Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 6, 11:16 AM

Apr 2023
I'm just gonna state my opinion here.

I am disappointed by the ending of this anime. They were cooking, they had potential, but they ruined it when Norland wanted to end humanity. He's just your average wannabe god villain, nothing special or charismatic about him. They should've just stuck with Sakuya trying to save Sakura.

And the finale was undeniably rushed. The final battle only took a few minutes, left many plot lines unresolved, and made so many stupid choices like muting Sakuya. I don't understand why she silenced herself, she could've just commanded herself to forget about the Geass.

I have mixed thoughts on Ash's death. I had a feeling Ash or Roze would die in the end, and I was right.

I feel like this would've worked better as a 24 episode anime or 2 cours.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Sep 6, 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
there is already an episode discussion
Sep 6, 11:21 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to deg
there is already an episode discussion
@deg But Norland and his wannabe god thing has been stated for a few episodes
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Sep 6, 11:24 AM
i like re zero

Oct 2021
Fukoku said:

I am disappointed by the ending of this anime. They were cooking, they had potential, but they ruined it when Norland wanted to end humanity. He's just your average wannabe god villain, nothing special or charismatic about him. They should've just stuck with Sakuya trying to save Sakura.

And the finale was undeniably rushed. The final battle only took a few minutes, left many plot lines unresolved, and made so many stupid choices like muting Sakuya. I don't understand why she silenced herself, she could've just commanded herself to forget about the Geass.

I have mixed thoughts on Ash's death. I had a feeling Ash or Roze would die in the end, and I was right.

I agree, really needed more time to gain attachment to anything
Sep 6, 12:29 PM
May 2021
Fukoku said:

Same thoughts buddy. And I wanted some more involvement of Lelouch in this but sigh he played no role. Only thing he did was giving the geass power to Sakuya lol
Sep 6, 12:30 PM

Apr 2023
Apratim said:
Fukoku said:

Same thoughts buddy. And I wanted some more involvement of Lelouch in this but sigh he played no role. Only thing he did was giving the geass power to Sakuya lol

I mean, is there a reason for LeLouch to get involved? Sure they should’ve shown why he chose Sakuya in particular and what he saw in her, but I don’t see how he would’ve gotten involved in the fight.

He’s disappeared and iirc ppl believe he’s dead.
Sep 6, 12:32 PM
May 2021
Fukoku said:
Apratim said:

I mean, is there a reason for LeLouch to get involved? Sure they should’ve shown why he chose Sakuya in particular and what he saw in her, but I don’t see how he would’ve gotten involved in the fight.

That's why they shouldn't have made a sequel. Without Lelouch Code Geass doesn't feel right
Sep 6, 1:04 PM

Apr 2023
Apratim said:
Fukoku said:

That's why they shouldn't have made a sequel. Without Lelouch Code Geass doesn't feel right

This is in an alternate universe where LeLouch survived, it’s a sequel to LeLouch of the Resurrection. This universe isn’t canon To Code Geass universe
Sep 6, 1:10 PM
May 2011
Reply to Fukoku
Apratim said:
Fukoku said:

This is in an alternate universe where LeLouch survived, it’s a sequel to LeLouch of the Resurrection. This universe isn’t canon To Code Geass universe
@Fukoku This is cope. Lelouch lives is canon. There is no universe where he dies.
Sep 6, 1:11 PM

Apr 2023
Fail_Man_X said:
@Fukoku This is cope. Lelouch lives is canon. There is no universe where he dies.

Main Code Geass universe?
Sep 6, 1:21 PM
May 2011
Reply to Fukoku
Fail_Man_X said:

Main Code Geass universe?
@Fukoku This is the "main universe" of Code Geass now. Believing Lelouch died is just headcanon at this point
Sep 6, 2:52 PM

Apr 2023
Fail_Man_X said:
@Fukoku This is the "main universe" of Code Geass now. Believing Lelouch died is just headcanon at this point

There is LeLouch of the Resurrection which is an alternate universe in which LeLouch survives, Rozé is the sequel of that universe. The main one ended after Suzaku killed LeLouch and became Zero
Sep 6, 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
I've always disliked criticism born out of "this character didn't think like me, ergo their decision is stupid."

Why should Sakuya accept to keep around such a dangerous power that has, directly and indirectly, caused her so much pain?

It's also part of a historical or even religious tradition in various countries to take a vow of silence for multiple reasons. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, it is a valid decision, based on a different set of cultural and individual ethical standards.
Sep 6, 4:11 PM

Jun 2013
Reply to Fukoku
Fail_Man_X said:

There is LeLouch of the Resurrection which is an alternate universe in which LeLouch survives, Rozé is the sequel of that universe. The main one ended after Suzaku killed LeLouch and became Zero
@Fukoku To be fair there was already a theory that he survived even in original Code Geass. A theory taht made fanbase divided until movie was released.

I have watched both old and new and the only difference between two is that Shirley is alive in Resurrection, they literally made new universe only to keep her alive. For what reason I have no idea as she never appeared as important character in either movie or this new series.

So I personally choose to ignore that this is new universe and just go with this: Code Geass S1 + S2 + Akito > Resurrection movie > Rose.

Sep 6, 4:14 PM

Apr 2023
BrotherCoa said:
@Fukoku To be fair there was already a theory that he survived even in original Code Geass. A theory taht made fanbase divided until movie was released.

I have watched both old and new and the only difference between two is that Shirley is alive in Resurrection, they literally made new universe only to keep her alive. For what reason I have no idea as she never appeared as important character in either movie or this new series.

So I personally choose to ignore that this is new universe and just go with this: Code Geass S1 + S2 + Akito > Resurrection movie > Rose.

I’ve heard that theory before, fair enough lol.

Me personally I don’t count everything except seasons 1 and 2 of OG canon. Primarily bc it just ruins the perfect ending and also I just don’t see a reason why to continue it.

But you can consider it all canon if you want, it’s all up to you.
Sep 6, 4:16 PM

Apr 2023
GolbeztheGreat said:
I've always disliked criticism born out of "this character didn't think like me, ergo their decision is stupid."

Why should Sakuya accept to keep around such a dangerous power that has, directly and indirectly, caused her so much pain?

It's also part of a historical or even religious tradition in various countries to take a vow of silence for multiple reasons. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, it is a valid decision, based on a different set of cultural and individual ethical standards.

I never said Sakuya had to keep the Geass. I provided an alternative where she could command herself to forget the Geass or to never use it again. Completely silencing herself is just an unnecessary extra step.
Sep 6, 8:18 PM

Jul 2017
it went downhill after lelouch cameod not gonna lie, at its peak it was 7/10, the norland and sakuya first scene was 3/10, ending was 0/10
Sep 6, 10:46 PM

Aug 2011
Maybe it did need a 2nd cour man it sucks that Ash died man.
Sep 6, 10:53 PM

Apr 2023
Zane_0 said:
Maybe it did need a 2nd cour man it sucks that Ash died man.

Eh, it was predictable. I predicted that Ash or Rozé would die at the first episode, and I was right. So I have mixed thoughts on Ash’s death.

But I agree there should’ve been more episodes to polish everything out. And remove that stupid ending humanity thing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

InfinityDude88 - Jul 5

51 by Phraze »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 3 Discussion

FarCritical - Jul 5

46 by Phraze »»
Yesterday, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Jun 21

88 by Phraze »»
Oct 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Sep 6

107 by mat619 »»
Oct 14, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FarCritical - Aug 23

51 by StarNightwatcher »»
Oct 11, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.