Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2010 12:18 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so he took out the leading delinquent and learns about love at first sight- i can see this being serialized
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 18, 2010 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
Eh, I thought it was too unoriginal. I also think it's a bad idea to go the whole delinquent route when Beelzebub is doing well.
Mar 18, 2010 6:36 PM

Sep 2008
It's a bad idea to follow something popular? Since when? This is how most things work. I mean, it's fairly rare to see something that's actually original.

Besides, delinquent stuff is popular in Japan, or at least, it was, I'm not sure if it's popular nowadays.

The one-shot itself was mediocre, in my opinion. It's good (and cliché) enough to be a one-shot, serialization isn't out-ruled either, but they shouldn't bother. I would read it if it would get serialized, but I wouldn't care less if it wasn't.

The characters ain't nothing special, we've seen it all before in tons of other media, but then again, something original is a pain-in-the-ass to create.

And uhm, I didn't see the answer in the one-shot, maybe I did but I forgot immediately, but.. what the hell is a "swot"?

(Rated 5 (Average) out of 10 btw.)
Mar 18, 2010 7:28 PM

Apr 2008
^Beelzebub is easily one of the best newest series Jump has seen so for it would be hard for another delinquent manga to do as well. So yes, I don't think it would be smart to go the delinquent route yet. Beelzebub is still new so unless you have a delinquent story that's extraordinary (which this isn't) it wouldn't be wise to do so. But that's my opinion.
Mar 19, 2010 11:01 PM

Dec 2009
I thought it was awesome. Not too original, sure but it was very well done. The art was really good too. Hope it gets serialized. ^^
May 11, 2010 2:53 AM

Jul 2008
rizalariff said:
The art was really good too.

The art was easily the worst and most amateurish part of the manga.

Overall, the manga was alright; silly unoriginal shounen, but there wasn't anything dumb, the female character was fun, and the main character was pretty cool. 5/10
Jun 22, 2010 5:30 PM

Apr 2010
It will be serilized... with better one shoots out there :/.. the art is baD! the chars only OK... meh
Jun 22, 2010 11:01 PM

Aug 2008
This was alright, though I thought things happened way too fast. I don't know what the hell was happening when that shinigami guy did that first 'Lightening Bolt Strike'. I forgot what that girl's name was...but....I do know I saw her first! So everyone just backoff!

This better be good when it gets serialized(I'm still mad about Lock On being dropped, so I need a new replacement....>.>)

Jun 22, 2010 11:29 PM
Dec 2009
lol this manga is supposed to replace the manga Lock On! (VERY GOOD BUT SHOUNEN JUMP has to give it the f*cking axe and stop it at chapter 18...) All because Lock On! does not have enough action but it has ecchi etc... damn Shounen Jump :(
Jul 2, 2010 6:21 PM
Jun 2010
Why are you guys hating on the art? You probably couldn't do half as well. >.> You're comparing it too much with other anime/manga and not looking at it from a viewer point of view.
Anyways, it was alright. The characters show some promise, and the story was a bit cliche, but it was enjoyable.
Jul 4, 2010 4:32 AM

Jul 2009
Wew..let see where the story will go..next chapter please
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.