Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2010 5:44 PM

Oct 2008
Ever since I watched Mars of Destruction there's been this empty spot where anime like Mars of Destruction needs to go. It was only one episode long and while brilliant, left me wanting much, much more of the show. I unfortunately haven't managed to find any anime that picks up where MoD drops off, but I have found what I believe to be the direct predecessor of MoD. MD Geist is perhaps the second best anime I've ever seen. The depth they put in to Geist's character is nearly on the same level as Girl Who Got Her Head Blown Off. The character growth and development of the character relations are also stunning and heart wrenching. On top of that, the ending is completely unexpected, and the only way I can imagine ending it. I highly recommend it to any MoD fan.

Anyone know of any other similarly brilliant anime?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 23, 2010 10:28 AM
May 2009
When I first saw Mars of Destruction, I thought I would never find anything quite so amazing. But then I saw a short, experimental anime from the 1960s called Human Zoo... exquisite. It blew even MoD away with its deep, psychological symbolism and its breath-taking animation. You would never guess it was made in the 60s! It makes a brilliant commentary on the relationships between men and women- some equal partners, some less so... A true masterpiece to be viewed by all, and only 2 minutes in length!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Get your Mars of Destruction Fan Club Membercards here! ( 1 2 )

kevo - Sep 4, 2009

63 by I-401 »»
Sep 6, 2016 5:48 AM

Poll: » What aspect of MoD did you enjoy the most?

Takai - Feb 7, 2009

30 by Toa_of_Gallifrey »»
Feb 27, 2016 5:29 PM

Poll: » Who is your favorite character?

kevo - Dec 12, 2008

46 by Rakaxo »»
Jan 14, 2015 3:24 PM

Sticky: » Mars of Destruction: Great anime, or the greatest?

kevo - Dec 18, 2008

19 by loxiw »»
Jan 15, 2011 5:32 PM

» The second by second review of MoD (squad)

Dabchu - Jan 2, 2010

1 by Dabchu »»
Jan 6, 2010 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.