Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2010 5:05 PM

Mar 2008
Which do people prefer?

I liked the manga better, especially since it got completely released here in the U.S.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 28, 2015 8:57 PM
Apr 2015
I'm only about round near the end of the Black Saint arc, and I dunno which version I prefer.
Dec 28, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
I prefer the anime, it's such a classic.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jul 4, 2016 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
Toddler_Naruto said:
Which do people prefer?

I liked the manga better, especially since it got completely released here in the U.S.

How good are the translations for the manga? I've been tempted to pick it up but some of it annoyed me xD Like how they translated Cygnus to Swan for no reason >.>

Sep 17, 2016 7:55 PM
May 2012
Cygnus is latinized Greek for Swan, so there is a reason lol
Nov 27, 2016 8:19 AM
Feb 2016
Manga easily.

The anime is good visually and the OST is easily top 3 of all time(i'm not exaggerating) but the filler and completely different story at some points is just terrible.

The characters in the anime are genuine shit, Saori gets kidnapped all the time while in the manga she has a stronger personality. For example after the Sanctuary she completely awakens as Athena, she decides to go to Poseidon, she decides to follow Hades and in the end she's the one that wins those battles because of strategies, in the manga the saints DO most of the fighting but all they do is because they're basically Athena's pawns(though not in a bad way).

Seiya in the anime asspulls wins every time, he almost never loses and whatnot. He loses a lot in the manga. In the anime he's kinda boring, he's a lot more fun in the manga, teasing oponents and beating the shit out of them when he's pissed off.

Asides from that like I said, filler(and poor pacing). The anime has a lot of filler, the steel saints, the crystal saint, asgard but it doesn't stop there, there's filler even in canon arcs, for example the end of the sanctuary and poseidon is different, the fights in the black saint arc are different, some fights in the sanctuary are different, the reason why the Saggi gold armor looked different is never explained in the anime while it's explained in the manga. Shiryu gets his ass kicked by some random wolves in a filler, when saints can destroy stars and surpass the speed of light since the sanctuary, it's just funny.

The final arc was compeltely butchered by Toei, Hades saga anime is awful after the sanctuary with slideshow animation.

Censorship, a lot of gore/blood was censored.

And to finish, the cloths in the anime are pretty but they're not as good, you can check the design for Milo's armor in the manga and compare it to the anime, it's so flat in the anime, it has no detail like it's some sort of paper thin armor, in the manga cloths and especially gold cloths are these huge thick chunks of armor. Every cloth has a million details in the manga too.

E96825Feb 19, 2018 8:51 AM
Nov 27, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2016
I prefer manga for commodity, but the both have theirs to standing out one for the other if you know how to do it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 1 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 26, 2012

5 by AndersonMSz »»
Dec 26, 2022 11:07 AM

» Where to read the original chapters?

Henriqueta - Sep 11, 2022

2 by Henriqueta »»
Sep 12, 2022 6:17 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 110 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 26, 2017

6 by hypermegakakar »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:34 PM

» Saint Seiya Manga Ending Question (Spoilers)

removed-user - Aug 11, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 11, 2022 12:24 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Chapter 98 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 10, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.