Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2008 1:18 PM

Aug 2007
In order to promote this club we need anime/manga/characters relations. So if an anime or manga remind you of Stargate and you wish it to be related to this club, post it here.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 24, 2008 4:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
well no particular anime reminds me of stargate but here are some suggestions:

Anime:
-Noein : parallel world travel through gates in forms of rings. very good anime with a lot of quantum physics speculation. related to those time-travelling or parallel universe episodes of Stargate.
-Heroic Age: golden tribe = ancients, that is so obvious....EPIC space battles never seen before in HUGE proportions (thousands of frigates + motherships)
-Macross F (airing): at least we get space colonial city Macross Frontier = Atlantis????? Very good animation and space battles and of couse... ALIEN threat
-Kino's Journey: although this series HAS NOTHING to do with space, it tells the tale of Kino the Traveler travelling from one country to another. Each country has different values and culture and problems. It's very good and reminds me of the earlier SG1 seaasons where the team go to different planets and see different culture. Kino is EXACTLY in the same position and even find herself in similar situations found in Stargate.

These are the ones that come first in mind....

Manga:
I can't remember anything similar to stargate really....give me more time to think...I have read too much manga....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 25, 2008 8:40 AM

Aug 2007
I added them. I read the summery of all of them and I'd say they're kinda like Stargate. In Kino's Journey, just replace countries with planets, and you can see the relation.
Apr 26, 2008 7:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Did you watch any of them or plan to?

The first episode of Noein, Macross F and Heroic age are worth taking a look.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 29, 2008 5:46 PM

Aug 2007
I plan to watch Noein and Macross, but I'm not much of a mecha fan(means I hate mecha) so I'm unsure about Heroic Age
Apr 29, 2008 7:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ZinnKid said:
I plan to watch Noein and Macross, but I'm not much of a mecha fan(means I hate mecha) so I'm unsure about Heroic Age

Actually, Heroic age has nothing to do with mecha, as surprising as it sounds.

The series picture is really misleading.....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jun 3, 2008 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
SciFi Channel showed Noein on its "Ani-Monday" segment for a while, I don't know if they are still showing it or even if they are still doing "Ani-Monday". I saw the first episode and it was okay, but not quite cool enough for me to keep up with it.

Jun 21, 2008 9:47 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
I wonder if we should add Legend of Galactic Heroes in Club relations as well? It's very old (well not THAT old, only started 20 years ago...unlike MAcross or even older series of my parents' generation)

Also, Terra e is also suitable for club relations.....

They are both very good space opera....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Character on Stargate Atlantis

ZinnKid - Mar 24, 2008

13 by KateWins »»
Mar 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Poll: » Favorite Character on Stargate SG-1

ZinnKid - Mar 24, 2008

19 by Luxtress »»
Oct 10, 2011 11:21 PM

» If you could join the Stargate Program.....

Sayalol - Aug 14, 2008

9 by INSANE-Mellow »»
Sep 16, 2010 9:21 PM

» When did you start watching Stargate?

wakka9ca - Apr 24, 2008

14 by INSANE-Mellow »»
Sep 16, 2010 6:47 PM

» Stargate Space Conflict 0.75

wakka9ca - Jul 5, 2008

1 by imperlast »»
Sep 15, 2010 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.