Forum Settings
Forums
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 21, 2:56 AM
Mar 2023
I'm not really a fan of novels and prefer mangas over novels. My question is, do the jokes hit as good as the anime? Or do I need to step out of my comfort zone and force myself to read the novel instead? No bias about the novel please (if possible)
Aug 21, 3:45 AM
Apr 2023
i haven't read the light novel so I don't know how good it is but I've read the manga and it's good and better than the anime cause I think season 3 censored tooooooo much and a bunch jokes and scenes were cut out from the anime I mean a huge amount of contents were cut out. I think the art in the manga is hilarious and can't imagine how they can make the light novel funny without any of the arts cause one of the best part of the jokes of konosuba is how the art were drawn very hilariously
Aug 21, 4:37 AM
Apr 2017
Yes. The LN is fantastic. Highly recomended it. You won't laugh out loud most of the time, but you will have a smile on your face the entire time while reading it.
Aug 21, 5:48 AM
Jun 2020
My brother almost didn't watch the anime because the manga is weak. But the novel is great.
Aug 21, 7:26 AM
Aug 2023
I've read the novel long time ago so I don't particularly remember everything but I know that it's good, although the comedy and jokes might not hit you as hard as the anime it's still written really well
Aug 21, 8:28 AM
Jun 2021
Kaitaka12 said:
I've read the novel long time ago so I don't particularly remember everything but I know that it's good, although the comedy and jokes might not hit you as hard as the anime it's still written really well

if only we understood japanese
Aug 22, 12:24 AM

Jan 2023
The thing with the manga is that they do cut a decent amount of the content/jokes from the novel, although the art is overall okay.
Imo if you've already seen the anime, the manga won't add much more to it.
You would just experience roughly the same story and jokes, just in a different form.

On the other hand, I'd highly recommend the novel, which I liked even more than the anime.
A lot of the jokes are even funnier to me in the novel than in the anime, plus there are more of them overall as the anime cut some stuff, and there are also some good moments of characterisation/emotion that just do not hit as hard in the anime imo.
MeguSae38Aug 22, 12:29 AM

More topics from this board

» How many manga volumes does konasuba currently have

Mustytaco29 - Jun 18

13 by Mustytaco29 »»
Jun 22, 11:07 AM

» New chapters after ch.98

Hickykissy - Apr 6

2 by Kaitaka12 »»
Apr 6, 1:04 PM

» Works that inspired Konosuba

PrinceofGreed - Jun 4, 2023

4 by Pitto_ »»
Apr 3, 5:33 PM

» Chomosuke

JuanDi_09 - May 26, 2022

3 by ANonAddict »»
May 29, 2023 10:53 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2015

3 by NariShimith »»
Mar 29, 2023 10:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.