Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2009 11:45 PM

Nov 2008
In my case, the first GONZO series I watched was Saikano, but it was Burst Angel the one that impressed me. The wonderful action scenes, plus the beautiful character designs by Ugetsu Hakua were a killer combination. Later, Last Exile confirmed the great quality of this studio.
rokuroAug 30, 2009 11:48 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 6, 2009 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
The poll is dreadfully incomplete desu. :-|

Anyway, I watched and loved several anime made by Gonzo, but my most favorite is surely Gankutsuou, which, ironically, is the latest Gonzo anime I watched.
Last Exile, Blue Submarine # 6, Romeo x Juliet, and Samurai 7 are great, too.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Sep 8, 2009 12:53 AM

Feb 2008
I voted for Gankutsuou, since it's one of my fave animes of all time. I always recommend people, who haven't seen it yet, to watch it, because they're seriously missing a lot.
The story and graphics are awesome. It makes you feel happy, angry, sad, surprised, a bit confused too.. All kinds of emotions, which in my opinion makes a good anime. c: I fully enjoyed watching it.

I'm yet to watch Last Exile, only seen one episode years ago, but it looks very promising. Loving the steampunk theme. ♥
Sep 8, 2009 3:11 AM
Jul 2018
NHK ni Yokoso!, Seto no Hanayome, Saki. Strike Witches was unexpectedly good.
Uh and I didn't know they did Rosaban as well :3
Sep 8, 2009 12:27 PM

Nov 2008
shikibu said:
I voted for Gankutsuou, since it's one of my fave animes of all time. I always recommend people, who haven't seen it yet, to watch it, because they're seriously missing a lot.
The story and graphics are awesome. It makes you feel happy, angry, sad, surprised, a bit confused too.. All kinds of emotions, which in my opinion makes a good anime. c: I fully enjoyed watching it.

I'm yet to watch Last Exile, only seen one episode years ago, but it looks very promising. Loving the steampunk theme. ♥

Last Exile is great!!!! The characters are unforgettable and the story is intriguing. Ah, and I love steampunk too.

HoaRy said:
NHK ni Yokoso!, Seto no Hanayome, Saki. Strike Witches was unexpectedly good.
Uh and I didn't know they did Rosaban as well :3

NHK ni Yokoso! I'll watch the final episode tonight... Looks like it's going to be tragic.
Nov 5, 2009 3:38 PM

Feb 2009
Wellcome to the NHK! , Speed Grapher ,Romeo x Juliet and Seto no Hanayome mostly,i think...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 8, 2009 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
ChaosLegion said:
Wellcome to the NHK! , Speed Grapher ,Romeo x Juliet and Seto no Hanayome mostly,i think...

I'm ready to watch Seto no Hanayome, many people recommended it to me
Feb 8, 2010 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
Basilisk and Samurai 7 got me head over heels in love with Gonzo =)) Since that it's been a healthy relationship lolz =Pp

Join My Club Shigurui - Death Frenzy (Still in construction)
Aug 15, 2010 1:40 PM
Dec 2009
Hm, the first GONZO anime I watched was Hellsing, but I got hooked up on the studio after watching Gantz and I planned to watch everything connected to that studio after watching Blassreiter (even though it has many haters ^.^'').
Aug 18, 2010 9:17 PM

Nov 2008
SaburoPL said:
Hm, the first GONZO anime I watched was Hellsing, but I got hooked up on the studio after watching Gantz and I planned to watch everything connected to that studio after watching Blassreiter (even though it has many haters ^.^'').

Don't worry, none of them haters are here!!! Blassreiter was awesome.
Jun 11, 2011 12:50 AM

Mar 2009
Hands down, what won them my respect was Romeo x Juliet, but I had watched Vandread years before that, and that one was fun.
Graph provided to verify that I am a CERTIFIED pretentious jerk.
Sep 27, 2011 3:04 AM
Sep 2011
Full Metal Panic! was the one that made me appreciate GONZO, but I only really became a fan after Strike Witches.
Oct 17, 2011 11:23 PM

Nov 2008
Really? COOL, you are a boss (like me! LOL) Full Metal Panic and Strike Witches reign in my heart (together with Gankutsuou and Speed Grapher... and Solty Rei... You know, EVERYTHING GONZO!! ^_^ )
Oct 22, 2011 7:23 PM
Sep 2011
The only ones I've seen are Gankutsuou and Romeo X Juliet.
Nov 14, 2011 3:07 AM
Sep 2011
rokuro said:
Really? COOL, you are a boss (like me! LOL) Full Metal Panic and Strike Witches reign in my heart (together with Gankutsuou and Speed Grapher... and Solty Rei... You know, EVERYTHING GONZO!! ^_^ )

Like a boss :3
Apr 19, 2012 11:27 AM
Feb 2012
i voted for burst angel which i loved, meg is so cute
Jun 13, 2012 7:50 PM

Jul 2008
Last Exile was the first anime besides Evangelion I was exposed to. One of the first shows I bought on DVD with my first job. So many memories. After that, I decided to try a couple more Gonzo titles to see if the quality remained high: Zaion, Chrono Crusade, Kaleido Star, Peacemaker Kurogane. All good titles, especially CC and KS. Then I got out of anime for a little bit. Don't know why.

When I came back, I started hearing about Gantz and bought those DVDs as they came out. Great stuff! Enjoyed it as much as Last Exile. After that, I was determined to check out the rest of their works. As of now, I'm really far behind, but I'll get there... someday. lol

There's only three studios works I really follow: Gonzo Digimation, Studio Bones, and Xebec. Well, besides Studio Ghibli. :p
Jun 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Nov 2008
NeoBasch said:
Last Exile was the first anime besides Evangelion I was exposed to. One of the first shows I bought on DVD with my first job. So many memories. After that, I decided to try a couple more Gonzo titles to see if the quality remained high: Zaion, Chrono Crusade, Kaleido Star, Peacemaker Kurogane. All good titles, especially CC and KS. Then I got out of anime for a little bit. Don't know why.

When I came back, I started hearing about Gantz and bought those DVDs as they came out. Great stuff! Enjoyed it as much as Last Exile. After that, I was determined to check out the rest of their works. As of now, I'm really far behind, but I'll get there... someday. lol

There's only three studios works I really follow: Gonzo Digimation, Studio Bones, and Xebec. Well, besides Studio Ghibli. :p

Well said, I like those studios, too (add AIC and it's perfect!! LOL)
Mar 12, 2013 4:05 PM
Jun 2010
Last Exile, Kaleido Star and Pinky Street.
Jan 4, 2014 5:39 PM

Nov 2008
hsuzumiya said:

WHOA!!! How could I forget Kaleido Star?? That was a terrific show.
Sep 10, 2014 9:59 AM
Jun 2007
rokuro said:
hsuzumiya said:

WHOA!!! How could I forget Kaleido Star?? That was a terrific show.

Thanks for recommendation
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Funimation licensed Rosario + Vampire

rokuro - May 21, 2010

1 by Setsuna200 »»
Jun 17, 2010 8:19 AM

Poll: » GONZO not going to animate Strike Witches 2

rokuro - Nov 27, 2009

1 by decho »»
Feb 22, 2010 4:15 AM

» Primetime Emmy Award for Afro Samurai: Resurrection

rokuro - Sep 15, 2009

2 by rokuro »»
Sep 17, 2009 10:19 AM

» "Gonzo Style" Online Store to be closed september 30

rokuro - Sep 12, 2009

2 by rokuro »»
Sep 14, 2009 10:45 AM

» Fan art and/or pictures here

rokuro - Sep 4, 2009

0 by rokuro »»
Sep 4, 2009 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.