Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2009 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this one hour ova was like the topping to finish this amazing series, just what u need to warm up the hearth, when i finished watching , i felt a little sad since there was no more kaleido star, but o well, a good anime has to come to a finish. i will miss u kaleido star

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jun 30, 2009 5:09 PM
Jun 2008
I never seen more than four episodes of the original series, but I saw this OAV and it was effing incredible. All the details of Kaleido Star were unnecessary--this was just Layla Hamilton at her best. Amazing OAV.
Sep 1, 2009 12:36 AM

Dec 2008
of course i love kaleido star but if i have to say how was OAV i will say it was so-so
Jul 24, 2010 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
That scene where Sora finds Layla near that lake and Layla starts crying was so damn touching... Kaleido Star at its best indeed...
Sep 11, 2010 3:51 AM

Jun 2010
The Layla fan in me says that this OVA is enough compensation for the 2nd season of Kaleido Star.
Dec 18, 2010 11:41 PM
Dec 2009
A beautiful OVA of Layla Hamilton, a 10/10. Only hoped for a more clearer performance with Sora of her climax of the phoenix.. and the hair cut of Layla was kind of sad, longer hair for a girl is much more beautiful for my preferences. A very great OVA. <3 Kaleido Star, <3 Layla Hamilton, and <3 Sora!

[Just had to edit the rating, just love Layla Hamliton <3. Re-thinking about the OVA, it shouldn't be a 9, it deserves a 10/10!]
JKDec 18, 2010 11:49 PM
tag©.androgynous
Jan 6, 2011 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
So beautifil, I almost cried while watching. Reminded me of how much I love this series and its characters.

And when Layla starts crying... TOTALLY EPIC.
Feb 17, 2012 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
The best way to end this amazing series. Layla's past was pretty sad, and we also know now why she was so emotionless at times. Just like someone already said the part where they met and Layla started to cry was really touching. I'm happy to see that they finally have a sister-like bond. I don't really like Layla's short hair though, the long one suited her way more.
Ken finally confessed, too bad nothing else happened :/
I was also very glad that they showed both performances even if not the whole things. Sora's phoenix easily tops Layla's (the manuever, not the Broadway performance, cant really compare it to that one).
The phoenix costume looked really beautiful on Sora, it's probably my 2nd favorite after the angel costume. Before anyone thinks it the wrong way I don't mean it because of the lack of clothes :) It just suited her personality the most.
I'm really sad though that the series is finally over. Would have liked another one with Rosetta and Sora as partners or Sora in her later years probably with Ken :) This was certainly not the last time I watched this masterpiece of a series.
Anyway, it's undoubtedly a 10/10, loved it!
Apr 13, 2012 2:45 PM

Mar 2010
This was bad even for Kaleido Star. Layla's de-development was extremely anti-climactic and I never understood why Sora stalked her or why everyone felt shocked about Layla having emotions. Seriously, when they started saying how surprising it was, I nearly facepalmed. Does she have no one sane around her? And wtf was with her telling her life story (she wasn't very proud of) to complete strangers? And cutting her hair at the end? I think she looks better that way but it just made no sense at all.
7/10 for starring May and Layla in the main cast.
Aug 24, 2013 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
This felt more like a narrative of Layla than anything too spectacular from the way I see it. However, she changed so much since the first time I saw her....especially now in her admiration and support for Sora. At any rate, I'll rate this 6/10.

Oh and not a big fan of her new haircut ;.;
Nov 1, 2018 2:00 PM
Oct 2017
possibly the only anime set in upstate NY?
Apr 11, 2021 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
It's been years since I watched the main series, but this managed to bring it all back. Seeing Layla make peace with her vulnerabilities and be reborn reminds me of what this series has always been about - the journey these characters take to bring out of the best of who they are. Kaleido Star has been such a huge inspiration for me and this epilogue lit a spark within once again. In a way, I almost feel reborn.

8/10
Mar 20, 2023 8:09 PM
Jul 2019
This has to be my favorite part of Kaleido Star, which is this OAV. My favorite character is Layla Hamilton. I do wish they made Layla gay. I found it interesting how she cut off her hair. Does anyone know the symbolism being her doing so?
Aug 3, 2023 8:13 PM

May 2020
What an amazing epilogue for an amazing show, absolutely heartwarming, my favorite part was when Layla start crying at the lake, finally accepting her feelings and "weaknesses", plus the bond between Sora and Layla become even stonger, like sisters. KS will be forever in my heart!

What a beautiful moment, I was about to cry too, manly tears of course

10/10
PS. I fully understand why Layla cut her hair, but the style was atrocious

Antisocialsempai said:
I found it interesting how she cut off her hair. Does anyone know the symbolism being her doing so?
Women, when they go through a big change (dumping a boyfriend, enter to university, lost her job, the death of someone important), always cut their hair, I have seen it not only in media, but also in real life...it's literally a new image and a fresh start.
ManueLink64Aug 3, 2023 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.