Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 22, 9:25 PM

Aug 2017
What is"probability" and how does it affect the scenarios? If possible, can someone explain in terms of other power systems? As the power level depends on stories, this is not related to any other series 'completely'. Also no spoilers pls as I'm on the
arc(?) currently.
itiswhatitis
Aug 22, 10:37 PM
Feb 2021
Can't tell if you didn't finish the epilogue
Aug 23, 2:28 AM
Jul 2021
Ubada03 said:
What is"probability" and how does it affect the scenarios? If possible, can someone explain in terms of other power systems? As the power level depends on stories, this is not related to any other series 'completely'. Also no spoilers pls as I'm on the
arc(?) currently.

If you are in the apocalypse dragon / Good and Evil war arc, that means you shouldn't know much about Secretive Plotter yet, so I'll try not to give spoilers.

In terms of a game, probability, or plausibility, indicates if something should be allowed up to a certain point in your story progression.

I don't remember where I read it but an example would be that it is very very unlikely, almost impossible, that when you are starting a game, in one of your first quests you fight the last boss or a demon king or such stuff. You don't have the level, the gear, the knowledge of the world, etc, to fight that.

In ORV it's something similar, a powerful entity, a very high-level piece of gear or a direct intervention of someone that will greatly affect the story progression shouldn't be allowed in the beginning scenarios (or how a certain someone called them, the "tutorial scenarios") and such the system places restrictions on those entities.

Although this is a very simple definition up to your point :D

By the time you get close to the epilogue you'll have a better understanding, and when you finish the whole novel you'll know why it was never explained in detail in the novel in the first place :) (If you recall, in the Theater Dungeon arc, when probability was introduced, Kim Dokja said that it was something that existed in the Star Stream but the author never explained fully)
Aug 23, 3:00 AM

Aug 2017
Kristo115 said:
Ubada03 said:
arc(?) currently.

If you are in the apocalypse dragon / Good and Evil war arc, that means you shouldn't know much about Secretive Plotter yet, so I'll try not to give spoilers.

In terms of a game, probability, or plausibility, indicates if something should be allowed up to a certain point in your story progression.

I don't remember where I read it but an example would be that it is very very unlikely, almost impossible, that when you are starting a game, in one of your first quests you fight the last boss or a demon king or such stuff. You don't have the level, the gear, the knowledge of the world, etc, to fight that.

In ORV it's something similar, a powerful entity, a very high-level piece of gear or a direct intervention of someone that will greatly affect the story progression shouldn't be allowed in the beginning scenarios (or how a certain someone called them, the "tutorial scenarios") and such the system places restrictions on those entities.

Although this is a very simple definition up to your point :D

By the time you get close to the epilogue you'll have a better understanding, and when you finish the whole novel you'll know why it was never explained in detail in the novel in the first place :) (If you recall, in the Theater Dungeon arc, when probability was introduced, Kim Dokja said that it was something that existed in the Star Stream but the author never explained fully)

that is a great conclusion to my confusion. thank you. it's just the lack of information kept bothering me.
itiswhatitis
Aug 25, 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
Would like to add, if you're not sure what a probability-storm is, I read somewhere where someone explained it like a backlash after using too much adrenaline, where you can go over your limit but afterwards the pain hits.

More topics from this board

» Side Stories on MAL

Thapple - Sep 22

0 by Thapple »»
Sep 22, 10:40 AM

» Do the 105 chapters adapt all of the chapters of the web novel?

Spleefy - May 27

9 by Meedor »»
Aug 28, 10:28 PM

» Where to read it

karinzukushi - Aug 7

4 by karinzukushi »»
Aug 9, 1:58 AM

» Who does the mc end up with (No Spoiler, Only the character name plz)

Hickykissy - Jun 8

5 by EnVaH »»
Aug 8, 8:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.