Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2011 1:36 AM
Nov 2010
Alright before you read my review keep in mind that these are my views of this album, so if you have a different opinion or just want to comment please feel free to make a reply.
Now then in this review I am going to break it down into three sections: flow of the album, lyrics, and production. Alright so let's start.

Flow of the Album: The first track sets a nice calm flow, then on the second song "On My Level" Wiz fucks all of that up and then switches the mood to a more hood nigga shit feeling. He then follows up it up with "Black and Yellow" which works out good so not I'm all hyped up and can't wait to see how he's going to follow this track up. Next song "Roll Up" was a HUGE fucking letdown. It goes right back to a calm mood. This whole song is how about he's for this bitch whenever she needs him, basically soft shit. Alright cool I guess, a song for the ladies, well hopefully the next song is better. "Hopes & Dreams" the beat is tight I'm feeling it. Still a calm mood good blazing music really. Next song is "Wake Up" pretty lame track but whatever there's bound to be shitty tracks. On to the next one! "The Race" beat is really nice, once again a track to blaze to. Nice and calm mood still set. Next song "Star of the Show" is pretty sick has a guest appearance by Taylor Gang member Chevy Woods. Calm mood still and pretty good flow over the beat. "No Sleep" has another nice beat alright song, could be better. "Get Your Shit" is the next song and man was it WACK AS FUCK. On this song he just talks about how he kicks some bitch out of his house for blah blah. More soft shit. On to the next track "Top Floor" which has a shitty sample that Wiz tries to rhyme over. This is such an annoying track to listen too. It's just so terrible! On "Fly Solo" Wiz switches up his whole style, its way different from the usual beats he rhymes over. Its a nice change of pace from the rest of the album, overall and enjoyable song. Next song is "Rooftops" with Curren$y. Completely different from the last track so it kind of threw me off. This whole track is about him being on top now and he uses a building as a metaphor for this. Pretty stupid premise but a good verse spit by Curren$y. "Cameras" is the title of the next track, and once again it's completely different from the last song, but the beat is really dope, overall a good song to end the album. Since I got the Deluxe Edition I got an extra track titles "Taylor Gang" where it's Wiz rhyming with his group. This song is actually really good, not lyrically of course, but the beat is sick.

TL;DR 6/10 for flow of the album. Some of the tracks just feel out of place but for the most part it has a good flow.

Lyrics: Standard Wiz lyrics: Getting high, fucking bitches, spending money, partying, etc. 3/10

Quotables: "Struggling tryin' to find the keys to my car, cuz I be going hard."
"No socks in my boat shoes, guess a nigga eatin' good: Whole Foods"
"Still riding no shirt let a bitch give me brain call it homework"
"Stuntin' like Jet-Li boathouses and jet-skis"
"First Class tags or maybe I'm in first cuz of my first class SWAG"
"Mortal Kombat: look at my ring if I ain't balling bitch what you call that?"

Production: The lyrics and flow may be shitty but damn that production on this album is pretty dope. Although I wouldn't expect less this being Wiz's first major label debut. 8/10

Overall Score: 6/10 This album was a complete letdown. I was expecting so much more from Wiz's first major label debut. Honestly he could have made Kush and Orange Juice as his album and it would have been better than this shit. The choruses on all of the songs in this album are just terrible, lyrics are bad, it just all sounds so repetitive. If anything just get this album for the beats, they're about the only enjoyment I got from this album.

Anyways post your opinons.
BinaryStarMar 30, 2011 11:48 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 30, 2011 9:00 AM

May 2008
I could never really get in to Wiz, even if it to blaze up to I prefer Kid cudi. Everyone says his mixtape Kush and OJ is better so I will have to check that out.
Mar 30, 2011 12:20 PM
Nov 2010
Nabi123 said:
I could never really get in to Wiz, even if it to blaze up to I prefer Kid cudi. Everyone says his mixtape Kush and OJ is better so I will have to check that out.

Yeah I prefer Kid Cudi as well, he just brings an atmosphere that's just dope. Also if you try and listen to Wiz I definitely recommend you check out Kush + OJ, it's so much better than his actual album.
Mar 30, 2011 4:02 PM
Jul 2010
BinaryStar said:
Nabi123 said:

Yeah I prefer Kid Cudi as well, he just brings an atmosphere that's just dope. Also if you try and listen to Wiz I definitely recommend you check out Kush + OJ, it's so much better than his actual album.

I agree that Kush + OJ is way better. But for the album Rolling Papers I give it a C+
Mar 30, 2011 4:03 PM
Jul 2010
The album art on Rolling Papers is dope as fuck
Apr 4, 2011 6:04 PM

Feb 2011
Wiz became a headache to me once my head was spammed with Black & Yellow by 500 other people.
Wolf Gang > Taylor Gang
Btw Binary if you don't do a review for Tyler, The Creator's Goblin I will punch you in the uterus <3
Apr 4, 2011 8:19 PM
Nov 2010
Eyeless said:
Wiz became a headache to me once my head was spammed with Black & Yellow by 500 other people.
Wolf Gang > Taylor Gang
Btw Binary if you don't do a review for Tyler, The Creator's Goblin I will punch you in the uterus <3

Of course I'll do a review on his album! . Can't wait for it to come out next month I'm pretty sure it's going to be insane and have actual quotables.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» General Discussion

BinaryStar - Feb 3, 2015

0 by BinaryStar »»
Feb 3, 2015 4:38 PM

» Fav. Producers?

chocolaetmaelk - Nov 19, 2012

5 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 AM

» Who's your favorite rapper?

FiendishJZA - Aug 25, 2012

7 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:27 AM

» GeminiEye's video thread

GeminiEye - Jan 13, 2013

4 by GeminiEye »»
Feb 28, 2013 1:59 AM

» The 2012 List

Counterpart - Oct 26, 2012

7 by FiendishJZA »»
Dec 14, 2012 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.