Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 12:43 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Pieromysl
@groudonvert Dunno why you keep trying to somehow explain those characters as if they weren't one dimensional and there is some depth behind them. You just described the most generic villains possible and you are trying to present it as something novel, which is funny.
It is pretty obvious that we have already seen everything this show has to offer and it's shit.
@Piromysl
No you didn't, very far from it. And I don't blame anyone to think that, because the beginning of the story is by far the weakest part.

Aug 31, 1:43 PM
May 2020
eve was able to clock on to the situation before it was too late Lis was also a victim of child abuse but had to firm it for the sake of her big sis, touka already planned for the waves which means that he is well acquainted with the verse now
Sep 1, 11:01 AM
May 2024
Çok güzelde modellemeler olmasa çok daha fazla güzel olurdu bence
Sep 1, 11:28 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to Nasa290704
@zcv45 the harassment isn't that extreme. They're not harassing every individual all the time. So it just doesn't apply.
@Nasa290704 Name one scene where there wasn't some harassment, crime, or abuse of power.
Sep 1, 11:43 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to groudonvert
@zcv45
If the general citizens live their life normally or even have better quality of life thanks to a corrupt leader, they don't care if the noble is corrupt, has bad tendancies, kill his opponents or whatever. Rebelling against the power in place could also mean lose their quality of life.
@groudonvert Are they though? Cult members are free to harass a female citizen just because their boss is in cahoots with the guy running the city. The governor is free to break contractual agreements. And so on.
The point is that they live in a prosperous society DESPITE all this which should NOT be the case. Read my first post which addresses this. The economy and trade is reliant on trust and honesty. There will always be a degree of abuse, but there is a tipping point.
Corruption destroys a organization and is why there is rarely a successful country that is this corrupt. Economic developmental index heavily correlates with corruption and income inequality. This show can't somehow portray society as functional and then have literally every scene be de facto anarchy at all levels of society.
Sep 1, 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to groudonvert
@Piromysl
After 3 years or so of slave-master collaboration (if you can call this like that), the Duke knows pretty well Eve.
With so much money she contributes to make him win, it's not hard to imagine, he could give her some leeway. It's not like she would flee with a very young girl in her toes.

Oh no, Vicius is not evil just for the sake of being evil. She's the center of why this world is so trash and the reason so many people with powers are trash. But Vicius' main interesting aspect is : why, as a goddess, does she need to summon Heroes from another world to fight the Demon King ? She's a Goddess, shouldn't she be able to kill him on her own ? Because she needs the Heroes to take his essents ? Doesn't look like it, since she told them only his heart is necessary. This single aspect explains a lot of her behavior and actions.
There are many aspects of her that I could add, but it would be spoiler territory.

Concerning Gartland, he's a man bored by being the strongest, wishing to find someone able to kill him so he can have a good fight. He's also honorable and promise Seras to let her go if she's able to beat him (while she's supposed to be a wanted target).

And no, I won't say drop it. I will say buy the Light Novel to continue the story where it will end in this season (should be end of volume 4). Volume 5 is where the story, the worldbuilding and the characters writing really start to shine. And I should add, I was like you and completely underestimated how good the author is in writing characters (especially minor characters).
@groudonvert If the Duke trusts Eve not to betray and make him money, he could oh I don't know... keep his end of the bargain? Exactly what does he gain from killing off Eve? Oh right, let Eve find out so she betrays lol. And after abusing the dark elf for so long, he really expects Eve to just not betray at some point?
The only reason what the Duke did isn't as stupid as it could be is because Eve is even more stupid for trusting that guy. Doesn't take a genius to notice no bloodsport participant ever survives to freedom or notice signs of abuse on the dark elf. And in a society where apparently evidence and rule of law doesn't matter; she might as well just make a break for it after freeing the dark elf. But y'know a dumb villain and a dumber victim. So the average IQ MC can do something about it.

"Vicius is not evil just for the sake of being evil. She's the center of why this world is so trash and the reason so many people with powers are trash."
Ah ok, so she's evil just to be evil. You didn't explain why she's evil. Only confirmed that she's not just evil but incompetent too. Thanks for confirming my complaints in the other comment chain. A dysfunctional society that apparently still works fine because the author willed it so. Also "why she needs the heroes" is irrelevant when the character itself is bad. A bad character will make the plot that revolves around her bad. But even so, the anime haven't explored any of the questions you raised.

Honestly, just like Vicius, Gartland is forgettable. Couldn't remember the names until you all described what they did. The only villain that didn't die after one episode is Vicius. Gartland is as forgettable as the tavern lady. Comes up one minute, dies the next. And if you honestly think "arrogant but honorable strongest hero" is multi-dimensional... then you need to watch more anime. The fact he can be described in one sentence says enough. Not to mention this archetype is a dime a dozen.
This anime is like junk food. Absolute trash but can be entertaining if you got nothing better to watch.
zcv45Sep 1, 12:02 PM
Sep 1, 12:22 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to zcv45
@groudonvert Are they though? Cult members are free to harass a female citizen just because their boss is in cahoots with the guy running the city. The governor is free to break contractual agreements. And so on.
The point is that they live in a prosperous society DESPITE all this which should NOT be the case. Read my first post which addresses this. The economy and trade is reliant on trust and honesty. There will always be a degree of abuse, but there is a tipping point.
Corruption destroys a organization and is why there is rarely a successful country that is this corrupt. Economic developmental index heavily correlates with corruption and income inequality. This show can't somehow portray society as functional and then have literally every scene be de facto anarchy at all levels of society.
@zcv45
They use the power of their curse to threat people. Curse who's supposed to have killed the strongest human in the world (and it seems it exists since there's a victim of it in episode 8).

And yeah you're right. A society can't work forever like that, but you need something to trigger the flame of revolution.
Touka could be that flame.
Sep 1, 12:28 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to zcv45
@groudonvert If the Duke trusts Eve not to betray and make him money, he could oh I don't know... keep his end of the bargain? Exactly what does he gain from killing off Eve? Oh right, let Eve find out so she betrays lol. And after abusing the dark elf for so long, he really expects Eve to just not betray at some point?
The only reason what the Duke did isn't as stupid as it could be is because Eve is even more stupid for trusting that guy. Doesn't take a genius to notice no bloodsport participant ever survives to freedom or notice signs of abuse on the dark elf. And in a society where apparently evidence and rule of law doesn't matter; she might as well just make a break for it after freeing the dark elf. But y'know a dumb villain and a dumber victim. So the average IQ MC can do something about it.

"Vicius is not evil just for the sake of being evil. She's the center of why this world is so trash and the reason so many people with powers are trash."
Ah ok, so she's evil just to be evil. You didn't explain why she's evil. Only confirmed that she's not just evil but incompetent too. Thanks for confirming my complaints in the other comment chain. A dysfunctional society that apparently still works fine because the author willed it so. Also "why she needs the heroes" is irrelevant when the character itself is bad. A bad character will make the plot that revolves around her bad. But even so, the anime haven't explored any of the questions you raised.

Honestly, just like Vicius, Gartland is forgettable. Couldn't remember the names until you all described what they did. The only villain that didn't die after one episode is Vicius. Gartland is as forgettable as the tavern lady. Comes up one minute, dies the next. And if you honestly think "arrogant but honorable strongest hero" is multi-dimensional... then you need to watch more anime. The fact he can be described in one sentence says enough. Not to mention this archetype is a dime a dozen.
This anime is like junk food. Absolute trash but can be entertaining if you got nothing better to watch.
@zcv45
Why would he ? Once she's useless to him, he doesn't need to keep his promise.
The gain from killing Eve is to rise a new champion in the Colloseum. A new champion supposed to be strong enough to kill Eve (while it was rigged).

Sign of abuse ? If the child has no injury, you can't say how badly she was treated.

I won't explain why Vicius is not Evil for the sake of being evil, just because it's spoiler territory.
And yes it explored a bit of the question I raised in episode 7 when they discussed about Gartland's death and other stuff.
Sep 2, 12:21 AM
Jan 2019
animation isnt great. proportions can look off sometimes and characters dont feel alive at time almost like robots
Sep 2, 4:11 PM
May 2023
Good episode, Poor Eve... in the end her master/owner/boss is another damn one... who would say haha
From time to time they show us very detestable human beings but I feel it is more focused on men.
Let's see what/who this Mauji is, a simple fool leader of a cult or something else
Sep 3, 12:33 PM
Oct 2019
The episode is normal, but at least it doesn't have the ugly CGI of the last few episodes
Sep 3, 9:23 PM

Jan 2021
best episode yet, much better story telling with a far more intelligent script

2B on top

Sep 4, 7:18 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see Eve learning the truth and joining Touka. Looking forward to seeing the dark elf witch.
Sep 7, 1:57 PM
Aug 2024
strange animation but cool story
Sep 20, 3:46 PM
Apr 2021
Let me guess - The witch will be a big boobed - barley dressed woman with a witch hat...
Sep 26, 7:29 AM

May 2023
Is there any meaning to piggymaru turning Red after meeting Lis?
Sep 26, 12:12 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Darkzepheran
Is there any meaning to piggymaru turning Red after meeting Lis?
@Darkzepheran
Happy to meet her.
I guess XD
Sep 26, 1:15 PM

May 2023
Reply to groudonvert
@Darkzepheran
Happy to meet her.
I guess XD
@groudonvert XD I prob read to much into it thinking she might be the Witch of taboo or something
Sep 26, 1:15 PM

Jun 2022
somewhat watchable but shorten this journey & get to school peeps soon
Oct 15, 9:15 AM
Apr 2022
Is that Kamen Rider's mask ???
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26

113 by akihikosama »»
Oct 17, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

90 by luhenri »»
Oct 16, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8

123 by S2P_cinephile »»
Oct 14, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12

80 by Forum »»
Oct 10, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11

169 by groudonvert »»
Oct 7, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.