Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 4, 2011 9:02 PM

Jan 2009
This series is trying so hard to seem smart, but I'm not sure whether it's doing it or if it's just going to crash and burn. So far, the story seems interesting, and I'm really interested about the innerworkings of the church entity as well as the Granitz. It's definitely keep me on edge for sure.
Feb 4, 2011 11:06 PM

Aug 2010
I am enjoying this series for what it is, an adventure through an unfamiliar world. Earlier, with the doppels and what not I thought it was going to be ambitious and attempt to raise questions like "What if...we had doppels" or "What if this is the future of human relationships" but it seems that was misinterpreted.

I like Phyrne more than Nessa because there's the romance potential for sure and I am glad she is in the story again. That isn't to say they can't both be in the plot, but it sure is an interesting idea forming here if Phyrne will only be around when Nessa isn't and vice versa.

I don't know if the fight scenes in the story work for me, it seems like they are trying to make PG rated fight scenes where people topple over with no blood, but you can see HOLES through people, wouldn't that be enough to earn a PG-13? It's just a strange contradiction where these fight scenes look like they try to be realistic and fake at the same time.

I can't really recall since episode 1 was awhile ago, but it didn't seem like Phyrne was so much taller, older-looking than Clain in that one. She seems alot more serious here too. I hope these mood swings are just part of her character and they didn't just milk her in the first episode to lure in viewers. Inconsistency in story telling is rarely a good thing.
Feb 5, 2011 1:40 AM

Sep 2009
The characters in this show are pretty interesting. I want to know what's up with Phyrne. I do hope things get answered before the show ends.
Feb 5, 2011 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode again
Feb 5, 2011 3:06 AM

Aug 2009
that was enjoyable.
Feb 5, 2011 6:12 AM

Dec 2009
Villetta_Nu said:
Clain, you idiot!! How could you leave Nessa behind? Get away from Phyrne!! She's a selfish bitch!

+1

Why the heck did he leave here behind
he's so damn noob
but nessa acted alil bit selfish when she told him not to go to phryne
Feb 5, 2011 7:34 AM

Mar 2009
I like this episode too. ^^ I don't really understand, why was two Nessa there. Phryne character changed very much. I guess there is some reason for this. But so much are sure that she conceals something. And Clain really an idiot. Thinks of Phryne only and does not care really about Nessa.I'm curious what will happen. I want the next episode! ^^

Feb 5, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2009
Phryne.. O.o i'll agree with Clain, she can be a big tomboy at times. hehe

Awesome. I think both sides are wrong in their own ways in the fact that they have to fight and challenge others in order to accomplish their goals. Living either way is fine.
Feb 5, 2011 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
brecho said:
Clain as a protagonist is utterly stupid. What is more he's a pussy. I really hoped that in this episode he got killed or at last removed some other way from this anime. How many more guys like this is Japan going to get?

You're right, Clain is bland.
But that's on purpose: he was raised by doppels, not by his real parents.
And as for everyone giving him a hard time about leaving Nessa: she's a doppel, i.e. data. It's not like he has to hold her by her hand to take her with him.
Feb 5, 2011 1:59 PM
Dec 2010
"They're really getting it on
He's pretty good."

Hahaha X'D... Made my day
Feb 5, 2011 3:52 PM
Dec 2007
cleo said:

And as for everyone giving him a hard time about leaving Nessa: she's a doppel, i.e. data. It's not like he has to hold her by her hand to take her with him.
I think people meant that he knew, or at least was warned beforehand, that if he went with Phryne Nessa wouldn't go along. Obviously Clain though Nessa was just being childish and didn't meant it which is why he's surprised when she's not on the ship. That said, she's a doppel so she could show up at any time if she wanted to. I'm sure Nessa will stay somewhere near, she just won't show herself to him until something new happens that would make her do so.

Feb 5, 2011 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
Nessa is awesome! She's so funny and cute XD
Not the same for Phryne ... why did she even come back anyway? Helps finish the festival then she wants to destroy the system too? Huh?
I love the rebels actually, especially Enri and her brother :P
I really wouldn't mind if we didn't see Phryne again either ;O
Feb 5, 2011 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
EMChamp said:
I am enjoying this series for what it is, an adventure through an unfamiliar world. Earlier, with the doppels and what not I thought it was going to be ambitious and attempt to raise questions like "What if...we had doppels" or "What if this is the future of human relationships" but it seems that was misinterpreted.

I like Phyrne more than Nessa because there's the romance potential for sure and I am glad she is in the story again. That isn't to say they can't both be in the plot, but it sure is an interesting idea forming here if Phyrne will only be around when Nessa isn't and vice versa.

I don't know if the fight scenes in the story work for me, it seems like they are trying to make PG rated fight scenes where people topple over with no blood, but you can see HOLES through people, wouldn't that be enough to earn a PG-13? It's just a strange contradiction where these fight scenes look like they try to be realistic and fake at the same time.

I can't really recall since episode 1 was awhile ago, but it didn't seem like Phyrne was so much taller, older-looking than Clain in that one. She seems alot more serious here too. I hope these mood swings are just part of her character and they didn't just milk her in the first episode to lure in viewers. Inconsistency in story telling is rarely a good thing.

I thought the same too about Fractale since episode 1. It has been very adventurous so far and the art/story is of movie quality.

The doppel Nessa with Clain behaved much differently from the real Nessa. The real Nessa is less active and looks sad. lol, I wonder if both Nessa's hate Phyrne. I don't remember but I think the real Nessa's didn't noticed the doppel Nessa during that gunfight.
Feb 6, 2011 8:48 AM

Aug 2010
EMChamp said:

I won't disagree with you because the focus of the show is not as to whether or not doppels are good or bad. I don't think it doesn't cover these matters at all, but it more so poses the possibility of doppels to the user for a short while (first two episodes or so), and then gives the audience reasoning of "Doppels are degrading humanity, doppels are bad."

If anyone looks deeply enough within it they could pull from it an argument for and against technologically simplified life, but, again, it's just not the show's focus.

Granted Fractale seems to be leaning in more of an Equilibrium sort of conflict where human emotions and actions are suppressed to bring about a so-called better good. Either way it's still pretty enjoyable.
Feb 6, 2011 7:13 PM

Oct 2010
OK this episode was good. It showed a lot on Phryne and most of all the religious order’s system and their ideology. I think both need to be addressed but what really got me going was more than anything is Sunda’s airship. Although not as impressive as the Nautilus was in “Nadia Secret Of The Blue Water” it was very impressive. I liked a lot its missiles!

Missiles are cool and always make a bang as it did on the enemy spaceship not to mention another nice bang with its cannons. I was so right in its weapons being amazing! It sure paid off.
About the religious order, simply put they are far more insane then in Index. This so reminds me of this. The society there was crazy too. It fascinated me that satellite system of theirs. It looks like those satellites are considered the stars but people don’t want others to know what they are3 exactly for most likely fear of realizing the realism of what’s is what exactly. It’s like you have a clone but refuse to accept as that and instead continue like family or a lover until someone like Lost Millennium make you realize it. You either get revenge on those who did mind screwed you or refuse the realization. That being said I was surprised of the priestess decision on forgiveness but of course I spoke too soon when suppression was mentioned. Now Granitz family is wanted but that is exactly what happened in Nadia so this is a start. Oh wow, now the religious group considers Fractale as God? That’s nuts! I would never accept a machine or system as God. I would accept as a gift of God but never this.

The religious’s spaceship is huge! When it passed Nessa/Clain it looked like a UFO! It is rather insane that a religious order has so much power just like the world order in Nadia. That spaceship not only has robots with cams and lasers to attack but foot soldiers that front the looks of their helmet seem like Spanish colonists. The the spaceship from the side has search lights from its bottom but also from the front it can launch attacks from lasers. The religious order sure have some crazy leaders. Not spilling anyone from the Granitz’s family while proclaiming those who are opposed will have a death being worthy of Fractale’s blessing? BS and BS! Completely religious brainwashing at its best. On top of that the leader blames Phryne for being greedy? Look who is talking snuffing out the lives of people in the name of a shit ass machine that is a false God. I found quite ironic the leader can smell wherever Phryne/Clain will be. My conclusion to this section is, screw this world order. They are rotten and glad Clain will be with Phryne and perhaps help out Lost Millennium.

About Phryne, I think it’s great she came back. There is a good amount of things in this episode about her. For one real Nessa was attentive to Phryne’s emotional state and even was very worried about her. Guess she was not happy at all of Clain’s discovery of her data. To the point of slapping him (ouch!) for investigating it, which also got doppel Nessa to hate her. Up to the point Nessa fixing her in a angry manner declaring her hate towards her. I am guessing she never trusted real Nessa with the world key so she decided to leave it with doppel Nessa for certain reasons that doppels might have that real people do not. She still did the mistake that no one would be able to open that data so it means that Clain is special to have been able to access it.

Oh wow, sudden love confession question? Should have said to that Clain but regardless Phryne hating love must have its own reason too. What exactly caused her love hate is something I will be looking forward to. The motorcycle segment was great, especially that jump but I got trolled it’s actually a tricycle. Has 3 wheels. What really got interesting at the end of the episode is how Phryne was emotionally. Looks to me like she has a lot more to tell of why doppel Nessa does not like her to be around her.
Rest in spoiler
I really look forward now to where the adventure will take off to. It’s starting to get moving finally around with Phryne being around. Now Nessa needs to come back somehow.
Yumekichi11Feb 6, 2011 7:35 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 7, 2011 11:41 AM

Aug 2008
Sure hope the temple doesn't capture Nessa. I wonder why she dislikes Phryne so much.
Feb 7, 2011 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
EvianBubble said:
Nessa is awesome! She's so funny and cute XD
Not the same for Phryne ... why did she even come back anyway? Helps finish the festival then she wants to destroy the system too? Huh?
I really wouldn't mind if we didn't see Phryne again either ;O

exactly what i though, i think Phryne is a very annoying char, Nessa all the way. love her

cant wait for next ep
Feb 7, 2011 11:44 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode..... the plot is moving along. People are becoming "unlikely allies."

I like how this show showed how both sides can be insane as well as vulnerable.

Can't wait for the next episode :)
Feb 9, 2011 10:27 AM

May 2010
"Do you love me?" That's was quite unexpected.

I hope we can see Phryne's backstory to clear things up with this"love-hate" thing.
Feb 9, 2011 10:43 AM
Dec 2007
StormViruz said:
"Do you love me?" That's was quite unexpected.

I hope we can see Phryne's backstory to clear things up with this"love-hate" thing.
She's already a horrible character in my book due to the completely different personalities the show decided to portray. First she's this quirky weird girl who entrusts this sweet boy with her treasure then 4 episodes later she's a bitchy girl full of hate who's only looking out for herself. Now, seems to me like they did a personality switcheroo here or they just wanted to drag in stupid people with episode 1.

Also, the treasure part also got on my nerves. She left something with doppel data to a confused boy with no explanations, not even a "don't open it" command. What the hell did she expect him to do? Look at it and go "ooh pretty" and then go on with his life? Geez, if this anime fails it won't be because it didn't deserve it.
Leon-GunFeb 9, 2011 10:47 AM

Feb 9, 2011 3:45 PM

Jan 2011
Ugh Phryneeee. Hopefully she gets less irritating. I like how the story is going so far and I'm happy with the length of the series, dragging it out too long with these characters would get a little mundane.
Feb 10, 2011 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
awesome episode, keeps getting better and better :D
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 12, 2011 7:50 AM

Nov 2009
Another great episode, however, Phryne sort of ticks me off....

I prefer Nessa much over Phyrne. The reason being is because Phryne is so negative and hateful, while Nessa is so much more positive.

I think I'll like Phryne more as the story progresses, and even more info. is revealed, but at the moment I would say I definitely like Nessa the most.
Feb 12, 2011 4:34 PM

Feb 2010
This is getting really good.
Feb 14, 2011 9:32 AM

May 2007
Don't be a baby Nessa, so what if he kind of likes another girl besides you.

Good episode, we actually dealt with death, and I am glad we didn't have Phryne just leave again.

Great show so far.
My anime list
Feb 14, 2011 11:51 AM

Jun 2008
I am not liking Phryne that much at all...she hates love.Last time (episode 1) she seemed a lot different, she was happier back then. I hope we get some back story about why she is like this now.

Nessa hates her. Probably a woman's dopple's intuition telling her that Phryne is bad. I love Nessa. (:
Feb 16, 2011 7:21 AM

Aug 2010
Phryne was quite the bitch in this episode. Looking forward for more development.
Feb 18, 2011 3:43 PM
Mar 2010
Phyrine is very good character, I'm curious for daughter of world and fractale system, why Phyrine want to crash it?? poor Nessa, but she is agree, Phyrine is a little bit nasty in that occasion..... I want to see what will be happen now...

next to 5th ep
Feb 25, 2011 8:32 PM

Dec 2010
Phryne is an interesting and mysterious character, we don't know nothing about her yet
MarchSwannFeb 25, 2011 8:36 PM
Mar 8, 2011 4:31 PM
May 2008
Characters... so... annoying... and... typical... cliche... archetypes.

*headache ensues*
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 16, 2011 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
Although in the beginning I rll liked phryne and REALLY disliked Nessa it seems that I changed my mind. Phryne was sooooo damn annoying in this ep (for me) and I really felt sad for Nessa being left behind and Clain being so Phryne - addicted (like blushes and so on...) that rll annoyed me so much! anyway pretty good show, I am not THAT much into it, it really lacks something but oh well I praise it for scripwriter's imagination.

Gyabo!~
Apr 2, 2011 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
It's an alright episode..
Apr 3, 2011 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
I liked Phryne in the first episode. Now...

And I am thinking that Hana's "Baaaka" could become kind of like Rie's "Urusai, Urusai"...
Jun 28, 2011 2:04 AM

Nov 2007
Wow, Phryne is such a bitch. EXPLAIN THINGS, DON'T JUST HIT PEOPLE FOR NO REASON. Jesus, why is that so hard?

And I don't understand why Nessa and Phryne are at odds with one another. Phyrne is obviously hiding a secret (and therefore her reason for "hating love"), but why Nessa? Jealousy? I don't think there's time for petty things like that when you're being shot at, ffs.
Jul 9, 2011 2:03 AM
Jul 2010
msskitties said:
Am I the only one who thinks Nessa is annoying? Kana Hanazawa is great but her character tries too hard to be sickenly cute. Ugh.

Anyway I'm glad Phryne's back. She was pretty badass this episode! I very much prefer her over Nessa.
This. Nessa is just too annoying.

So, Phryne is the daughter of the Grand Priestess but what's up with "the world is ending" and why is Phryne so important ("the key to the world)? She must know more about the Fractale System than the Granitz but it doesn't help that she doesn't say much... And why does Nessa hate her?
Jul 21, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
Interesting episode, but I'm starting to dislike the main character more and more. Same with Phryne.

I'm interested in knowing about the end of the world and the "key" as well. I'm assuming that the "end of the world" would mean the destruction of the Fractale System, but I'm not too sure why Phryne would be the key.

This is slowly starting to become what I expected to be watching.

Sep 8, 2013 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode again.
Lots of action, still like the main character and Phryne
Dec 6, 2013 10:14 AM

May 2012
Clain Baka~ Pretty nice episode with great development! Let's see what's next!
May 2, 2014 2:26 PM
Jul 2012
liked it a lot!!!
Hope good episodes will follow!
Jan 10, 2015 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
Clain needs to get Nessa back! I like Phryne in a way but Nessa is so adorable and sweet!
Oct 19, 2015 2:34 PM

Dec 2010
Artwork,sound and voice acting are impressive...other than these nothing is good...pretty bad to say the least..overall 5/10..
Mim
Feb 3, 2022 5:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, after Phryne freed all the civilian from the effect of Fractale star, she turned herself in to the group. While the real Nessa confused and asked, should've she followed, the answer was everyone just begone. Doppel Nessa hate Phryne, because she hate love, while Clein love Phryne, cause Doppel Nessa that love a love to hate someone who hate a love. Phryne also become more odd, giving gift, but when someone trying to tamper the gift, she's angry. Wth? At least gave him a message or some shit. Pretty fucked up, right? Nope. The way them evade laser, and once again escape from the temple pursue, that's the real fucked up. Lost Millenium under Sunda leadership managed to escape with the huge airship, and Doppel Nessa decided to not following Clein those time...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.