Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2010 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
I mean, Its obvious everything has haters... But there are so many Kikyou haters and she is like maybe the nicest and most kind character in the series...

I have heard alot of people dislike her because of certain pairings, but is that the only reason?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 16, 2010 6:34 PM

Jan 2010
Well, yeah that's the only reason, (Probably..)
I mean I honestly doubt she'd have so many haters if Kagome wasn't in the storyline whatsoever.

A bunch of preppy Inukago fans hate Kikyou and say the she, "Stole InuYasha," from Kagome.
No, i'm fucking serious. I have been in arguements with her haters, and people say that.
...... *Puts on glasses*
RestlessJun 22, 2010 6:35 PM
When life gives you lemons; write a fanfiction.
Aug 14, 2012 1:05 AM
May 2012
well, the pairing also seems true, but some people hate her because of what she was like in the first 50 episodes or so. i mean, when she stole kagome's jewel shards, tried to kill inuyasha, blah blah blah. i don't agree though. maybe they're jealous of her beauty?
Oct 14, 2012 8:22 PM
Aug 2012
Yup, I agree with Restless. Kikyo would probably be WAY popular if she wasn't Inuyasha's lover, and "competition" for Kagome, you know that dumb stuff. People don't really care of her personality, but automatically hate her for interrupting Inuyasha and Kagome. Plus, also, because there are many InuKag (ugh, just typing that couple makes me sick) fans, once Kikyo came in, everyone immediately hates her. People say it's because she tried to kill Inuyasha and such, but I think that's just an excuse to cover up the act that they just hate her because she gets in the way of Inuyasha and Kagome. I would know, because at first, I was like one of those people, but once I got to know Kikyo better, I came to love her as a character. What people overlook is how Kikyo is wise, beautiful, almost killed Naraku by herself, and even saved Koga's, Miroku's, lives, but was sadly not able to save herself. She did free her soul though, which made me very happy, but it makes me sad knowing people are happy Kikyo died. Kikyo is very strong, beautiful, and wise, and should be loved by everyone ^ ^

Oct 18, 2013 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
It's like Lisanna from Fairy Tail. So many people hate her but she doesn't even appear much. And when she does she's always nice. But everyone hates her 'cause of NaLu. People hate Kikyo 'cause of Inuyasha x Kagome.
May 17, 2016 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
Food_sama said:
I mean, Its obvious everything has haters... But there are so many Kikyou haters and she is like maybe the nicest and most kind character in the series...

I have heard alot of people dislike her because of certain pairings, but is that the only reason?

Probably because the anime antagonizes her like hell and she is not given that much screen time like Kagome and Inuyasha. Seriously, I learned so much more from episode 147-148 compare to brief moments "sits".

Like sure she tried to kill Inuyasha, but people dont' understand that she is human and felt hatred when she died. Then the 2nd time when she tried to drag Inuyasha to hell not because of revenge, but mainly because of loneliness. I really wish the 4th and 5th encounter between Inuyasha and Kikyou followed the manga more closely than making her uncaring and tricky.

Also the dragging to hell part, if Naraku was already defeated, he probably would have willingly followed her. There was a conversation between him and Kaede whom after she met Kikyou the 5th time. Paraphrase: "If that is what she wishes, I will go with her when the time is right".
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.