Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2010 10:54 PM
Sep 2008
Title sums it all up. Fleshing out a school rp in here. Toss your ideas in. One thing I will say though:

Realistic ideas. Roleplaying fantasy related stuff is great, but we already have plans for a magic school, so this will be a bit on the non-fiction side... Either that or not over the top magic...

Hoping to not only get people talking and active, but to draw in other roleplayers too. By the way, this will be paragraph roleplay. None of that cheap asterisk one liner shit. Nobody likes that.
nuggerJul 18, 2010 3:34 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 12, 2010 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Well...

I think it should take place in a school. And players would be either students or teachers. There would be grades and stuff and social drama.

Also ,Communists would invade.
Jul 12, 2010 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Also, it should take place in America, because the only HS RPs I ever see are Japanese.

Less Nanodesuwa High, more PATRIOTVILLE SCHOOL FOR WINNARS
Jul 12, 2010 11:08 PM
Sep 2008
Hmm, I think somewhere other than Japan would be a good idea, but if it's somewhere where people speak English, Evan's retardedness and broken whateverlanguage would be less funny.

But I guess he's still a retard when he's teaching in US, UK, JP, FR, WHATEVER.

Lol communists.
Jul 12, 2010 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
funny thing about highschools... I think i have more exposure to japanese HS from animu/mango/sims than I do to my own highschool life. It's pretty funny if I think about it. Besides, with american schools, you don't get school festivals and obon xD

But I agree that somewhere besides Japan would be nice.
Jul 13, 2010 3:52 AM

Feb 2007
I'm anti-school RP, but if anyone can get it to work without it looking like some retarded mess on one of those other RP clubs, it's Stellar.

I'm all for a school set somewhere other than Japan (Nanodesuwa; rejected). How does your class system work in US High Schools? In my High School in Australia we had 6 classes per semester, English and Maths compulsory.
Jul 13, 2010 8:22 AM

Nov 2007
We have up to 7 per semester, with various classes required. freshman year is math, writing, health/world geo, PE + 3 others

after that it's history, math, writing until senior year where math is optional.
That'shere in cali anyway.
Jul 13, 2010 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
hmm how about a student council thing? in an all girls school! XD
Jul 13, 2010 7:54 PM
Sep 2008
theegplanthunter said:
We have up to 7 per semester, with various classes required. freshman year is math, writing, health/world geo, PE + 3 others

after that it's history, math, writing until senior year where math is optional.
That'shere in cali anyway.

^This is pretty much it. Although we didn't really have health required as it's a half semester here and anything relating to history and geography is sophmore year + for us.

What school district in CA?

zjhentohlauedy said:
hmm how about a student council thing? in an all girls school! XD

First off, student council really isn't a big thing outside of Japan it seems, as over here, stateside, student council is just for the nerds that get into good colleges... and I wish I was one of them back then. Aside from that, an all girls school for a roleplay leads to stereotypical Japanese school roleplay. I can already see it. So no. It will be a co-ed school. All the guys will want a girls school and all the girls will want a guys school, but we need to appeal to everybody. So definitely no. Needs to be more... unique rather than predictable.
Jul 13, 2010 8:15 PM

Feb 2007
Class system seems similar enough. Guess you guys had more compulsory subjects to do. I don't think I would like to be forced to do history.

Since most of the people here are from the US, it would make sense that the RP should take place there. Don't have to spend more time figuring out how the school system works in another country.

UndeadCosmonaut said:
There would be grades and stuff and social drama.

Grades; yes. A+
Stuff; here's some events off the top of my head. Sport carnivals, academic competitions (spelling, maths, all that nerdy stuff), American Football/Cheerleading, talent quests, art/music exhibitions, award ceremonies.

What about clubs? It's big in Japan, but I don't know how it works in the US (if it does at all).

Social Drama; I don't even want to think about that right now.
Jul 13, 2010 8:38 PM

Mar 2008
hmm should we start with like a single class or something first?

or since there's only a handful of people it could be a really exclusive elite school
Jul 13, 2010 10:06 PM
Sep 2008
BlueYoshi said:
Class system seems similar enough. Guess you guys had more compulsory subjects to do. I don't think I would like to be forced to do history.

Since most of the people here are from the US, it would make sense that the RP should take place there. Don't have to spend more time figuring out how the school system works in another country.

UndeadCosmonaut said:
There would be grades and stuff and social drama.

Grades; yes. A+
Stuff; here's some events off the top of my head. Sport carnivals, academic competitions (spelling, maths, all that nerdy stuff), American Football/Cheerleading, talent quests, art/music exhibitions, award ceremonies.

What about clubs? It's big in Japan, but I don't know how it works in the US (if it does at all).

Social Drama; I don't even want to think about that right now.

Clubs are big over in US too. There's all kinds of clubs in most highschools like sports related, culture related, and so on.

zjhentohlauedy said:
hmm should we start with like a single class or something first?

or since there's only a handful of people it could be a really exclusive elite school

I imagine that if we did homeroom with most of the roleplayers that choose students, that'd be fine. As for elite school, elite schools here are pretty filled. Aside from that, it sounds like everyone there would be super smart and forced to be the same type of characters with a few quirks here and there... Also there's a lot of generic japaneesu animu rps that have elite schools as the base, so I think we should do a regular public school, seeing it not only gives diversity in what characters you could create (jock, cheerleader, goth, nerd, whatever you want, vs a bunch of stuck ups that want to go to school to compete over who will get the best math score). You can also create FAR MORE DRAMA that way, and that's what school rps are really all about.

And yes, feel free to create mini-Izayas if you wish
Jul 14, 2010 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
@StellarCombo69

That would be the los gatos saratoga unified high school district.

Would we be doing out of class things? Like each chars. lives/weekends or are we limiting the AO to the school?
Jul 15, 2010 3:15 AM
Sep 2008
O damn you're in Central CA. Coastal or Valleys?

;_; Inland Empire here in socal. Chino Valley Unified School District.

Also, hmm... I'm undecided about limiting it or not. Maybe we should do a bit of afterschool/weekends/vacations, and chars can bump into eachother in town once in a while or something?
Jul 15, 2010 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
Valley cause we are nowhere near any large non-artificial bodies of water.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anymore and we risk diluting the rp. Unless we made some sorta turn limit like each char gets one post of outside school stuff in a certain time frame each day but that's complicated.
Jul 15, 2010 9:22 PM
Sep 2008
Hmm, I don't think we should limit it to only one post of activities outside of school, cause there can be some interesting run ins while out, but I don't see any reason for posting something like " XXX sat in her room and watched anime all weekend," cause it doesn't help the roleplay. It just provides useless information. We can also work out bumping into eachother in town, like saying "okay who has weekend plans" in a discussion thread. Someone says "Oh I was thinking of heading to the movies." Then someone can also be at the movies. Y'know, running into people in town. It happens all the time to me. I see old friends everywhere lol.
Jul 16, 2010 7:14 PM

Sep 2009
I usually bump into people from school at the dollar store ell oh ell
Jul 17, 2010 3:25 PM
Sep 2008
So should we start working out the details for this roleplay?
Jul 17, 2010 4:41 PM

Feb 2007
StellarCombo69 said:
So should we start working out the details for this roleplay?

Go ahead.
Jul 17, 2010 4:52 PM
Sep 2008
Okay first we're going to need a location, somewhere in the states, and a name for said highschool. Days will consist of either 6 or 7 periods. Aside from that, how many of you plan on being students and how many of you plan on being teachers. At the moment, the character I'm currently about to work with is a Teacher, I plan on having him being the "Home room" teacher (for those of you who don't know what homeroom is, homeroom is basically when you get all your flyers, all your main attendance for the day is taken, announcements regarding the school are made, etc. Homeroom is also where you go in case of an emergency), if this is alright with you all.

Most of this roleplay will take place in school and it will focus around grades, drama, clubs, and related, with side information given for weekends and afterschool, every once in a while. You're allowed to play up to 2 characters, but if you do decide that one will be a teacher (which we need to limit), you're only allowed to do one. The priority is to have a good handful of students rather than a ton of teachers and nobody to teach (it's not like any learning will be done anyways).

The type of roleplay that this will be is short paragraphs. Meaning you can get away with writing a paragraph or two but you don't have to go into a full out essay. No asterisk shit. No one liners. All of that will be deleted. Please don't bring that here. Aside from that you can make your posts as dramatic or comedic as you like. Feel free to be whatever type of student you want to be, whether it be chess club goer, to video gamer who does no homework to dumbass jock surrounded by a harem of cheerleaders.

Also, please invite people.

This sound good everyone?
Jul 17, 2010 5:05 PM

Feb 2007
StellarCombo69 said:
Okay first we're going to need a location, somewhere in the states, and a name for said highschool. Days will consist of either 6 or 7 periods. Aside from that, how many of you plan on being students and how many of you plan on being teachers. At the moment, the character I'm currently about to work with is a Teacher, I plan on having him being the "Home room" teacher (for those of you who don't know what homeroom is, homeroom is basically when you get all your flyers, all your main attendance for the day is taken, announcements regarding the school are made, etc. Homeroom is also where you go in case of an emergency), if this is alright with you all.

Most of this roleplay will take place in school and it will focus around grades, drama, clubs, and related, with side information given for weekends and afterschool, every once in a while. You're allowed to play up to 2 characters, but if you do decide that one will be a teacher (which we need to limit), you're only allowed to do one. The priority is to have a good handful of students rather than a ton of teachers and nobody to teach (it's not like any learning will be done anyways).

The type of roleplay that this will be is short paragraphs. Meaning you can get away with writing a paragraph or two but you don't have to go into a full out essay. No asterisk shit. No one liners. All of that will be deleted. Please don't bring that here. Aside from that you can make your posts as dramatic or comedic as you like. Feel free to be whatever type of student you want to be, whether it be chess club goer, to video gamer who does no homework to dumbass jock surrounded by a harem of cheerleaders.

Also, please invite people.

This sound good everyone?

Yep, sounds good. With sounds (ignore this, Wha Chow joke).

I guess all I know at the moment surrounding my participation is that I'm going to do one character only, definitely a student.
Jul 17, 2010 9:25 PM
Sep 2008
Yeah, I plan to use 1 character at the moment too...

Hmm, I think we should choose somewhere west coast, or with a beach. Sound good?
Jul 17, 2010 11:31 PM

Nov 2007
beaches LOL, "okay class, screw math, lets hit the beach"
I think I'll take 1, maybe a teach but if there are too many, then I'll go with a student. Doesnt really matter to me all that much one way of the other.

And avoid santa clara and surrounding areas cause they are boring as heck.
Jul 18, 2010 12:48 AM
Sep 2008
Ah, after talking in MSN, we've, myself yoshi jsch and UC that is, decided on "Feldspar High" after the idea of "Emerald Coast high." Due to inside jokes, mainly. But yeah. North CA. Coastal. Feldspar. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Jul 19, 2010 1:33 AM

Feb 2007
Alright, next we better see who wants to be a teacher, and who wants to be a student. So far:

BlueYoshi: Student
Stellar: Teacher
UC:
Preci:
egplant: Happy to be a teacher or student
Zen:
Orange (hey, how about doing something on this club?):
Spyro (stop saying hi all the time):

And etc.
Jul 19, 2010 4:09 AM

Mar 2008
imma be a student \o/

The kind that likes picking up girls and stuff D:
Jul 19, 2010 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Stellar and I agreed that I would be the stoner kid, so mark me down for a student.
Jul 19, 2010 8:23 AM

Sep 2009
That-one-kid-everyone-sees-around-but-you-never-really-spoke-to
Jul 19, 2010 11:00 PM

Feb 2007
BlueYoshi: Student
Stellar: Teacher
UC: Student
Preci: Student
egplant: Happy to be a teacher or student
Zen: Student

Well, that's everyone active in the club accounted for.
Jul 19, 2010 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
someone should hunt down your old SNYW. 6 people? that's like..... 40% of my normal class size even if everyone played 2 students and a teacher....
Jul 20, 2010 4:20 PM
Sep 2008
@Yoshi: Orange already bitched in msn over participating. As for Jsch, I'll force him into submission
Jul 24, 2010 9:29 PM

Feb 2007
Jsch. Forced. Into Submission.

Alright, if you want to do a character sheet, you're free to do so.
Jul 28, 2010 9:58 PM
Sep 2008
Asked him to help but even now, he hasn't helped much
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» I can do rp

nugger - Mar 14, 2013

0 by nugger »»
Mar 14, 2013 7:50 PM

» Green Midget Cafe ( 1 2 )

nugger - May 26, 2010

86 by BlueYoshi »»
Sep 26, 2011 9:31 AM

» (Fiction) For What You Believe In <(title subject to change)

theegplanthunter - Jul 10, 2010

3 by theegplanthunter »»
Sep 6, 2010 9:06 PM

» TALE CRAFT

zjhentohlauedy - Jul 13, 2010

3 by theegplanthunter »»
Jul 16, 2010 11:56 PM

Sticky: » Opinions and Discussion on SNYW's Fiction

BlueYoshi - Jul 15, 2010

0 by BlueYoshi »»
Jul 15, 2010 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.