and moe types, but the fans made Kyonko more dominant than Kyon, and I have to say, I don't think that being dominant and moe fits a character like Kyonko. In the doujins I read about her, she is mean and very careless like Kyon (although to me, Kyonko's more meaner), but just who would like a female character who's mean and very careless? Not me. And also the point that she's a female, most of the time (or should I say, certain) nothing bad happens to her (unlike Kyon). That just blows away the amusement of the character for me... But that's just doujin. I would like her way more better if she was official and not changing personalities a lot by fans. And I agree, Kyon is more awesome as a guy.
Dec 18, 2009 12:36 PM

May 2009
That depends really, I was just browsing through some AGK and Ronald McDonald-related parody videos on stuff like Lucky Star and Haruhi OPs and then suddenly the thought of Kyonko came up, sorry but I've gotta say, in my opinion, she looks just about moe.

I believe it's a case of tastes and interpretation.

My interpretation of Kyonko would result in a sarcastic girl who likes teasing people a lot and gets embarrassed easily, which is exactly the type of girl in anime I love/like (not sure in RL, I like variety see :P). I've read the Haruhi wiki entry on her and I don't disagree with all the points meanwhile, I feel it's weird that Koizumi (forgot name lol) harasses Kyonko, as if the male counterpart does anyway >_>

Oh yes and about your fanbase-hate, I won't touch it, I've had it too, especially at the hilarious Twilight fanbase. Well I believe anyone posting here would be smarter than them so I think this is a safe zone to say this without getting disproportionately mindboggling flame.

Also Rinngo, your point on the doujins, that's the thing. Doujins use the author's imagination. Kyonko is based on the author's perspectives and it was based on Kyon, whose perspectives were made out of Tanigawara's head. He may interpret the attitude Kyonko shows in the doujin as very similar to Kyon's but alas, a doujin is fan-material, it is never accurate. As a whole, Kyonko is made by the public, more specifically fans of moe, Kyon and ponytails (Sorry but I love pony and twintails ;_; if you get what I mean).

I actually imagine her to be someone like BiriBiri (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun) only with very reduced slapstick + more sarcasm pliz + kyon attributes to make it more realistic/Kyon and I love these types as I pointed out before. People can think what they want on Kyonko, what she was made for and she was meant to do, was to let your imaginations toy around with her. The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya Project was made for this reason alone.

It's the same as us (excuse me if you haven't watched Clannad and you don't realize who the main heroine is and you are not a fan of Kyou) imagining Kyou being with Tomoya as the end pair. Very satisfactory although more unlikely than a Kyonko. We could imagine what stuff comes up here and there and blah blah blah. Voila, Kyonko.

Also, if for example Tanigawara (sic, I don't care how I selpl arnoyme) released the story of Haruhi as a guy, Kyon as a girl and so on and so on, no one would really be having this debate and probably the anti-Kyon group would form when that world's The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya Project comes up. It's all just a matter of perspective.

I'm generally a very open guy (unless you're talking about the twisted dorodere of 11eyes, Yuka) and I can pretty much accept many shock/they-are-not-as-fun-as-this-other-girl pairings (lol ayu yuichi and etc harem) and weird stuff (should I put 'resistant to yuri and BL in my animes' in my resume?) plus I seem to think most things in a positive manner (exceptions: Yuka, etc) so maybe that affects my judgement on Kyonko.

If I ever get genderbended, I'd hope I looked good and well, eheh, since a friend of mine once said I act like Kyon, I hope I can be something like Kyonko :D Pretty stupid statement huh?

MAN WHY DO I KEEP TL;DR ABOUT STUFF NOBODY CARES. I DONT EVEN--

and no one would probably read this, last post, 08-27-09, what the hell am I doing 3.31AM in the morning typing a 1000+ word essay.
reb3llistDec 18, 2009 12:45 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » IMPORTANT! Kind of like a petition....

torapu - Aug 19, 2008

5 by reb3llist »»
Dec 18, 2009 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.