Forum Settings
Forums

Read a manga specific manga from those 5 mangas/manwha and find your favorite door while reading it. 1st edition

New
Jun 15, 3:36 PM

Mar 2020
So basically, this one is quite simple, this will be the first club activity of the club door lovers, any of those manga's or manwhas will be short reads, the pool of manga have quite the variation to make sure everyone finds something he likes, then you will need to post your favorite door from the manga (you may also do a short review of the manga if you wish to) also reading it fully is not mandatory.

Choice one : Sekai wa Owattemo Ikiru tte Tanoshii, a little unknown manga which is honestly not that bad, it is a very short read of about 38 chapters in japanese and around 20 in english.

Second Choice : The Horizon, this is a manwha, where the world is also at its end basically yes I know its the second time here is the synopsis : In a world ravaged by war, a young boy walks down a lonely road in the aftermath of his mother's death. Along his journey, he witnesses military tanks, dead bodies, and his beloved city in ruins. With eyes clouded by anguish, he pushes himself to keep moving forward. It has exactly 21 chapters

Third choice : Uzumaki, this one is an horror manga which is actually quite well known so it might interest some horror fans here is the synopsis : Synopsis
In the town of Kurouzu-cho, Kirie Goshima lives a fairly normal life with her family. As she walks to the train station one day to meet her boyfriend, Shuuichi Saito, she sees his father staring at a snail shell in an alley. Thinking nothing of it, she mentions the incident to Shuuichi, who says that his father has been acting weird lately. Shuuichi reveals his rising desire to leave the town with Kirie, saying that the town is infected with spirals. It is also a short read with only 19 chapters.

Fourth Choice : Tongari Boushi no Atelier now we dive into fantasy an magic, by far my favorite genre if I may say. Here is the synopsis : Coco, a humble dressmaker's daughter, has always been fascinated by magic and the witches who cast it, despite the strict precautions they take to hide their methods from the public. However, when Coco takes advantage of a golden chance to spy on the skilled witch Qifrey, she realizes that her favorite picture book was a disguised magic book all along! In her excitement, she immediately starts testing out the various spells. The manga has around 79 chapters making it the longest of this list but reading it fully is not mandatory.

Fifth and last Choice :Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san : Lets dive into romance, the genre in which I have read the least manga by far so my recommendation may be pretty average, anyway, here is the synopsis : Masachika Kuze, an unmotivated first-year student attending the prestigious Seirei Academy, mostly spends his time playing gacha games or dozing off during lectures. Despite his reputation as an undisciplined loafer, he attracts the interest of Alisa Mikhailovna "Alya" Kujou, the esteemed "solitary princess" who sits next to him in class.

Alya is deeply revered by her peers, and she captivates people everywhere she goes thanks to her entrancing looks and impeccable conduct. However, the beautiful half-Russian, half-Japanese girl has an adorable secret: while she constantly berates Masachika for his lax behavior, she conceals her true feelings with affectionate and flirtatious remarks in Russian.

Unbeknownst to Alya, Masachika picks up every single one of her comments—for he is fluent in Russian! Bewildered by her enigmatic actions, Masachika decides to act clueless and play along, sparking an unconventional and heartwarming relationship with the charming girl. This one has around 40 chapters.

Alright this was my first idea for things to do in this club, I have other things planned but I must work it a bit more in the meantime here is the first door lovers club event also this event will last exactly one month, so it will end on the 6/15/2024 utc time exactly, then I will do the same with 5 new manga.
ThereisnoonehereJun 15, 6:13 PM
If you like doors welcome to the club Door Lovers!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 15, 4:44 PM

May 2024
THE HORIZON IS SO GOOD
NOT ENOUGH APPRECIATION FOR IT

Edit: Alright y'all I'm going door hunting
4630_Yen_ChanJun 15, 5:05 PM
Jun 15, 4:51 PM

Jan 2024
WE SHALL DOOR THE WORLD OF MANGA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 15, 5:01 PM

Jan 2021
This activity definitely opens the door to some good manga and uzumaki (but that's just my opinion).

Since I have already read them all or am currently reading them, except Sekai wa Owattemo Ikirutte Tanoshii, I will take a look at that one.

My favorite of the 5 manga so far would probably be Tongari Boushi no Atelier, although as @4630_Yen_Chan already said, The Horizen is also pretty good and doesn't get enough love.

Jun 15, 5:03 PM

Mar 2020
Reply to 4630_Yen_Chan
THE HORIZON IS SO GOOD
NOT ENOUGH APPRECIATION FOR IT

Edit: Alright y'all I'm going door hunting
@4630_Yen_Chan I agree on that one to be honest, horizon is truly a great one!
Jun 15, 5:04 PM

Mar 2020
Reply to Animeistaken
WE SHALL DOOR THE WORLD OF MANGA!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Animeistaken YES!
Jun 15, 5:07 PM

Mar 2020
Reply to Mr_Libra
This activity definitely opens the door to some good manga and uzumaki (but that's just my opinion).

Since I have already read them all or am currently reading them, except Sekai wa Owattemo Ikirutte Tanoshii, I will take a look at that one.

My favorite of the 5 manga so far would probably be Tongari Boushi no Atelier, although as @4630_Yen_Chan already said, The Horizen is also pretty good and doesn't get enough love.

@Mr_Libra At least I there is one you haven't read lol I tried to take at least one which is really unknown to make sure no one would have read the 5 of them, that was a close one tbh.
Jun 15, 5:14 PM

Jan 2021
Thereisnoonehere said:
At least I there is one you haven't read lol I tried to take at least one which is really unknown to make sure no one would have read the 5 of them, that was a close one tbh
@Thereisnoonehere To be fair, I'm not the norm when it comes to this, not many people read as much as I do, at least from what I've seen on MAL so far.
Jun 15, 5:17 PM

Mar 2020
Reply to Mr_Libra
Thereisnoonehere said:
At least I there is one you haven't read lol I tried to take at least one which is really unknown to make sure no one would have read the 5 of them, that was a close one tbh
@Thereisnoonehere To be fair, I'm not the norm when it comes to this, not many people read as much as I do, at least from what I've seen on MAL so far.
@Mr_Libra Yeah, most people only read a bit of manga and often prefer watching anime and even amongst those who read more manga you have like quite more reads than most.
Jun 17, 12:44 AM

Jan 2024
This is my favorite door in the series, "The Horizon"

I never would have thought that the hopelessness of life would be portrayed as well as "The Horizon" did. Every chapter made me think "Why?" and that probably was the aim of the author when they proceeded with this work. As an enjoyer of the manga "Oyasumi PunPun", this short Manhwa also elaborates on the mundanity on life and does it in the most excellent way possible. I did have certain problems with some of the earlier chapters but that did not lessen the enjoyment or emptiness that I felt upon finishing this...

In my opinion, such great introspective work of art should not be rated through arbitrary values but I shall as an obligation,
9/10 Golden Door

Jun 24, 8:43 AM

Mar 2020
So personally I have read the first 20 chapters of Tongari Boushi no Atelier, the only one of the 5 I had not read, I really liked this one since I love magic and fantasy stories in general and this one seems to have quite the interesting story behind it related to why they banished certain types of magic and such, the art is very good and the magic system feels fun to learn about focusing on drawing on things to cast magic and not out of thin air like most other magic system, I hope they will go more in depth related to forbidden magic and wars of the past. It is very interesting to see how spells shaped the lands like for the Dadah Range, it seems that the magic of the current era is truly limited but for good reasons, with great powers comes great responsibilities my favorite door is this one :
While this door is quite classic for the medieval like era, the lock seems to be magical of sort and it looks quite great (also there wasn't many doors so the choice was simple)

8/10 Silver door for me, I will continue to read it further for sure since I want to see how the story and magic system develops further.
ThereisnoonehereJun 24, 8:48 AM
Jun 26, 10:03 AM

Nov 2019
I read Tongari Boushi no Atelier up to volume 7 and my favorite is this one :

I love how big and extra it is. The door-knobs make the door look like a climbing wall which is so cool! The doors we saw so far in the manga were average sized with a unique twist on the metalwork or overall shape, while this one suits perfectly the vibes of the Great Hall which is full of magic, decorations and extravagance.
The manga has a lot of cool and unique entrances like this one :
altough it's not a door, I find it very cool. I mean as long as it's not stairs it's ok to show it right? (((( ;°Д°))))

I really like the art, the designs, the world but the characters despite being enjoyable aren't "strong" yet, I'm waiting for a twist. I rated it a 9 in my mangalist for the details I wrote above but it would be a 8/10 Silver Door by the club's rating systeme.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Watch an anime from those 5 anime and find your favorite door while reading it. 1st edition (Same for manga but anime this time)

Thereisnoonehere - Jul 1

2 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jul 8, 3:25 PM

» Every type of doors list:

Thereisnoonehere - Jun 16

4 by Animeistaken »»
Jun 17, 12:29 AM

Sticky: » The war is raging, in the forum games the battle territory has been opened, the counting game has started.

Thereisnoonehere - Jun 15

3 by Kioshi »»
Jun 15, 8:46 PM

» Official doors rating of series.

Thereisnoonehere - Jun 8

0 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jun 8, 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.