Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2023 5:35 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode, i keep enjoying every moments
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 8, 2023 8:24 AM
Sep 2022
Boooo at the censorship, but still another fantastic episode. Ming Yi looks so good
Nov 8, 2023 8:48 AM

Feb 2016
Ming Yi and Shi Qingxuan seem to be really good friends 😉
Nov 8, 2023 9:50 AM
May 2023
Earth Master *love*
Nov 8, 2023 10:27 AM

Jun 2021
sarybelle said:
Boooo at the censorship, but still another fantastic episode. Ming Yi looks so good

Can you please specify what was censored exactly?? I haven't read the novel but wanna know :⁠-⁠(

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Nov 8, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to MickeyMinaj
sarybelle said:

Can you please specify what was censored exactly?? I haven't read the novel but wanna know :⁠-⁠(
@MickeyMinaj It’s pretty minor, but in the novel Xie Lian falls onto Hua Cheng’s lap instead of at his feet. But also all those minor interactions are some of the best parts of the novel, so it’s lame when they cut them out
Nov 8, 2023 10:34 AM

Jun 2021
sarybelle said:
@MickeyMinaj It’s pretty minor, but in the novel Xie Lian falls onto Hua Cheng’s lap instead of at his feet. But also all those minor interactions are some of the best parts of the novel, so it’s lame when they cut them out

Would've loved to see thatttt, what's wrong with china censoring parts that are not even sexual, it's skinship between guys at best on the exterior. Guess it's time to start reading the novel. Thanks for your explanation!

Nov 8, 2023 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
punching the air rn because Xie lian didn’t fall on Hua Cheng's lap
Nov 8, 2023 10:53 AM
Oct 2020
Not only was the landing on Hua Cheng 's lap censored, but the second round of throwing dice too. Also, the Shi Qinxuan' s comment about it. On that couch/bed/whatever, Hua Cheng was transmitting his good luck to Xie Lian by touching his palms for a lot of time. After that, when Shi Qinxuan asked Xie Lian about their mission, he actually said "I only remember you playing around (...) you were feeling his hands and he was feeling yours, what kind of new method was that?". I got so frustrated.
Nov 8, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2020
WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. I'm so upset!!!
1. They totally cut off HC's reaction to XL's claim of abstaining from sex! C'mon! That was such a subtle moment! :(
2. Why drag these dumb side quests for so long?
3. HOW COULD THEY OMIT OUT XL DIRECTLY DROPPING ON HC's LAP IN THAT FINAL SCENE??? I'm crying!!

If they cut off XL falling on HC's lap they can censor things coming later too in that case!
Gosh I'm disappointed
Nov 8, 2023 11:37 AM
Oct 2021
Wind master is soò much funny.. I like him. I wish I get a friend like him then I never need to be unhappy anymore.. he will always cheers me up..
Nov 8, 2023 12:40 PM

Dec 2020
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay earth master time!

i'll take it censored rather than not at all
Nov 8, 2023 1:02 PM
Apr 2021
The only issue I have is the censorship. After reading the novels and even the webtoon, it just disappoints me BUT it was still a beautifully animated episode.
Nov 8, 2023 1:06 PM
Apr 2021
Kiri_Hina_Shouyo said:
1. They totally cut off HC's reaction to XL's claim of abstaining from sex! C'mon! That was such a subtle moment! :(
3. HOW COULD THEY OMIT OUT XL DIRECTLY DROPPING ON HC's LAP IN THAT FINAL SCENE??? I'm crying!!

If they cut off XL falling on HC's lap they can censor things coming later too in that case!
Gosh I'm disappointed

I think it will ruin the Anime for me if they censored the way they exchange spiritual power...that is the best...but if they can't even show him falling on his lap I have no hope for them actually kissing. I'm not sure how they'll animate the rest of the novels when 4-8 are more about their relationship together and how they grow into the couple they become. I'm still going to watch it lol BUT I will be expressing my displeasure every episode they do this.
Nov 8, 2023 3:18 PM

May 2017
Still enjoyed this ep eventho they censored some of parts of the novel..but oh well this donghua once again, dont hope too much lol still good ep despite the censorship
Nov 8, 2023 3:59 PM
Jun 2020
MickeyMinaj said:
sarybelle said:

apparently (i have read the novel myself but i forgot this moment) is the censorship for when Xie Lian falls from the roof in the armory chamber. in this episode, he falls onto the ground, but in the novel he falls into Hua Chengs lap. sad that they censored it indeed.
Nov 8, 2023 4:01 PM
Jun 2020
lordgaara said:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay earth master time!

i'll take it censored rather than not at all

true! it's so sad but better have this than nothing indeed :)
Nov 8, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2020
i'm also pretty happy with the pacing with the novel because I know what moments we probably will get :D but also if only this was 24 episodes we'd get to my favorite moments XD
Nov 8, 2023 7:40 PM

Jun 2021
lola02 said:
MickeyMinaj said:

apparently (i have read the novel myself but i forgot this moment) is the censorship for when Xie Lian falls from the roof in the armory chamber. in this episode, he falls onto the ground, but in the novel he falls into Hua Chengs lap. sad that they censored it indeed.

*makes sad noises* :((

Nov 8, 2023 10:29 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to SukunasRose
Kiri_Hina_Shouyo said:

Gosh I'm disappointed

I think it will ruin the Anime for me if they censored the way they exchange spiritual power...that is the best...but if they can't even show him falling on his lap I have no hope for them actually kissing. I'm not sure how they'll animate the rest of the novels when 4-8 are more about their relationship together and how they grow into the couple they become. I'm still going to watch it lol BUT I will be expressing my displeasure every episode they do this.
@SukunasRose I totally agree. I read the novel right after finishing season 1 and still reading the Manhua... Honestly, I was so damn excited for the Demon Realm arc because of the subtle flirtations by HC but I guess if they are censoring non-sexual things... it's going to get worse. I might stop watching it altogether if that happens!
Nov 9, 2023 3:18 AM
Feb 2023
nooo the censorship T_T but still good episode
Nov 9, 2023 5:19 PM

Aug 2023
Flawless once again. PEAK PEAK PEAK!!! They are so mischievous in this episode, I was on the edge of my seat. The animation is so beautiful in this show, truly unmatched!
Nov 10, 2023 6:33 AM
Sep 2021
Another great episode, I enjoyed seeing SQX and XL's interactions once again... Also Ming Yi finally made his appearance!!!!! The beefleaf moments were everything wsdhfkbhds!!!!
Regarding the censorship, I'm disappointed but not surprised. I am worried for the road ahead though, if they could censor something this "minor."

If anyone reading this hasn't read the novel yet, I'd greatly encourage you to do so since it's the purest and most fulfilling version of this story. It's not that the donghua/anime is bad (I've greatly enjoyed experiencing different versions of this story) but rather that the novel is so much more detailed.
Nov 10, 2023 8:47 AM
Jun 2023
Xie Lian not falling on Hua Cheng's lap is so disappointing I was waiting for this ;-;
Seeing how close they were in the previous episodes I thought there would be no censor but now I fear they'll remove stuff from the incoming episodes too..
Nov 12, 2023 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
YIPPIE BEAFLEAF!!
Nov 12, 2023 1:16 PM
Sep 2020
Kinda boring episode, nothing really happened.
Nov 12, 2023 11:19 PM
Nov 2014
They're so goofy, and despite a few changes from the source material it's still so adorable seeing Hua Cheng and Xie Lian interacting. Also, I love the wind master, they're a riot XD
May 14, 2:39 AM
Sep 2021
i wish if the last secne was two of them kissing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 6 Discussion

otakuweek - Dec 6, 2023

28 by fast2611 »»
Oct 2, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 10 Discussion

otakuweek - Jan 3

13 by Khashishi »»
Oct 1, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 8 Discussion

otakuweek - Dec 20, 2023

17 by Khashishi »»
Oct 1, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 7 Discussion

otakuweek - Dec 13, 2023

22 by Khashishi »»
Oct 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 3 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 1, 2023

17 by conanbush »»
Jul 6, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.