Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2017 3:33 PM

Jul 2015
Well, I guess everybody watching it, is wondering: what would happen if "interracial" children are born? If I understood correctly an experiment with gravity as an energy source went wrong and gravity was reversed and in the end the Aiga people with the totalitarian state were the real inverted ones. They could only live "normal" because another sphere was created. But not that it matters.

What I want to know is, what happens to Patema's and Eji's child? Will it be born with the "correct" gravitation, so Patema's gravitation, can it also happen to inherit Eji's gravitation or will it be mixed? So the children will get the ability to switch? Or just random and the "curse" will never end? So to prevent this, you basically have to forbide "reveresed people" to have kids, so that humans can live normal again. It actually may be enough plot for a sequel. :)
PirateMadrykMay 1, 2017 8:34 AM
May 21, 2018 12:58 AM
Dec 2016
I think the child would end up with the gravity of the mother. This isn't based off of any extra knowledge, it's just a hunch.
Jan 26, 2019 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Any children of an inverted and non-inverted couple would have the gravity of the mother.

This is because the inversion affects individual molecules, and the molecules used to build a foetus come from the mother's body, so the foetus/child will be built with molecules from the mother's orientation.

Suppose Eji (male invert) and Patema (female non-invert) had a child. An inverted sperm would fertilize a non-inverted egg, but the sperm's orientation doesn't matter inside the egg cell since it's floating in a fluid anyway. When the fertilized egg divides, the second cell will be built with molecules from the mother (non-inverted molecules in this case), as would all the child's other cells. The child would end up non-inverted.

There would be no adverse health effects, besides having one parent upside down.
Mar 30, 2019 11:29 PM
Dec 2018
If only there was a continuation
Jun 15, 2020 6:13 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
They may born random. Its interesting if they had separated child on the invertion.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 15, 2022 9:17 PM

May 2019
PirateMadryk said:
Well, I guess everybody watching it, is wondering: what would happen if "interracial" children are born? If I understood correctly an experiment with gravity as an energy source went wrong and gravity was reversed and in the end the Aiga people with the totalitarian state were the real inverted ones. They could only live "normal" because another sphere was created. But not that it matters.

What I want to know is, what happens to Patema's and Eji's child? Will it be born with the "correct" gravitation, so Patema's gravitation, can it also happen to inherit Eji's gravitation or will it be mixed? So the children will get the ability to switch? Or just random and the "curse" will never end? So to prevent this, you basically have to forbide "reveresed people" to have kids, so that humans can live normal again. It actually may be enough plot for a sequel. :)

Sorry for quoting, but their kids would ne the legit CAT-TOAST lol

May 31, 2023 7:55 PM
May 2023
Well, as a child of an inverted parent, I can tell you…

Joking aside, I think the response from Jan 26, 2019, 5:01 PM is most plausible
Dec 31, 2023 4:11 PM

Jun 2011
Well this is an open ending, they were able to make some people interverted, so science should be able to reverse that. I think Age and some others will probably look into how to revert and hopefully they manage to do it before they have children.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2:26 AM
Aug 2020
Flip a coin and see what wil happens lol

More topics from this board

» can someone explain the end to me (spoilers)

Scootboi - May 22, 2014

28 by Scootboi »»
Jul 11, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Sakasama no Patema Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takanakaiyo - Oct 12, 2013

247 by YahiyaX777L »»
Jul 11, 3:05 AM

» So what exactly is good about this movie?

Nyron - Dec 28, 2014

35 by YahiyaX777L »»
Jul 11, 2:58 AM

» Is Sakasama no Patema a romance?

Hosny - Jul 20, 2017

6 by YahiyaX777L »»
Jul 11, 2:56 AM

» Sooooo trippy but quite enjoyable :)

lola_ - Sep 4, 2022

8 by YahiyaX777L »»
Jul 11, 2:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.