Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2010 2:29 PM
Jun 2010
Hey im just wondering, i just watched the first episode of Gundam 00 and its really weird. It feels like im missing out something.

So here are my questions.

1) Is there something before Gundam 00 that i should watch in order to fully understand the story.

2) What is the difference between 00 and seed? Which is better.

3) Should i continue watching 00, im a bit skeptical as usual but i want to know if its a waste of time or if its really worth the watch.

Thank you!
Sep 3, 2010 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
1. No, 00 has no connection to other Gundam series (except for some small homage which only a few hardcore Gundam fans might notice). Of course this is providing that what you watched is the first season of 00.

2. Both have their own good aspects and bad aspects. SEED has more emphasis on character relations while 00 has more emphasis on story.

3. Up to you, I did watch it til the end and thought it was good, until I watched other older Gundam series.
Sep 3, 2010 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
00 is in 2307
seed is in C.E. 71

00 is the closest gundam to our actual time period and thus the plot is related to issues you see today (middle east energy crisis) (western economical problems) (etc)

00 Is DEFFINATLY the better of the two if your are aiming for the fast paced tactics that seed lacks. but seed places emphasis on the characters relationships more.

seed is more of a run and gun whereas 00 has things that they purposefully hide from the viewer so that when they show it its more OMG THAT WAS AWESOME~! 00 also has a definite conflict in power and makes the viewer question who is the good guy and who is the bad guy with lots of plot twists and forced hands.

to answer your first question - no there is nothing you need to watch first to see 00
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2010 3:39 PM

May 2010
Gundam 00 had no relation to the other Gundam series as it is a stand alone project. I do recommend it over the other Gundam series such as Seed and Wing since its plot is fairly well done with a good dose of politics, music is freakishly awesome and the main characters are not whiny/emo like their counterparts in Seed and Wing and it takes place in our timeline, a few hundred years from now. Season 1 of 00 does start off a bit slow, but does get a lot better later one and season 2 is amazing.

If you want to watch another Gundam series, I would recommend anything from the original UC timeline such as Zeta. If you want another stand alone like 00, check out Gundam X. It is probably one of the best metaseries along with 00.
Sep 3, 2010 3:57 PM

Feb 2005
Haven't seen 00, but I cannot possibly imagine it would be worse than SEED, so I'd recommend you go with that.

Though most of all I'd rather recommend 0079 followed by 0080, 0083, MS IGLOO and Zeta.
The UC timeline with the One Year War and it's related conflicts is by far the deepest and most immersible Gundam setting around.
Sep 3, 2010 4:44 PM

Sep 2010
OtherGuyX said:
Hey im just wondering, i just watched the first episode of Gundam 00 and its really weird. It feels like im missing out something.

1) Is there something before Gundam 00 that i should watch in order to fully understand the story.

3) Should i continue watching 00, im a bit skeptical as usual but i want to know if its a waste of time or if its really worth the watch.

Thank you!

1) No. There's spinoff manga that you can read after watching it though (00V, 00P). Typical AU fanfare, no need to watch anything else to get into it.

2) The difference is that 00 didn't suck. Well, at least the first season didn't.

3) Continue watching if the first half of the first season interested you, but prepared to be disappointed by the second season. Especially the ending.
Sep 3, 2010 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Baman said:
Haven't seen 00, but I cannot possibly imagine it would be worse than SEED, so I'd recommend you go with that.

Though most of all I'd rather recommend 0079 followed by 0080, 0083, MS IGLOO and Zeta.
The UC timeline with the One Year War and it's related conflicts is by far the deepest and most immersible Gundam setting around.

If you're okay with bland,personality-less main characters like in Wing, then you should try watch 00. At least the story is a bit better (speaking for season 1, 2 is worse IMO).

You forgot ZZ and CCA. As bad as ZZ starts, I think the story gets better near the end, and it relates more to the main story in other series. At least Unicorn relates a lot to ZZ. CCA is a must watch for Char and Amuro fanboy, which I am one.
Sep 3, 2010 4:59 PM

Oct 2007
OtherGuyX said:

Thank you!

1)Nope 1st episode is like most anime episode - an introduction to the series :/

2)Loads of differences - Just think of it as a different time in another universe.

3)Don't judge by the first episode, at least watch the first 5. I think the first episode of 00 was pretty good imo. Seed will take awhile to get used to though.
Sep 3, 2010 5:01 PM

Sep 2010
Kinda off topic but

Myanimelist.net said:
Anime compatibility with RedSuisei is: 92.0%

We're so awesome unf unf unf
Sep 3, 2010 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Speaking of Gundam 00, how did a bunch of unstable childish goons that made up the Trinity got their hands on imba mobile suits? My memory suck. And why, for heaven's sake, did they gave unstable childish goons in the first place? Than like, ya know, people who are more responsible, not as insane, and not like one of those idiots who destroy a party gathering just for the hell of it. Hell, even Ali Al-Sachez wasn't that bitchy. Or maybe he was, but just didn't sound like a bitch.
TachiiSep 3, 2010 5:36 PM
Sep 3, 2010 5:55 PM

May 2010
Tachii said:
Speaking of Gundam 00, how did a bunch of unstable childish goons that made up the Trinity got their hands on imba mobile suits? My memory suck. And why, for heaven's sake, did they gave unstable childish goons in the first place? Than like, ya know, people who are more responsible, not as insane, and not like one of those idiots who destroy a party gathering just for the hell of it. Hell, even Ali Al-Sachez wasn't that bitchy. Or maybe he was, but just didn't sound like a bitch.

It was vaguely explained, but the Trinity siblings were basically reject Innovator clones. While they were annoying, the fight between Graham and Johann was just awesome. Who knew they would finally have a non-Gundam unit kick a Gundam's ass?
Sep 3, 2010 6:15 PM

Jun 2008
Any fight with Graham in it was badass. On the other hand, everytime I see Nina, I just want to punch her in the face, really effing hard.
TachiiSep 3, 2010 6:18 PM
Sep 3, 2010 6:23 PM

Jul 2010
...ok so. I now have decided to do another marathon. similar to my 1-275 episodes of bleach.

im going to watch every episode of every gundam series minus OVA's
(movies included though cause the movies are EPIC.)

im going to do it "chronologically"
This. Is going to be awesome. Yet an even stupider thing than the bleach marathon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2010 6:24 PM

Sep 2010
TraumaHunter said:
...ok so. I now have decided to do another marathon. similar to my 1-275 episodes of bleach.

This. Is going to be awesome. Yet an even stupider thing than the bleach marathon.

I think doing it chronologically outside of the UC timeline will be rather difficult since they're not meant to be watched in any particular order >_>
Sep 3, 2010 6:26 PM

Jul 2010
MagitekElite said:
TraumaHunter said:

I think doing it chronologically outside of the UC timeline will be rather difficult since they're not meant to be watched in any particular order >_>

hense the quotes
Sep 3, 2010 6:28 PM

Jul 2009
BTW, when watching Gundam 00, the battle is much more entertaining and is usually not one-sided. You see Gundams who were super powerful in the beginning owning grunt mobile suits, and then later on in the series, you actually see those grunt mobile suits getting better weaponry and enhancement to better combat and even overwhelm the Gundams. That way, the entire series won't be entirely one-sided to the Gundams in terms of combat.
Sep 3, 2010 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
World_Ender said:
BTW, when watching Gundam 00, the battle is much more entertaining and is usually not one-sided. You see Gundams who were super powerful in the beginning owning grunt mobile suits, and then later on in the series, you actually see those grunt mobile suits getting better weaponry and enhancement to better combat and even overwhelm the Gundams. That way, the entire series won't be entirely one-sided to the Gundams in terms of combat.

I think you forgot the Trans-Am Raiser.

QUANTIZING UNF UNF UNNNF
Sep 3, 2010 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
MagitekElite said:
World_Ender said:

I think you forgot the Trans-Am Raiser.

QUANTIZING UNF UNF UNNNF

LOL ugh so sexy..
Sep 3, 2010 6:33 PM

Jun 2008
I think you forgot Graham was like the only dude who had a chance of owning Gundams.
Sep 3, 2010 6:34 PM

Jun 2010
Tachii said:
Any fight with Graham in it was badass. On the other hand, everytime I see Nina, I just want to punch her in the face, really effing hard.

I have to agree with ya Tachii. Nina is annoying. I laughed when she got her butt handed to her in season 2.
Sep 3, 2010 6:43 PM

Jul 2010
Seraveean said:
Tachii said:

I have to agree with ya Tachii. Nina is annoying. I laughed when

cough cough cough cough spoiler
Sep 3, 2010 7:28 PM

Jun 2008
TraumaHunter said:
Seraveean said:
Tachii said:

That's nothing. I can't tell if she died, got injured, lost a fight, or what. I mean, bad dudes always get their butt handed to them, right? Especially rage-inducing unstable girls? Riiiiight?
Sep 4, 2010 5:42 AM
Jun 2010
TraumaHunter said:
Seraveean said:
Tachii said:

well atleast you put a damn spoiler tag on. Some assholes just say what happens.

Anyawys thanks for replying everyone. Ive got my answer and im gonna watch more gundam 00. I was just choosing between seed and 00 since i have never even heard of Gundam series before so im new and everything.

Anyawys its probs gonna be awesome. Off to episode 2!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.