Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 3:40 PM
Feb 2020

First I have to praise it for being an eye Candy, I really loved the atmosphere, animation, character design and music, Every technical aspect of this thing was on point and Masterfully done,

Now after that I want to say what a rude asshole the MC is, especially towards his father, Like I don't these slice of life shows and not just in anime but also other asian or non asian media including K dramas or C dramas,
why are parents villainsed like this when they're greiving, I mean for fuck sake anything the MC is feeling, parents are feeling it much more, cz you lost your sibling but your parents lost their own child, someone who was once part of them and every inch of their body is made by their efforts, But the moment they try to show their greif in any aggressive manner or do something out of ordinary, Boom, they hurt MC's little feeling,

It's so annoying, and in this movie when MC's father was trying to move on he literally puked on his face, but at the end all that tantrum he threw and wasted decades of Anzu's life, he did the same thing like his father, got with a woman,

But they never addressed his father's worries, I mean he didn't lost just one but both of his children but fuck that guy bcz he's not a high schooler or something,

Anyway it's really annoying that, they didn't even revived his sister and he just came back empty handed, didn't even had a proper conversation with the sister or didn't even hugged her, like this whole thing was so annoying, I was rolling on my bed, I wonder why anzu even want that guy, Fuck im'

Anyway that's my rant, share your views about it but I saw someone saying that this show would be interpreted differently by the people with different level of maturity, and I do agree this statement, Like a 15 year old high schooler will think that this romance was so hot and an edgy MC was so cool, But a 30 year old adult with a lot of responsibilities would say fuck that guy,
The more mature you are the more childish the plot seems like
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 4:24 PM
Sep 2022
the only immaturely person who I think is you who only thinks of themself being the most mature. I'm really sorry if it hurts you
Aug 6, 5:05 PM
May 2021
Haruki_Vansh said:
the only immaturely person who I think is you who only thinks of themself being the most mature. I'm really sorry if it hurts you

agreed. he is drunk
Aug 6, 5:17 PM
Mar 2021
The story is from the perspective of a teenage boy, trying to deal with his trauma and regrets. Of course it won't make that much sense, you have total chaos in your head when you're that age, even if you have a nearly perfect life.

To the point you made with villainizing parents, when you're a child, you feel like adults don't get you and they look down on you all the time. So when they are in depression and you need their comfort, they often cannot provide it, because they are only humans too, living their life for the first time and that makes you feel like they only think about themselves, which is exactly what you do.
Only in the late teens people start to truly sympathize and realize, that parents or other people are just as clueless and lost as them and they stop putting them on pedestals.

So it's only a matter of perspective and in this case, it's a perspective of a child. Don't act like you didn't think or did similar things, because we all did at one point or another :)

That's how I feel about this narrative and it feels pretty realistic to me.
Aug 6, 7:07 PM
Nov 2023
_Reas said:
The story is from the perspective of a teenage boy, trying to deal with his trauma and regrets. Of course it won't make that much sense, you have total chaos in your head when you're that age, even if you have a nearly perfect life.

To the point you made with villainizing parents, when you're a child, you feel like adults don't get you and they look down on you all the time. So when they are in depression and you need their comfort, they often cannot provide it, because they are only humans too, living their life for the first time and that makes you feel like they only think about themselves, which is exactly what you do.
Only in the late teens people start to truly sympathize and realize, that parents or other people are just as clueless and lost as them and they stop putting them on pedestals.

So it's only a matter of perspective and in this case, it's a perspective of a child. Don't act like you didn't think or did similar things, because we all did at one point or another :)

Exactly. Was going to answer this post, but this is how I see it too. Thanks for saving me the effort.
Aug 6, 8:04 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to _Reas

@_Reas you see I do agree with you,from a perspective of child, it does make sense, But than there is another thing where the show itself tries to show a biased view, It's same as a show try to romantise rape or glorifies mindless killings and trying show the murderer as the hero,

Basically what I'm trying to say is that making a show from a perspective of a specific person is fine and it can be entertaining but manipulating the viewers to make them empathize with said person even if he's wrong is not ok
Aug 7, 12:27 AM
Jul 2021
Mathi786 said:

First I have to praise it for being an eye Candy, I really loved the atmosphere, animation, character design and music, Every technical aspect of this thing was on point and Masterfully done,

Now after that I want to say what a rude asshole the MC is, especially towards his father, Like I don't these slice of life shows and not just in anime but also other asian or non asian media including K dramas or C dramas,
why are parents villainsed like this when they're greiving, I mean for fuck sake anything the MC is feeling, parents are feeling it much more, cz you lost your sibling but your parents lost their own child, someone who was once part of them and every inch of their body is made by their efforts, But the moment they try to show their greif in any aggressive manner or do something out of ordinary, Boom, they hurt MC's little feeling,

It's so annoying, and in this movie when MC's father was trying to move on he literally puked on his face, but at the end all that tantrum he threw and wasted decades of Anzu's life, he did the same thing like his father, got with a woman,

But they never addressed his father's worries, I mean he didn't lost just one but both of his children but fuck that guy bcz he's not a high schooler or something,

Anyway it's really annoying that, they didn't even revived his sister and he just came back empty handed, didn't even had a proper conversation with the sister or didn't even hugged her, like this whole thing was so annoying, I was rolling on my bed, I wonder why anzu even want that guy, Fuck im'

Anyway that's my rant, share your views about it but I saw someone saying that this show would be interpreted differently by the people with different level of maturity, and I do agree this statement, Like a 15 year old high schooler will think that this romance was so hot and an edgy MC was so cool, But a 30 year old adult with a lot of responsibilities would say fuck that guy,

sorry bro but the movie doesn't justify the story at all most of the story is trimmed to fit in a movie ,if you worried then read the novel, novel might change your opinion the whole story could have been made into a series, but every thing that happens in this world isn't perfect at all
Aug 7, 2:39 AM
Mar 2021
I can't believe you actually want to defend the father in this situation, what's wrong with you?

What kind of parent sees their child throwing up and responds by getting violent?

If that's what you a 'Mature' person such as yourself thinks then this world is hopeless.
Aug 7, 2:52 AM
Jul 2024
Mathi786 said:

First of all, I think you are one of those 30 year olds who are still immature.
Second, here's what's wrong with the parents. I get that they are traumatized after losing a child but still , you need to get over it. If you are crying about why the Dad's feelings weren't addressed, well they shouldn't be, because the dad is in the wrong here. Always lying in the dumps acting immature not getting over a loss. It's also a trigger for the MC who wanted to bring his sister back so his immature parents would go back to how they were before.
If you think that the MC is immature , that's because he is a high schooler who should either be sad about it or try to do what he did aka try to bring her back. It just goes to show that he cared enough to make everything right that he ignored his own world. That is a sacrifice and it's more mature than the behavior of the parents.
EDIT: I just realized how you said that the parents hurt MC's feelings by "showing grief in an aggressive manner" . I mean come on , I get that parents are not wrong for feeling grief but being aggressive towards your own child is certainly very wrong and IMMATURE.
I don't know why you decided to make such a post because you don't make a single point.
TempestDrakAug 7, 2:58 AM
Aug 7, 3:31 AM
Mar 2021
@TempestDrak Yup, It's your job as an adult to deal with the shit you're going through, especially when you have another child around. You can work it out step by step, by going to therapy or at least doing something proactive, not just moping around.

The other child, who's still alive, might feel that you don't care about them nearly as much as you did for the deceased one, even if that's not true.
Aug 7, 3:53 AM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
@_Reas you see I do agree with you,from a perspective of child, it does make sense, But than there is another thing where the show itself tries to show a biased view, It's same as a show try to romantise rape or glorifies mindless killings and trying show the murderer as the hero,

Basically what I'm trying to say is that making a show from a perspective of a specific person is fine and it can be entertaining but manipulating the viewers to make them empathize with said person even if he's wrong is not ok

Nah, don't compare it to justifying rape, that's something completely different. The father in this instance isn't a role model by any chance, I would say that MC overcame the loss way better than the adult, which is concerning.

Even Anzu's parents are shown as a very debatable people. You should let your kids pursue their goals and support them as much as possible, don't tell them "you have to be a doctor" or some other bs and repeat the cycle of unhappy and unfulfilled lifes.

And even if you have any kind issues, which is okay, you just cannot take it out on children. Although there are a lot of parents like that, even in my friend circle. That just shows the realizm.
Aug 7, 7:11 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Hacker075
I can't believe you actually want to defend the father in this situation, what's wrong with you?

What kind of parent sees their child throwing up and responds by getting violent?

If that's what you a 'Mature' person such as yourself thinks then this world is hopeless.
@Hacker075 I would like you to throw up on the dinner table on your father's face when they invited their friends or coworker, than I'll see how care they show for you, Like it's common sense no to do that kinda behavior in front of guests, I mean if you're that disgusted (for no reason) at least show soe respect and got the toilet or something,

what you're saying is completely disrespectful and irresponsible
Aug 7, 7:21 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to TempestDrak
Mathi786 said:

First of all, I think you are one of those 30 year olds who are still immature.
Second, here's what's wrong with the parents. I get that they are traumatized after losing a child but still , you need to get over it. If you are crying about why the Dad's feelings weren't addressed, well they shouldn't be, because the dad is in the wrong here. Always lying in the dumps acting immature not getting over a loss. It's also a trigger for the MC who wanted to bring his sister back so his immature parents would go back to how they were before.
If you think that the MC is immature , that's because he is a high schooler who should either be sad about it or try to do what he did aka try to bring her back. It just goes to show that he cared enough to make everything right that he ignored his own world. That is a sacrifice and it's more mature than the behavior of the parents.
EDIT: I just realized how you said that the parents hurt MC's feelings by "showing grief in an aggressive manner" . I mean come on , I get that parents are not wrong for feeling grief but being aggressive towards your own child is certainly very wrong and IMMATURE.
I don't know why you decided to make such a post because you don't make a single point.
@TempestDrak What you're saying is total utter nonsense, you're not even giving his father a space for being human, I mean I do think that drinking is generally wrong and disgusting no matter the situation but everything else he did was not wrong,

I don't understand why you said he's feeling aren't even worth showing, is he not a person, you're with surety saying his wrong, which I find laughable, all I can make up with your statements is that you relate with the MC so any fault he has will Magically disappear and bcz you don't relate with his dad, he's a bad guy,

you easily said the father should get over his loss but why won't you say that same
thing about MC, I mean why don't MC get over his loss like that, even tho MC's trauma is smaller than his father's trauma, and also when his father tried to get over his loss he literally threw up in his face, Goddamnit I wanted to punch him so hard at that time

and yes I did say being a bit aggressive is fine towards your children, parents have a lot of rights on their children, if parents give you unconditional love, they can be a bit angry with you, get over it, you idiot
Aug 7, 7:23 AM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
@Hacker075 I would like you to throw up on the dinner table on your father's face when they invited their friends or coworker, than I'll see how care they show for you, Like it's common sense no to do that kinda behavior in front of guests, I mean if you're that disgusted (for no reason) at least show soe respect and got the toilet or something,

So you support physically assaulting children for misbehaving then. Nothing more needs to be said here I think.
Aug 7, 7:29 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to _Reas
Mathi786 said:

Nah, don't compare it to justifying rape, that's something completely different. The father in this instance isn't a role model by any chance, I would say that MC overcame the loss way better than the adult, which is concerning.

Even Anzu's parents are shown as a very debatable people. You should let your kids pursue their goals and support them as much as possible, don't tell them "you have to be a doctor" or some other bs and repeat the cycle of unhappy and unfulfilled lifes.

And even if you have any kind issues, which is okay, you just cannot take it out on children. Although there are a lot of parents like that, even in my friend circle. That just shows the realizm.
@_Reas first of all I was never justifying rape or murder, I was just applying the basic principle of how show portrayed the MC to the other extreme scenarios and as you can see it sounds ridiculous, so did this show,

And I don't MC dealt with his loss better than anybody, actually I'd say he wasted years of his life and years of Anzu's life and he ran from his parents, he destroyed everything he had, and in the end the moment he got what he wanted, he realized he want something else which just so annoying,

I won't comment on Anzu's parent bcz I don't what kind of parents your friends have but to my experience, parents always wants good for their children at least to their own understanding, so it's up to children to show them with hardwork and talent they're wrong, so they can be proud on them, I mean running from home is just so childish and I hate it when they romanticise this behavior
Aug 7, 7:31 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Hacker075
Mathi786 said:

So you support physically assaulting children for misbehaving then. Nothing more needs to be said here I think.
@Hacker075 Look buddy, I am an Asian, this whole nonsense about children getting physically assaulted by their own parents is just nonsense to us asians, we grew up with our mom's slippers so.....
Aug 7, 8:02 AM
Apr 2020
Haruki_Vansh said:

preach bro, i agree
Aug 7, 8:51 AM
Mar 2021
@Mathi786 What I see from your comments, is that you've been raised in a privileged community and don't know about a LOT of things.

First of all, I didn't say that YOU are justifying rape, I told you that comparing those two things is insanity.

Second of all, no aggressive behaviour towards kids is OK, what the hell are you talking about.
Mom's slipper is an insanely funny meme, because nobody, who truly experienced abuse, is going to talk about mum spanking with a slipper as being okay, even if it's not that bad.
I personally know one man from work, who was abused his whole childhood and I mean abused with A. Kicking and punching to the face were no exception. Nobody helped him, he had to fu*king beat his dad when he was 16 to stop that madness.

So no, you really shouldn't put your hand on your children in any way, even slightest. It can often leave hidden traumas and issues that can resurface anytime in their life (his dad had been beaten too in childhood).

And kids don't owe parents anything, they didn't ask to be born, why should you treat them like your possessions. You, as a parent, have a responsibility to take care of them. If you're not capable of raising children in a loving environment, DO NOT MAKE BABIES.
Aug 7, 9:23 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to _Reas
@Mathi786 What I see from your comments, is that you've been raised in a privileged community and don't know about a LOT of things.

First of all, I didn't say that YOU are justifying rape, I told you that comparing those two things is insanity.

Second of all, no aggressive behaviour towards kids is OK, what the hell are you talking about.
Mom's slipper is an insanely funny meme, because nobody, who truly experienced abuse, is going to talk about mum spanking with a slipper as being okay, even if it's not that bad.
I personally know one man from work, who was abused his whole childhood and I mean abused with A. Kicking and punching to the face were no exception. Nobody helped him, he had to fu*king beat his dad when he was 16 to stop that madness.

So no, you really shouldn't put your hand on your children in any way, even slightest. It can often leave hidden traumas and issues that can resurface anytime in their life (his dad had been beaten too in childhood).

And kids don't owe parents anything, they didn't ask to be born, why should you treat them like your possessions. You, as a parent, have a responsibility to take care of them. If you're not capable of raising children in a loving environment, DO NOT MAKE BABIES.
@_Reas I don't consider myself privileged rathet I think I have completely normal parents, and when I was talking amount mom's slippers, there isn't an ounce of exaggeration in that, Me and all my siblings were constantly beaten by my mom bcz of not doing summer homework until we grew so big that her beatings stopped hurting us, than I sometimes used to make her mad on purpose so she would hit me, it was pretty fun, So again I don't understand this whole abuse thing, even when she was hitting us she was careful not to really hurt us, I don't know if there are some parents who actually try to hurt their children but I don't think a simple beating can be classified as abuse

and ofc I'll be beating my children if they won't study or try smoke or some degenerate bullshit,

Lastly I also don't agree with you you said children don't owe their parents anything, that's so selfish,I mean those 2 people sacrificed their whole lives for you and you can simply say, oh I didn't ask to give birth to me I don't you anything, I mean that just deserves a good harmless beating, children have rights on their parents and parents have rights on their children, if people won't do that they'll get a broken dis functional and degenerate society,

Anyway I don't give a fuck about social commentary, I'm just saying MC is an Asshole
Aug 7, 9:26 AM
Aug 2023
Haruki_Vansh said:

Completely agree with you and no need to be sorry since the OP is the a$$hole here
Aug 7, 9:37 AM
Oct 2023
Mathi786 said:

Yeah kinda but his father also treated him roughly
Aug 7, 9:38 AM
Mar 2021
@Mathi786 This work of fiction is based on real life, so your comments about a show tell us who you are irl.

I'm not gonna continue in this conversation, because if you can't see what's wrong with your statements in the context of what I've said to this point and you cannot see the correlation, it's kinda sad. But keep hatin'.

And also privileged people aren't always the ones with yachts and millions in the bank :)
_ReasAug 7, 9:42 AM
Aug 7, 9:40 AM

Sep 2016
Both the MC and his father are trash, Anzu is the only worthwhile character in this movie.
Aug 7, 9:40 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Kaitaka12
Haruki_Vansh said:

Completely agree with you and no need to be sorry since the OP is the a$$hole here
@Kaitaka12 It's so weird that you people tripping over yourself but other than saying this nonsense, you won't tell me what's the problem, I gave the reasons why I think MC is an idiot, but you won't reason at all, That just tells me you're just butt hurt cz I hit the bullseye
Mathi786Aug 7, 9:46 AM
Aug 7, 9:41 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
Both the MC and his father are trash, Anzu is the only worthwhile character in this movie.
@Zarutaku I sort of agree with you, anzu should've said fuck you to the MC and moved on, but why is father the trash, give me a proper reason, other than drinking ofc
Aug 7, 9:45 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to _Reas
@Mathi786 This work of fiction is based on real life, so your comments about a show tell us who you are irl.

I'm not gonna continue in this conversation, because if you can't see what's wrong with your statements in the context of what I've said to this point and you cannot see the correlation, it's kinda sad. But keep hatin'.

And also privileged people aren't always the ones with yachts and millions in the bank :)
@_Reas It's unfair to just demand from me to prove my own statement wrong, i gave a lots of proper reasons why I think MC is trash, and why his father is somewhat not completely but somewhat justified in his behavior and MC is just being overly obnoxious,

You talked about some general point of views but never about the show so..... say something about the show if you will
Aug 7, 9:49 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Phantom_is_here1
Mathi786 said:

Yeah kinda but his father also treated him roughly
@Phantom_is_here1 Thank goodness I found a voice of reason, and tho I would say he treated him roughly and I hate that drinking habit of his but still, if someone lost his daughter and also his wife and his son looks down on him, you will kinda become aggressive but MC with his fake heavy breathing and running and begging to have panic attacks, I'd say father is much better character
Aug 7, 10:58 AM
Mar 2021
@Mathi786 I think you don't know how debates or discussions work. I've said multiple factually based arguments, aimed directly at your statements or opinions and you rejected them all instantly, talking about your personal empiric (biased) experience.

Also as I mentioned, the things you talked about in your post are tightly linked with issues in the real world. That's why I tried to explain it that way, taking into consideration a broader perspective, incorporating stories of many (real) people I know, which are from different states, upbringing etc... to show you, that your point of view is warped.

You responded to @Phantom_is_here1 with " I finally found a voice of reason" only because he agreed with you on some points and that shows, that you are not open to accept any arguments or ideas except your own.

Therefore I see no reason to participate in this thread anymore.
_ReasAug 7, 12:12 PM
Aug 7, 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Mathi786
@Zarutaku I sort of agree with you, anzu should've said fuck you to the MC and moved on, but why is father the trash, give me a proper reason, other than drinking ofc
@Mathi786 For real? Because the father said to his own son that what happened is all his fault and that he killed Karen and that he should bring her back in exchange for his own life, even though he apologized afterwards he tried to use his drinking as an excuse. Later he tried to force him to accept a new mother out of the blue and move to Tokyo and when his son threw up hearing that, he got violent with him. All of that makes him not just trash, but also a scumbag.
Aug 7, 12:10 PM
Mar 2021
Zarutaku said:
@Mathi786 For real? Because the father said to his own son that what happened is all his fault and that he killed Karen and that he should bring her back in exchange for his own life, even though he apologized afterwards he tried to use his drinking as an excuse. Later he tried to force him to accept a new mother out of the blue and move to Tokyo and when his son threw up hearing that, he got violent with him. All of that makes him not just trash, but also a scumbag.

He will say that it's okay, because the father is also only a human. Why don't you beat your teenage son a bit, when you said all that shit to him and didn't do anything positive. He's only your possession after all and should be glad that he gets to live under your roof.

Bro just won't see any obvious issues, cos MC is just sO imMatUre (literally a child).

I'll come back to see, if he's gonna say that over and over again.
Aug 7, 2:34 PM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
@Hacker075 Look buddy, I am an Asian, this whole nonsense about children getting physically assaulted by their own parents is just nonsense to us asians, we grew up with our mom's slippers so.....

"We had physical abuse normalised because of our culture and now we call anyone who disagrees wrong" is all I hear. You say that being mature makes you see the show differently but the inability to see that hitting a child is bad, suggests that maybe you aren't mature at all.

We've all been physically reprimanded as children, you aren't anyone special. It's being punished in that way as a child that made me realise that it's simply not the answer. If you resort to violence with your kids, then you clearly aren't mature enough to have them.
Aug 7, 6:19 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to _Reas
@Mathi786 I think you don't know how debates or discussions work. I've said multiple factually based arguments, aimed directly at your statements or opinions and you rejected them all instantly, talking about your personal empiric (biased) experience.

Also as I mentioned, the things you talked about in your post are tightly linked with issues in the real world. That's why I tried to explain it that way, taking into consideration a broader perspective, incorporating stories of many (real) people I know, which are from different states, upbringing etc... to show you, that your point of view is warped.

You responded to @Phantom_is_here1 with " I finally found a voice of reason" only because he agreed with you on some points and that shows, that you are not open to accept any arguments or ideas except your own.

Therefore I see no reason to participate in this thread anymore.
@_Reas I think you're just trying to find any excuse to not reply, it's fine you can have it easy, bye, and have nice day
Aug 7, 6:26 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
@Zarutaku you literally answered your own
question, he did said some mean things but than he also apologized, and that's how mistakes and apologies work, And he blamed it on drinking which i made very clear is wrong,
About forcing him to accept new mother thing, I didn't see him forcing anything, he simply introduced him and than MC threw up which again is wrong on MC's part, I do see some questionable behavior here but when you consider it in the light that, his father lost everything he ever loved in his life, I don't see it as scummy behavior,

I mean you will call him a trash for saying somethings when he was angry and drunk than by same logic you should also call MC trash for fighting with his sister when she died, that's be wrong, as this is too,
Aug 7, 6:34 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Hacker075
Mathi786 said:

"We had physical abuse normalised because of our culture and now we call anyone who disagrees wrong" is all I hear. You say that being mature makes you see the show differently but the inability to see that hitting a child is bad, suggests that maybe you aren't mature at all.

We've all been physically reprimanded as children, you aren't anyone special. It's being punished in that way as a child that made me realise that it's simply not the answer. If you resort to violence with your kids, then you clearly aren't mature enough to have them.
@Hacker075 I'd say whatever you said is just nonsense, bcz now you're just commenting on my culture and upbringing, I can say the same about you people who consider parents anger and displine as abuse or violence that you're self centered, narcissistic, overly sensitive brats, But I won't say those things cz that's problem in the real world, and it would be wrong for say it to someone I don't know anything about,

I would like you to keep it about the movie, and also in the movie his father never really hit him, not even once,

all I can say is that you people are very easily manipulated, sympathizing with someone just bcz you're told too is just so funny to me, Think for yourself goddamnit
Aug 7, 11:21 PM
Jul 2024
Mathi786 said:
@TempestDrak What you're saying is total utter nonsense, you're not even giving his father a space for being human, I mean I do think that drinking is generally wrong and disgusting no matter the situation but everything else he did was not wrong,

I don't understand why you said he's feeling aren't even worth showing, is he not a person, you're with surety saying his wrong, which I find laughable, all I can make up with your statements is that you relate with the MC so any fault he has will Magically disappear and bcz you don't relate with his dad, he's a bad guy,

you easily said the father should get over his loss but why won't you say that same
thing about MC, I mean why don't MC get over his loss like that, even tho MC's trauma is smaller than his father's trauma, and also when his father tried to get over his loss he literally threw up in his face, Goddamnit I wanted to punch him so hard at that time

and yes I did say being a bit aggressive is fine towards your children, parents have a lot of rights on their children, if parents give you unconditional love, they can be a bit angry with you, get over it, you idiot

Lmao, you think that a father who is an adult and a mature human is supposed to keep moping around and neglect his other children. You are blaming the MC and comparing their traumas. if you look at it this way , then a teen losing his sister who is also his best friend is not a "small trauma" than an adult losing his daughter.
I never said his feeling aren't worth showing. They are worth showing but after a time, you are supposed to get over it. He is acting like a child. The MC is just a teen so it's understandable that he might take longer to recover from the trauma than his dad. His dad literally reminds him of his sister.How am I supposed to say that the MC should get over the loss when his father clearly hasn't done so?
Again, MC didn't voluntarily throw up in his father's face, it was the father who brought up all the trauma again.
Ok now you are just being an idiot. I don't think being aggressive towards children is fine when they didn't do anything wrong, it's just a form of trauma dumping. Even IF we assume as you said that being a bit aggressive is fine if they give you unconditional love, your definition of unconditional love is twisted. We don't see the father loving his last child unconditionally.
Aug 8, 12:33 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Mathi786
@Zarutaku you literally answered your own
question, he did said some mean things but than he also apologized, and that's how mistakes and apologies work, And he blamed it on drinking which i made very clear is wrong,
About forcing him to accept new mother thing, I didn't see him forcing anything, he simply introduced him and than MC threw up which again is wrong on MC's part, I do see some questionable behavior here but when you consider it in the light that, his father lost everything he ever loved in his life, I don't see it as scummy behavior,

I mean you will call him a trash for saying somethings when he was angry and drunk than by same logic you should also call MC trash for fighting with his sister when she died, that's be wrong, as this is too,
Mathi786 said:
he did said some mean things but than he also apologized, and that's how mistakes and apologies work
Mathi786 said:
About forcing him to accept new mother thing, I didn't see him forcing anything, he simply introduced him and than MC threw up which again is wrong on MC's part

Saying such things in bad faith can't just be atoned for with a mere quick apology and even use drinking as an excuse, it's common knowledge that people become more honest when they are drunk so this is probably what his father really thought about his son, thus he's a scumbag.
And the situation where he introduced the woman was totally forced, he just said that she's going to be his new mother and they're all going to move to Tokyo without even leaving him an option, which makes him even more of a scumbag. The MC panicking and throwing up isn't wrong at all, there's no control over that, and his father getting violent because of that makes him an absolute scumbag. Now please stop trolling me with absurd counterarguments.
Aug 8, 3:10 AM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
@Hacker075 I'd say whatever you said is just nonsense, bcz now you're just commenting on my culture and upbringing, I can say the same about you people who consider parents anger and displine as abuse or violence that you're self centered, narcissistic, overly sensitive brats, But I won't say those things cz that's problem in the real world, and it would be wrong for say it to someone I don't know anything about,

I would like you to keep it about the movie, and also in the movie his father never really hit him, not even once,

all I can say is that you people are very easily manipulated, sympathizing with someone just bcz you're told too is just so funny to me, Think for yourself goddamnit

You said your Mother got angry when her hitting you no longer hurt you. What a sickening bit of behaviour. There's no way you think I'm overly sensitive for saying that your parents shouldn't resort to violence when they can't find a way to actually raise their kids. You've clearly been brainwashed into thinking it's the right thing to do; I hope it's not a case of you enjoying hurting those smaller and/or weaker than you because if so, you need locking up honestly.

This debate is just a back and forth of receptivity so I'll end it here. Please consider why you think it's acceptable and decide whether you actually stand by it or only agree with it because it makes you seem tough.
Aug 8, 4:48 AM

Jan 2023
I think I’m gonna switch to Anilist
ぴいちくぱあちく ぴいちくぱあちく
ぴいちくぱあちく うるさいっ!!
Aug 8, 6:24 AM
Mar 2021
Sadahon said:

These kinds of people are everywhere, I don't think changing platforms will make a difference.

It's just a waste of time to even read this thread anymore. It's sane people vs this one guy.
Aug 8, 8:43 AM
Aug 2023
Sadahon said:

I would switch too, but an idiot in an forum isn't worth destroying all the time I took to make my list and nor is he worth enough for me to waste time creating new lists
Aug 8, 10:22 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to TempestDrak
Mathi786 said:

Lmao, you think that a father who is an adult and a mature human is supposed to keep moping around and neglect his other children. You are blaming the MC and comparing their traumas. if you look at it this way , then a teen losing his sister who is also his best friend is not a "small trauma" than an adult losing his daughter.
I never said his feeling aren't worth showing. They are worth showing but after a time, you are supposed to get over it. He is acting like a child. The MC is just a teen so it's understandable that he might take longer to recover from the trauma than his dad. His dad literally reminds him of his sister.How am I supposed to say that the MC should get over the loss when his father clearly hasn't done so?
Again, MC didn't voluntarily throw up in his father's face, it was the father who brought up all the trauma again.
Ok now you are just being an idiot. I don't think being aggressive towards children is fine when they didn't do anything wrong, it's just a form of trauma dumping. Even IF we assume as you said that being a bit aggressive is fine if they give you unconditional love, your definition of unconditional love is twisted. We don't see the father loving his last child unconditionally.
@TempestDrak I think this you just same thing again and so I won't reply with the same thing again, I m not saying you're totally wrong, There is some truth to what to you said, and the father not behaving as he should (Mainly drinking) but again something you said are also wrong, It's not the father
who has all the responsibility, MC should also try to get over it and they should help each other out, Saying that MC is a teenager doesn't magically solve everything,

Anyway I would like to meet up halfway and agree to disagree
Aug 8, 10:30 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Zarutaku
Mathi786 said:
he did said some mean things but than he also apologized, and that's how mistakes and apologies work
Mathi786 said:
About forcing him to accept new mother thing, I didn't see him forcing anything, he simply introduced him and than MC threw up which again is wrong on MC's part

Saying such things in bad faith can't just be atoned for with a mere quick apology and even use drinking as an excuse, it's common knowledge that people become more honest when they are drunk so this is probably what his father really thought about his son, thus he's a scumbag.
And the situation where he introduced the woman was totally forced, he just said that she's going to be his new mother and they're all going to move to Tokyo without even leaving him an option, which makes him even more of a scumbag. The MC panicking and throwing up isn't wrong at all, there's no control over that, and his father getting violent because of that makes him an absolute scumbag. Now please stop trolling me with absurd counterarguments.
@Zarutaku Amazing just amazing, so you're neglect his actual apology with creating some bullshit in your own mind but you will go to hell and back to create an excuse for the MC, I don't what to say to that, all I can say is you have an extreme bias just you relate on some bias,
And about the women he introduced that he was going marry, you think he shouldn't marry her bcz of MC, but if the roles were reversed and father objected against MC and Anzu's relationship, you will say he has no right to do it.
He just wanted to move on and he found someone who can help him in that why is MC throwing up there, also moving to tokyo thing can be solved easily, it's an anime, MC can live without his parents like anzu,

Lastly you talk I've never threw up in my life, of course you can control your vomiting, or you can run to the nearest toilet in last Mili seconds,

I just don't understand why are you people so hellbent on defending that idiot
Aug 8, 10:36 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Hacker075
Mathi786 said:

You said your Mother got angry when her hitting you no longer hurt you. What a sickening bit of behaviour. There's no way you think I'm overly sensitive for saying that your parents shouldn't resort to violence when they can't find a way to actually raise their kids. You've clearly been brainwashed into thinking it's the right thing to do; I hope it's not a case of you enjoying hurting those smaller and/or weaker than you because if so, you need locking up honestly.

This debate is just a back and forth of receptivity so I'll end it here. Please consider why you think it's acceptable and decide whether you actually stand by it or only agree with it because it makes you seem tough.
@Hacker075 Did you just disrespected my mother? I can't believe you actually did that, Like I m amazed what kinda person you are, you're talking about etiquettes، especially after I told you to keep it about the movie and not to make it personal,

All I can say is fuck you and fuck those people who raised a disrespectful, inconsiderate fucker like you,

And also right now I'm being reminded what Mike Tyson once said ,"People have become too comfortable insulting other people on internet and not being punched in the face"
I wish you disrespected my mum in front me, You'll know what happens than
Mathi786Aug 8, 10:40 AM
Aug 8, 10:39 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to _Reas
Sadahon said:

These kinds of people are everywhere, I don't think changing platforms will make a difference.

It's just a waste of time to even read this thread anymore. It's sane people vs this one guy.
@_Reas Yeah, right sane people, more like little brats who thinks being edgy and treating your parents like enemies is cool🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Aug 8, 11:31 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Mathi786
@Zarutaku Amazing just amazing, so you're neglect his actual apology with creating some bullshit in your own mind but you will go to hell and back to create an excuse for the MC, I don't what to say to that, all I can say is you have an extreme bias just you relate on some bias,
And about the women he introduced that he was going marry, you think he shouldn't marry her bcz of MC, but if the roles were reversed and father objected against MC and Anzu's relationship, you will say he has no right to do it.
He just wanted to move on and he found someone who can help him in that why is MC throwing up there, also moving to tokyo thing can be solved easily, it's an anime, MC can live without his parents like anzu,

Lastly you talk I've never threw up in my life, of course you can control your vomiting, or you can run to the nearest toilet in last Mili seconds,

I just don't understand why are you people so hellbent on defending that idiot
@Mathi786 Let me repeat:
Zarutaku said:
Now please stop trolling me with absurd counterarguments.
Aug 8, 11:57 AM
Mar 2021
@Mathi786 What are you on, respect always goes both ways. If you're a shitty person, no matter your position in society, you are not worthy of being respected. Even if it was my father or mother, if they were scumbags, I would not respect them.

You're blinded by false interpretations of honor and respect. I hope you'll understand that someday. I'm done for real now.
Aug 8, 3:41 PM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
@Hacker075 Did you just disrespected my mother? I can't believe you actually did that, Like I m amazed what kinda person you are, you're talking about etiquettes، especially after I told you to keep it about the movie and not to make it personal,

All I can say is fuck you and fuck those people who raised a disrespectful, inconsiderate fucker like you,

And also right now I'm being reminded what Mike Tyson once said ,"People have become too comfortable insulting other people on internet and not being punched in the face"

lol whatever you say bro. Someone who gets angry when their attempt to hurt their children fails, deserves to be negatively judged in my opinion. it's nothing to do with her relation to you at all.

And don't act tough unless you're trained how to actually fight. I've been punched in the face by people nearly double my weight in sparring hundreds of times and notice how I never jumped to saying that I'd ever fight you? it's because violence for the sake of hurting someone is bad (outside of sport) and threatening people physically online doesn't make you some tough guy.

Mike Tyson was completely right in what he said but don't confuse that with 'If anyone disrespects you, resort to threats or violence', which is what I'm seeing here.
Aug 8, 7:35 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Hacker075
Mathi786 said:

lol whatever you say bro. Someone who gets angry when their attempt to hurt their children fails, deserves to be negatively judged in my opinion. it's nothing to do with her relation to you at all.

And don't act tough unless you're trained how to actually fight. I've been punched in the face by people nearly double my weight in sparring hundreds of times and notice how I never jumped to saying that I'd ever fight you? it's because violence for the sake of hurting someone is bad (outside of sport) and threatening people physically online doesn't make you some tough guy.

Mike Tyson was completely right in what he said but don't confuse that with 'If anyone disrespects you, resort to threats or violence', which is what I'm seeing here.
Hacker075 said:

you're just bloody looser who don't know what to say or what not to say, But again what should I expect from people born and raised in societies crippled by degeneracy and selfishness, where you probably don't know who your father is.

And don't act tough, you're just a teenager who has too much on their hands and nothing more, you're not in a Hollywood movie u idiot,

_Reas said:
You're blinded by false interpretations of honor and respect. I hope you'll understand that someday. I'm done for real now

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, I wanted to discuss a movie but too many angsty little teens who think they're main Character in an anime,
Aug 9, 2:44 AM
Mar 2021
Mathi786 said:
Hacker075 said:

you're just bloody looser who don't know what to say or what not to say, But again what should I expect from people born and raised in societies crippled by degeneracy and selfishness, where you probably don't know who your father is.

And don't act tough, you're just a teenager who has too much on their hands and nothing more, you're not in a Hollywood movie u idiot,

_Reas said:
You're blinded by false interpretations of honor and respect. I hope you'll understand that someday. I'm done for real now

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, I wanted to discuss a movie but too many angsty little teens who think they're main Character in an anime,

I love that you tell me not to act like a tough guy after threatening to beat me up lol. The hypocrisy is absurd.

And jokes about people not seeing their dads? really? Who's the real child in this conversation because attacking a group of people purely because they don't have a present father is both immature and disrespectful. Those people have done nothing to you and yet you berate their living situation. I'm the one who pissed you off because you couldn't comprehend the possibility that you were raised in a bad environment and your response is to attack an entirely seperate group of people who are uninvolved? You've clearly lost it mate.

Maybe actually follow the principles you preach in the future instead of resorting to needless insults like a child 😁👍
Aug 9, 3:17 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Hacker075
Mathi786 said:
Hacker075 said:

_Reas said:

I love that you tell me not to act like a tough guy after threatening to beat me up lol. The hypocrisy is absurd.

And jokes about people not seeing their dads? really? Who's the real child in this conversation because attacking a group of people purely because they don't have a present father is both immature and disrespectful. Those people have done nothing to you and yet you berate their living situation. I'm the one who pissed you off because you couldn't comprehend the possibility that you were raised in a bad environment and your response is to attack an entirely seperate group of people who are uninvolved? You've clearly lost it mate.

Maybe actually follow the principles you preach in the future instead of resorting to needless insults like a child 😁👍
@Hacker075 you dumb I was talking about you,
OH my god, i even have to explain the insult now,

You know this has been an extremely bad experience for me, First you insulted my parents and when I insult your parents, I have to explain my insult to you, I hope some admin guy just lock this whole thread so I have to deal with a dumb idiot like you
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» the end of the movie. clarification

Phantom_373 - Jun 12, 2023

22 by Menace_07 »»
9 hours ago

» How can you make an adaptation as bad as this?

eleven_exists - Sep 23

22 by eleven_exists »»
Sep 24, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Natsu e no Tunnel, Sayonara no Deguchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jutin123 - Sep 9, 2022

162 by Kurtones72 »»
Sep 11, 2:12 AM

» (SPOILER) Why didn't Anzu...

hainq - Jul 27, 2023

21 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 6, 3:23 PM

» Damn, it's BAD

Akita_Han - Nov 16, 2023

25 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 17, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.