Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2010 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
The headquarters of the MSRA Brightvale division. The ground floor contains public facilities, where people can submit reports on sightings and incidents involving mutants, and serves as the command center for all agents in the area. The second floor houses medical facilities for wounded agents, and the third floor holds labs. Going down, the first basement floor contains weapons storage, training, and research. The second basement floor holds captured mutants and has labs for studying them. Any large-scale research is generally done at the global headquarters, though.
AbstractCalamitySep 14, 2010 11:54 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 20, 2010 1:33 PM

Jun 2009
A pair stood in the hallway. One of the men was short and youthful and wore a suit, while the other was older and wore Jeans and a a T-shirt. "So the old man stuck you with me, did he?" the older one said, leaning against the wall. "Well, I can't say he chose poorly. You're in good hands, kid."

"Is that so?" The younger man replied.

The older man came away from the wall and stood proud. "You bet your ass! I've caught some of the toughest mutants around. Single handed! Remember that Frost character a couple years back? The one that could teleport? That was me who caught him. See, I knew he'd go right behind me, so I just waited for him and-"

"'Shot him three in the chest,'" the younger man interrupted. "Yes, I've heard that story before. Everyone has."

At that moment, Neal Brass came through a door next to the pair. "Here you are, Agent Jackson, your new badge. Try not to lose this one, okay? It's a lot of paperwork. Now, get back out there and finish your patrol."

The young man took the badge as the other man grabbed him around the shoulder and began marching towards the exit. "You heard him, let's get back out there."
Sep 30, 2010 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
Back in his office, Neal got about thirty seconds of peace before being called upon once again. An agent called in from surveillance, saying "sir, Agent Mikhail just phoned in. A hostile mutant has appeared at Murphy's Bar on third street. He has has been confirmed as armed and dangerous."

A sighting. Not unusual, but hostility was less usual. Still not unusual, but less usual nonetheless. "Thank you. I'll take it from here." Neal closed the line, sprang up from his chair, and hastily made his way towards the surveillance room. He was there in a matter of moments.

The agent he spoke to over the intercom greeted him. "We have three confirmed wounded, and three more aren't responding."

"Has the subject displayed any powers?" Neal asked.

"None yet, sir, but he seems to be a capable combatant."

"Description?"

"Young adult male of average height and weight wearing a black, hooded jacket."

"Get me Agent Rakka." Neal ordered, and within seconds, Agent Rakka was connected. "Agent Rakka, we've got a hostile mutant near Murphy's Bar on Third. Take anyone you need and pursue. Subject is a young adult male wearing a black hoody. Unknown powers. I'm authorizing the use of lethal force."
AbstractCalamityOct 5, 2010 8:40 PM
Oct 2, 2010 3:59 PM

Jan 2008
"Mmm... I wonder which office it is..." Yin muttered to himself as he wandered through the nearly identical halls of Brightvale's MSRA branch.

"They said to 'At least report your arrival to Agent Neal' but it would have been nice if they had extended the common courtesy of telling me how to contact him" he continued to himself as he turned a corner and nearly bumping into two other agents. He bowed slightly to the older of the two and continue down the hall.

He was about to turn another corner when he saw a taller man in a suit with brown hair whisk past him in a hurry and slip into a room labeled "Surveillance". Normally he'd mind his own business... but judging from the hurry the man was in he could tell it was urgent. Mutant sighting... I don't think she'd be so careless as this but...

He peeked his head into the surveillance room and let out a sigh of relief upon hearing the description of the mutant. Even so to authorize lethal force so lightly...

"Hey now don't you think lethal force is going a teensie bit overboard?"
Oct 2, 2010 10:21 PM

Jun 2009
Neal turned to face the source of the voice. It came from... well Neal wasn't quite sure whether they were a boy or girl, but it was a young person at the very least. "Some mutants are simply that dangerous. Besides, it was an authorization, not an order." Neal moved a little closer as he spoke, within a more comfortable speaking distance.

"Who...?" he started, but stopped to contemplate the answer to that question. The person's face was familiar. They wouldn't be let in if they weren't an agent, and yet Neal didn't think they were one of his subordinates. A visiting agent from another division, perhaps? No, that didn't seem right. Was I expecting a new agent? Ah, yes, I believe I was. And then it hit him. Yin. That was the name on a file that, mysteriously enough, did not specify male or female. And now that he had a good look at this person's face, it did match that of the picture in that file. "Ah, you must be Yin. I'm Neal Brass."
Oct 3, 2010 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
"Ah, lucky me then! I was looking for you myself!" He exclaimed with a smile and clapped his hands together.

He assumed a halfassed salute and lazily stated "Agent Yin reporting for duty... Specialty: Urban and hand to hand combat. Blah, blah, blah official crap" for he really hated formality since he saw it as rather pointless.

He glanced over at the monitors and placed his hand on his chin, analyzing the situation all the while talking to himself. "Hmm...The mutant is obviously hostile, and dangerous so I can't say he made a poor choice... even so... where's there's smoke there's fire. Chances are that a mutant is most likely to have comrades, it increases your chances of survival... he also may know..."

"Ah! Sorry about that... Its kind of a bad habit of mine. Please try not to mind it too much" he said apologetically as soon as he snapped back to reality.
Oct 6, 2010 2:24 PM

May 2010
Shobdub walked in, he had just woken up, he hadn't had his coffee, and his alarm had been too loud. He really didn't want to be here, but his contract was quite specific. If he was anything, it was pedantic, well sarcastic as well, but who was keeping score? He moved over to his desk and opened a drawer. He pulled out his 9mm. It may not have been good for hunting 'freaks' but it was his oldest companion.

He leant back in his chair and slid the gun into its own driver's seat, and buckled it in. He pulled out the latest report, and they were off.
Hey man, have you got the time? Can I bother you for a light?
Who me? I'm not the old town crier, I'm the one who sets it all on fire.
Gaea: A world Divided - The world has changed, and as humanity has evolved to survive, splits have formed. With gods and immortals, Robots and magic. Will you be able to make a mark for yourself, or will you just be crushed by the waves? Enter here and find out. -http://gaea.forumotion.com
Oct 8, 2010 8:32 PM

Jun 2009
"Down-to-earth, aren't you?" Neal said to Yin. "A decent analyst, too, from the sound of it. Just be careful. Even if you think you might know better, a group must function from the head down, otherwise it won't function at all." Neal turned to the agent he was speaking with a moment ago. "You have my orders, see them through. I have other business." He returned to Yin. "Now, if you'll follow me..." He led Yin out of the surveillance room and into his office. Laying on his desk was a badge, certifying a person as an agent of the MSRA. On it the name "Yin" was inscribed. Neal picked it up and handed it to Yin. "You seem eager to get to work, and capable enough, so I'll do you the favor of skipping the usual welcome speech, and right to the question and answer section. Any questions for me?"
Oct 10, 2010 8:14 PM

Jan 2008
Yin twirled the badge Neal had handed him in his hands and paced back and forth all the while mumbling to himself.

"Hmm... Its not really a question... no, wait I guess it is..." He stopped his pacing and faced Neal, but was avoiding eye contact for some reason. "

"You haven't had any... Agents go MIA lately have you or maybe AWOL? Like... a team of agents just up and vanishing in the middle of patrol or, say, ones that just never showed up to work again?".

He realized what he was asking was beyond suspicious and probably sounded like he was questioning Neal's competence but he had to confirm something... no matter what.
Oct 11, 2010 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
It was a strange question, one that Neal was certainly not expecting. What was Yin getting at? Was it just anxiety, maybe? That didn't seem right, but Neal could think of no other explanation. "There are casualties in this line of work, of course, but never in my experience has anything quite like that ever happened. We've had an individual agent or two disappear before, but never a whole team." He decided against inquiring on what prompted the question, and continued as usual. "Any other questions?"
Oct 11, 2010 9:27 PM

Jan 2008
"I see..."

Yin seemed rather relieved after he heard Neal's response. Yet still seemed to be deep in thought. He raised his hand to his chin and stared out the window.

"That's good... no... maybe that's bad... I mean, Its good nobody died but... dammit! Bloods the only trail they leave. Haa... I know, I know... no... I don't think she'd... yeah I guess so."

What he was doing now was different from his usual ramblings to himself. His accent was beginning to show and he was acting like he was having a conversation with someone who wasn't even there. As soon as he realized this he cleared his throat but continued to focus his gaze on the world beyond the glass window.

"Mmm...How well equipped are you?" he abruptly asked with a kind of dopey expression on his face.

"I mean... a gun... I'd like one... if its not too much trouble... I-Its totally fine if you said no. But... I'd like a railgun. If not a grenade launcher will do."

Yin had more than enough authority to simply walk in a take what he wanted but he asked anyway. A railgun would be best but he doubted they had one here. Besides he only had six rounds of specially made ammo, the outer shell would disintegrate after about 80 yards and its contents would spill out... EA-3167.

((OOC: EA-3167 is a powerful and long lasting anticholinergic deliriant. Less than a milligram of it can incapacitate a full grown male for around 6 days. Delivered in the form of a gas in this case.))
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Characters ( 1 2 )

AbstractCalamity - Sep 14, 2010

50 by -Forgotten- »»
Nov 3, 2010 1:55 AM

» Murphy's Bar

AbstractCalamity - Sep 24, 2010

23 by D-V »»
Oct 28, 2010 5:34 AM

» Arura Rave

Beowulf- - Oct 3, 2010

0 by Beowulf- »»
Oct 3, 2010 2:30 PM

» Daybreak Apartments

Beowulf- - Oct 3, 2010

0 by Beowulf- »»
Oct 3, 2010 2:17 PM

» Brightvale Apartments

Chotgoriin - Sep 18, 2010

19 by Chotgoriin »»
Sep 25, 2010 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.