Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2008 11:47 AM

Jan 2008
Blessings.

Leading on from this statement in the club's information section:

"NGE is nothing more than a blender to destroy the minds of the world's youth. It is the cash cow that has been sucking Anime fandom dry for over ten years."

I believe the increased prevalence of suicide in Japan can be directly correlated with NGE's popularity and bleak message (everyone kills themselves in End of Evangelion). Evangelion also has Satanic elements which pervert the minds of our world's youth as the Evas were based of the Baron's of Hell who the Children synchronise with by a sexual connection with their mothers. It's utterly disgusting and should be banned.

No wonder the world has such a low view of anime, and the course anime as a whole has taken after Neon Genesis (another Satanic perversion of the first book of the Bible) Evangelion makes it even worse.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 7, 2008 1:04 PM
Jan 2008
I haven't thought about it like that, but I suppose Evangelion could be one of the reasons why the rest of the world has a negative opinion of anime. What's the deal with all that Christian imagery, anyway? Is this supposed to be a religious anime? I think it would have been much better without all that stuff in it. And also, it can't be healthy for people to be watching emo characters like Shinji. His incessant whining and suicidal ideations are in no way appropriate for a television series. They could have major repercussions on people in real life. Evangelion just takes everything too far. And I still can't help but laugh in the face of the fans who think it is deep.
Mar 14, 2008 11:01 AM

Sep 2007
Anybody who took the series seriously in a religious or emotional way is stupid. That religious garbage should have never been there. It might have soften the blow that was the fail of NGE. Yeah and listening to Shinji whine and whine and be annoying would make anyone depressed. They really tried to hard in trying to be deep and mysterious and all that garbage.
Mar 16, 2009 5:28 PM

May 2008
Meh, Neon Genesis Evangelion is a piece of art..

It might disturbing here and there.. but that's what made it such a great anime..
And who cares about those regilious crap in it? (don't say "I do"..)

In short NGE is a cool anime, which shows a possiblity of how f*cked up things can get if you're not getting (enough) love.. I guess?

(Get a life religious freaks..)
Dec 29, 2009 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
Kozooo said:
Meh, Neon Genesis Evangelion is a piece of art..

It might disturbing here and there.. but that's what made it such a great anime..
And who cares about those regilious crap in it? (don't say "I do"..)

In short NGE is a cool anime, which shows a possiblity of how f*cked up things can get if you're not getting (enough) love.. I guess?

(Get a life religious freaks..)

GET OUT OF HERE PIECE OF SHIT

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Dec 29, 2009 2:47 PM

Dec 2009
10 things that I hate from evangelon:
1.the characters,SUCKS, REALLY
2.specially, I hate shinji
3.l hate how they try to be important with the religion stuff
4.all the female characters are such a whore(with shinji´s dad,for example)

5.they stupidly twisted the fuckin story to be important
6. the simple minded person think is cool just for the pollemic with the religion stuff and emo depresion of the characters
7.they repeat the same horrible series a bunch of time(shitty remasterized ova that is the same fuckin story)
8.how the manga magazine gives them importance when they do a special of evangelion(this is very often in my country I HATE THEM)
9.Specially, I HATE HOW THEY TROW US A LOT OF DAMN FUCKED MERCHANDISE.
10.I hate how has been difamed to the anime, make think to the ordinary people that all the anime is like this, or make the other simple minded people think that if you see evangelion you already seen the best of the anime and now your cool because you waste a piece of life seeing this SHIT.

Thanks for creating this space, now that I tell all the true about this CRAP named Evangelion, I feel so great.

Truly grateful,
KOTENSHI

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Jun 8, 2010 4:31 AM

Sep 2009
Zuggy said:
Blessings.

Leading on from this statement in the club's information section:

"NGE is nothing more than a blender to destroy the minds of the world's youth. It is the cash cow that has been sucking Anime fandom dry for over ten years."

I believe the increased prevalence of suicide in Japan can be directly correlated with NGE's popularity and bleak message (everyone kills themselves in End of Evangelion). Evangelion also has Satanic elements which pervert the minds of our world's youth as the Evas were based of the Baron's of Hell who the Children synchronise with by a sexual connection with their mothers. It's utterly disgusting and should be banned.

No wonder the world has such a low view of anime, and the course anime as a whole has taken after Neon Genesis (another Satanic perversion of the first book of the Bible) Evangelion makes it even worse.

Now, hold the fucking phone for a second here...

"I believe the increased prevalence of suicide in Japan can be directly correlated with NGE's popularity and bleak message"

What the hell are you talking about? Do you have any statistical information to back up such a claim?

Now, I have no problem whatsoever with people disliking Evangelion. The ending is absolute crap and it's overated on the whole. They have been sucking the fans dry too and anyone who disputes that fact, must think the sun shines out of Hideaki Anno's pasty ass.

But to claim that "Neon Genesis Evangelion increased the suicide rate" is just outrageous, especially without any evidence to back it up. Even if you could provide statistics showing Japan's suicide rate had increased since NGE was released in '95, you still wouldn't be able to prove there was a link between the two phenomena... Factors like the Japanese recession would be a much more reasonable explanation for any observed increase in suicide, to provide but one example.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not here to convince you that Evangelion is a great show... But if you are going to provide some arguements as to why it is a 'bad show' then you should back them up.

Outlandish claims like 'Neon Genesis Evangelion causes suicides' make you look just as retarded as the Evangelion fanboys/fangirls.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Feb 15, 2011 4:15 AM

Feb 2011
Hello peoples,

First of all, I have to say that I dont think NGE is linked to the prevalence of suicide in Japan. Also I dont give a frakk about the religious thing. Now that you all know that I'm not an nutz, I will give you my opinions about this anime.

1. Is NGE graphics are nice - Yes, no compromise about that.
2.Is NGE is one of the most incredible anime of all times? No, its overrated. They made the damn thing famous by using the polemic. How gain notoriety Blair Witch style others will say Attention whore...
3.What do you dislike in NGE ? I didnt hate the serie, I mean 1-26, of course 25 & 26 are confusing but at this time it wasnt so bad. End of Envangelion is my real problem, I was like 'Wow are they serious?' my theory is that, when the fans criticised Anno ending, he was so pissed that he decided make a big mess. Its maybe not elaborated but at least its make more sense than NGE ^^
4. Will you suggest NGE as first anime for a japanime neophyte ? Are you nutz? This kind of crap is for veterans who arent scared by dark twisted stuff. PS: Dont let your kids see it.

ps: I'm not english, excuse my faults

pps: the hero jacking off to a girl whos in a coma.... there is no way that I can think 'How inovating & fresh'.
Forever Berserk
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» hate evangelion

Turkish_Boy-12 - Feb 5, 2019

2 by p1ec3ful »»
Jun 1, 3:14 AM

» Sup

-Mooners- - Jul 2, 2019

0 by -Mooners- »»
Jul 2, 2019 11:09 AM

» NGE is a piece of shit (Not in Erdogan's country Turkey!).

yulobaxutu - Jan 25, 2019

0 by yulobaxutu »»
Jan 25, 2019 9:39 AM

» REUTERS: Evangelion merchandising destroys home

Zuggy - May 11, 2008

1 by kotenshi »»
Dec 29, 2009 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.