Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 8, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Kvothe51 said:
KaiserBait said:

I already like the new Quinx squad. I pity those who think Urie is still the same person we see at the beginning of the series.

Not the same person, but still a douche

Do you expect him to be a saint? There's no reason for him have 360 degree character change.

Jan 8, 2016 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
KaiserBait said:
Kvothe51 said:

Do you expect him to be a saint? There's no reason for him have 360 degree character change.
I'm pretty sure you meant 180 degree character change because 360 degrees is a full circle meaning he'll go back to how he used to be.
UltvejJan 8, 2016 6:31 AM
Jan 8, 2016 6:54 AM

Aug 2014
^ Lmao, in cold blood.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 8, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2014
KaiserBait said:
Kvothe51 said:

Do you expect him to be a saint? There's no reason for him have 180 degree character change.

When did I say I expected him to be a saint?

He's still a douche. Maybe not as big of a douche, bit still a douche.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2016 9:23 AM

Dec 2015
"I’m not the protagonist of a novel or anything…I’m a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But… if, for argument’s sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be… a tragedy."

He predicted everything..
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Jan 8, 2016 10:59 AM

Nov 2015
I-get-you-kaneki said:

6. Who the fuck is Furuta, or whatever his name is, the guy who was seen with Kaneki in the last panel? I mix up a lot of names, fault on my part.

He's not Souta, that's all I'll say.

7. Does Kaneki plan on joining the clowns?

Part 1 was a tragedy.
Part 2 is a comedy.

8. What does Kaneki plan on doing with his life...

We should all ask ourselves this.
Jan 9, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
poor hinami :(

someone go save her! How about you, kaneki? -.-
Jan 9, 2016 7:44 AM
Jan 2016
Oh man. I cant wait to see next chapter.
About Furuta. I think he didnt reveal his true intentions to Kaneki yet. All we know is they are working toghether now. I doubt Ken know he is spy (if he really is with Clowns), although he may suspect something. Anyway he must have trust in him because I think they went to Eto to devise a plan of rescuing Hinami. Its good because he can bring a book from her with exact instructions for Hinami before she will be killed and it wont be too strange.
Jan 9, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2014
Lex3er said:
Oh man. I cant wait to see next chapter.
About Furuta. I think he didnt reveal his true intentions to Kaneki yet. All we know is they are working toghether now. I doubt Ken know he is spy (if he really is with Clowns), although he may suspect something. Anyway he must have trust in him because I think they went to Eto to devise a plan of rescuing Hinami. Its good because he can bring a book from her with exact instructions for Hinami before she will be killed and it wont be too strange.
I don't think that Kaneki trusts anyone at all really, maybe Hinami only because I don't think he trusts anyone from the CCG nor the Anteiku or now :re. As for that theory in the end, I find it really interesting. He could really do that, Eto and him devise a plan and 'slip' it in a book and then Kaneki can give it to Hinami.
Jan 9, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
Agent-Phrank said:
I-get-you-kaneki said:

6. Who the fuck is Furuta, or whatever his name is, the guy who was seen with Kaneki in the last panel? I mix up a lot of names, fault on my part.

Of course, we still haven't confirmed it to actually be him. I'm just putting it out there as something to think about given what we've seen so far. I won't really be surprised if he's not Souta after what happened with Kijima. But there's the pun with Furu-ta (Full-ta) and Sou-ta (Full-ta) and we know Ishida loves his puns.

Jan 10, 2016 3:17 AM

Aug 2015
Please tell me that chapter 60 will be out next week
Jan 10, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2014
AndyShoes said:

Next week yeah.

must contain more than 15 words blablabla
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2016 4:51 AM

Dec 2015
Can someone lend me a time machine?

Jan 10, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
SleighBells said:
Be sure to bring me with you.
Jan 10, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2015
Nuvviveji said:
SleighBells said:
Be sure to bring me with you.

Hehe of course bro.

Jan 10, 2016 5:59 AM

Aug 2015
Kvothe51 said:
AndyShoes said:

Next week yeah.

must contain more than 15 words blablabla

Thank you, that means i'm going to sleep.

Wake me up next sunday lol
Jan 10, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2015
EasyGo-er said:
Agent-Phrank said:

Of course, we still haven't confirmed it to actually be him. I'm just putting it out there as something to think about given what we've seen so far. I won't really be surprised if he's not Souta after what happened with Kijima. But there's the pun with Furu-ta (Full-ta) and Sou-ta (Full-ta) and we know Ishida loves his puns.

Wow funny puns, I'm convinced. Not.

Furuta is simply a decoy for Souta.

Jan 12, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
Well I enjoyed that. Needs more Suzuya though and there was a lack on Mutsuki. Other than that I enjoyed this.
Kaneki smiling. Not used to it.
Jan 12, 2016 9:34 PM

Apr 2014
ma103 said:
Keneki said:
God damn it. Ending both chapter 58 and 59 with one only page of Kaneki at the end. Ishida pls.

You spelled your god's name wrong. Keneki.

Nah its Ken Kaneki merged together.
Jan 13, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2015
Remeber this prediction out of nowhere: ARIMA IS GOING TO BE KILLED BY HIRAKO WHO BACKSTABBS HIM
Jan 13, 2016 7:55 PM
Dec 2015
What isn't dealt with so far by Ishida is how Furuta is evading the Ghoul scanners at the entrance to the Investigators' HQ. If Furuta and Eto have passed through without detection (and Sasaki back then), there's no telling now how many Aogiri/Clown one-eyed infiltrations have occurred.

Also, I'd say the reason Kaneki is not visiting his lil' sis is because he is busy gathering firepower to break her out. His scathing comment to Urie 6 months ago after eating Eto suggests he is self-aware of his powerlessness and will not move until he is sure he has the means to achieve his goals. There is no way an Associate Special Class getting paired up with Furuta (the mole) is a pure coincidence. Eto is probably going to be a temporary ally, and anyway, he still needs to honour the former Manager's death wish to look after her (despite what he did to her on the top of the tower).
Jan 13, 2016 8:59 PM

Oct 2014
AndyShoes said:
Remeber this prediction out of nowhere: ARIMA IS GOING TO BE KILLED BY HIRAKO WHO BACKSTABBS HIM
He'll be 0.1 seconds too slow
Jan 14, 2016 12:05 AM

Jul 2013
pretentiousgabby said:
AndyShoes said:

Lmao. Now I really want to see that happens. :3

Jan 14, 2016 9:34 AM

Aug 2015
It would be awesome, i don't want Arima to die but i predict his death. Maybe in a clown arc, during a wack a mole operation, during a big figth (with Uta?), we see what i've said. I know it's basically fantasy and stupid, but it would be awesome to have a moment like this. Thinking about it maybe, if he's really going to die there's only one candidate to be his killer and we all know who
Jan 14, 2016 11:17 AM

Dec 2014
EasyGo-er said:
pretentiousgabby said:

When Kaneki was first promoted to ASC I was wondering who will he team up with and besides based Furuta, Hirako came to mind. Imagine Hirako fighting and then Kaneki's kagune tells him that he's 0.1s too slow, that would be hilarious.
Jan 14, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2014
Nuvviveji said:
EasyGo-er said:

When Kaneki was first promoted to ASC I was wondering who will he team up with and besides based Furuta, Hirako came to mind. Imagine Hirako fighting and then Kaneki's kagune tells him that he's 0.1s too slow, that would be hilarious.
That'd be hilarious and disturbing
Jan 15, 2016 4:57 AM

Nov 2015
Where is Mutsuki?! I'm going to assume he's moved squads, and will be featured in later chapters, because surely Ishida wouldn't take him away so soon after Shirazu's death.
Jan 15, 2016 11:16 AM

Nov 2015
Reminder that I, Agent-Phrank, warned all of you that Souta is Yoshitoki.
Jan 17, 2016 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
So finally decided to continue reading TG:re, had it dropped after 25+ chapters cause kinda didn't like new characters. Can say that it was worth, the last chapters were great and obv waited for Kaneki to return. What i want to say at least for me if i really like manga i'll try to read all text to understand what's going on or to understand characters more, but for TG:re i think that 80% of text is just useless, and that is the same as it was in TG. Maybe it's because there are so many characters, so i'll talk about the characters with quite a lot of screentime, Sasaki's group. The first 30 chapters are mostly about them and with so much time they should have some importart part in the story, but it doesm't feel like at all. The chapters with Kaneki and Eto fightong are great, but not those beginning ones.
So a couple of questions if anyone can answer, Haise is still one-eyed ghoul, so what about his hunger for human meat, and i think i didn't miss it or still it wasn't even mentioned, i assume that Hide is dead?
Jan 17, 2016 3:51 PM

Oct 2014
allenjke said:
So finally decided to continue reading TG:re, had it dropped after 25+ chapters cause kinda didn't like new characters. Can say that it was worth, the last chapters were great and obv waited for Kaneki to return. What i want to say at least for me if i really like manga i'll try to read all text to understand what's going on or to understand characters more, but for TG:re i think that 80% of text is just useless, and that is the same as it was in TG. Maybe it's because there are so many characters, so i'll talk about the characters with quite a lot of screentime, Sasaki's group. The first 30 chapters are mostly about them and with so much time they should have some importart part in the story, but it doesm't feel like at all. The chapters with Kaneki and Eto fightong are great, but not those beginning ones.
So a couple of questions if anyone can answer, Haise is still one-eyed ghoul, so what about his hunger for human meat, and i think i didn't miss it or still it wasn't even mentioned, i assume that Hide is dead?
hide hasn't been mentioned yet. If I recall correctly haise is fed by the ccg
Jan 17, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
allenjke said:

The answers to your question are in the manga but too bad you won't find any since 80 percent of the texts are useless.
Jan 17, 2016 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
Z4k said:
allenjke said:

The answers to your question are in the manga but too bad you won't find any since 80 percent of the texts are useless.
Ironically he complains about 'useless' text while having the Monogatari Series listen as one of his favorite anime.....wew lad.
Also don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Monogatari but I just found it funny.
Jan 17, 2016 4:26 PM

Nov 2014
(S)he should learn to enjoy reading literature before reading any manga that isn't just mindless action and fighting.
Jan 18, 2016 2:23 AM

Jul 2012
Nuvviveji said:
Z4k said:

Ironically he complains about 'useless' text while having the Monogatari Series listen as one of his favorite anime.....wew lad.
Also don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Monogatari but I just found it funny.

The point is anime and manga isn't it? And at first it was kinda hard to follow Monogatari, but i managed it and like it. And Monogatari doesn't have million characters which are randomly appearing and dissapearing. Forgot to write my point about Sasaki's squad, when Shirazu died the feeling was he is just dead, nothing more. So what was his role?
BTW thanks for answering about Haise, and even with this miss i still think that 80% of text is useless.
allenjkeJan 18, 2016 2:28 AM
Jan 18, 2016 2:27 AM

Jul 2012
Kvothe51 said:
(S)he should learn to enjoy reading literature before reading any manga that isn't just mindless action and fighting.

I'm sorry i'm not a reading person, so if you're saying that you did read all the text in TG:re i can't say anything against it, but i don't think you can convince me to read it because all aforementioned reasons.
Jan 18, 2016 3:00 AM

Jul 2014
Good for you... what do you want? A pat on the back? If you don't enjoy it, drop it. Why the flip are you trying to argue with randoms in this forum? You don't like reading, i get it. You think most of the text and the characters are useless. Okay... So?
Jan 18, 2016 4:02 AM

Jul 2012
Arcanix said:
Good for you... what do you want? A pat on the back? If you don't enjoy it, drop it. Why the flip are you trying to argue with randoms in this forum? You don't like reading, i get it. You think most of the text and the characters are useless. Okay... So?

Well, seems like people here are die-hard TG fans, which i see where it's coming and i don't mean it in a bad way. My main point is that it was the 1st time when i liked manga the way how it happened. So i was interested if people are feeling the same way, but seems like i'm the only one here. And you're probably right, there's no point arguing with randoms =/
Jan 18, 2016 4:49 AM

Dec 2014
allenjke said:
Nuvviveji said:

The point is anime and manga isn't it? And at first it was kinda hard to follow Monogatari, but i managed it and like it. And Monogatari doesn't have million characters which are randomly appearing and dissapearing. Forgot to write my point about Sasaki's squad, when Shirazu died the feeling was he is just dead, nothing more. So what was his role?
BTW thanks for answering about Haise, and even with this miss i still think that 80% of text is useless.
Textbook ignorance.
Jan 18, 2016 6:12 AM

Jul 2012
Nuvviveji said:
allenjke said:

Textbook ignorance.

Well, that's pretty much the expected answer. Seems like it's really pointless arguing here.
Jan 18, 2016 5:42 PM

Nov 2014
At this point I decided to be somewhat desensitized and unbiased towards most of the characters shown in recent chapters. This way I avoid disagreeing with a lot of people, like the guys that think Kaneki is badass and Savage, that are adopting the morals (every loss is due to incompetence. Really? , this saying is so edgy I can shave myself with it). This is becoming pure psychological terror.

Jan 24, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
I forgot that Hinami was in jail

Nov 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Jun 2016
Aogiri is getting crushed.
And CCG wants to visit Takatsuki.
Sad to see the Hinami in that cell :(
Nov 21, 2018 12:53 PM

Feb 2013
You have to save Hinami, Kaneki!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 22, 2021 9:14 AM

Apr 2020
Three new recruits in the Q squad. Mutsuki is not around. Probably got transferred to a different squad maybe? Where is she?
Matsuri is as dislikeable as ever.
Urie is feeling bad for Hinami!? Character development I see.

Furuta and Haise together! That too investigating Takatsuki Aka Eto
--AbiSa--
Nov 18, 2022 6:08 PM
Jul 2022
The perfect conclusion to this arc.
Jun 7, 11:51 AM

Aug 2017
Free my girl Hinami. She did nothing wrong. She's innocent! I swear it on Anteiku.

Oct 7, 10:03 PM
May 2017
When will he save Hina?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

129 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.