Forum Settings
Forums
Coffee Moon
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 9, 2022 8:57 PM

Jan 2017
Did anyone else notice a huge drop off in quality after the first arc? It's not just the sudden switch from a slow paced mystery to battle manga but there's also the weird way the characters and settings are drawn.

Like the backgrounds look like they were put through a filter and are a lot less detailed, the faces have tons of shape and sizing errors and everyone's less emotive. Am I imagining this???
Apr 10, 2022 10:44 PM
Apr 2022
Indeed, even the charachter hands are poorly drawn. Don't know why but must be related to the amazing detail kept in the whole story, the rain and all that ink are quite demanding.
Anyway now it looks like is drawn by an aprentice. It's sad because it is by far one of the most beautiful mangas I've ever seen.
In fact I create my account at MAL to reply this.
Apr 18, 2022 5:03 PM

Jan 2017
laughtman said:
Indeed, even the charachter hands are poorly drawn. Don't know why but must be related to the amazing detail kept in the whole story, the rain and all that ink are quite demanding.
Anyway now it looks like is drawn by an aprentice. It's sad because it is by far one of the most beautiful mangas I've ever seen.
In fact I create my account at MAL to reply this.

Yeah, I thought the same!

It's weird that they handed off the art (and it looks like the story too) to an apprentice immediately after the first arc. If they didn't want to work on it anymore, they could've just ended it there and it wouldn't have felt axed at all.
Apr 27, 2022 9:02 PM

Jan 2017
And now the art went back to being good with chapter 20...What's going on???
Jun 16, 2022 2:29 PM
Jun 2020
I thought the exact same thing.
laughtman said:
Don't know why but must be related to the amazing detail kept in the whole story, the rain and all that ink are quite demanding.

It would be possible that the author wanted to reduce the work load of one chapter but was unhappy with how it turned out, but the genre suddenly changed too. It was an entirely different person for sure.
Anyway, I really look forward to how the manga will continue. Having to finish a possibly derailed story is not easy.
Jun 16, 2022 2:41 PM
Apr 2022
Drunizas said:
laughtman said:
Don't know why but must be related to the amazing detail kept in the whole story, the rain and all that ink are quite demanding.

It would be possible that the author wanted to reduce the work load of one chapter but was unhappy with how it turned out, but the genre suddenly changed too. It was an entirely different person for sure.
Anyway, I really look forward to how the manga will continue. Having to finish a possibly derailed story is not easy.

It's kinda strange in fact, I've researched about the author, originally it's a hentai mangaka, I've read one of the most recent hentai works and it looks exactly like the latest Coffee Moon chapters so, the first arc must have been drawn by someone ese and since then the author who has drawn it is the author to whom the manga is attributed (Mochita Bota).
Jun 19, 2022 1:59 AM
Aug 2020
laughtman said:
Drunizas said:

It's kinda strange in fact, I've researched about the author, originally it's a hentai mangaka, I've read one of the most recent hentai works and it looks exactly like the latest Coffee Moon chapters so, the first arc must have been drawn by someone ese and since then the author who has drawn it is the author to whom the manga is attributed (Mochita Bota).

Eh, I've looked at other hentai by that dude and it was so high quality that I immediately recognized that it has to be from the same mangaka
Jul 5, 2022 6:02 PM

Jan 2017
Drunizas said:
laughtman said:

Yeah, I hope they can rerail it, if not just ignore everything that happened since the first arc.
I wonder who their ghost writer is though. It looks like they're very inexperienced, not only with art, but also story-telling. Why would they have gotten the job if their style greatly differs from Mochita?
Nov 7, 2022 3:32 PM
Mar 2021
redpandagirl said:
And now the art went back to being good with chapter 20...What's going on???
I feel like it's good in some panels only and it's mostly panels that we already saw before. Or is it just me ?
Anyway I'm quite sad for the state of this manga, i liked it a lot but i already felt like the ending of the first arc was a bit rushed (or at least a bit to fast). And now it seems to me like all the qualities just disappeared out of nowhere :(
Nov 3, 2023 3:55 PM

Sep 2014
So you are saying to skip to chapter 20 and it gets good again? Thx I will give it a try.

On the topic though, the first 2 volumes were pretty avantgarde. If the author didnt have a plan layed out on what to do with the setting then it makes sense they dropped it and just let someone else do some work instead of just dropping the IP as well.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 3, 2023 5:58 PM

Aug 2021
I think my eye hurts
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coffee Moon Chapter 13 Discussion

Karva1 - Apr 21, 2022

2 by Comander-07 »»
Oct 30, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Coffee Moon Chapter 16 Discussion

MrRandomGUYS - Sep 6, 2021

2 by HibiChika »»
Dec 10, 2022 6:59 AM

Poll: » Coffee Moon Chapter 12 Discussion

jeolius - Feb 7, 2021

5 by Atavistic »»
Aug 19, 2022 12:40 AM

Poll: » Coffee Moon Chapter 11 Discussion

Karva1 - Apr 21, 2022

0 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 2022 10:22 AM

Poll: » Coffee Moon Chapter 8 Discussion

Karva1 - Apr 21, 2022

0 by Karva1 »»
Apr 21, 2022 10:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.