Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2023 2:51 AM

Sep 2018
that...was the least anything has ever interested me without actively repelling me. They're seriously wasting a whole episode, which they only get three of, waffling about gunpla and then showing off characters and waiting for you to clap? The combat animation was good, and 2D mecha is a dying genre so we need all we can get, but is this really all they can do for the build fighters 15th anniversary?

Mask Lady's color palette looks like a .hack// character (which I should be clear is a compliment) but that just made me think about how .hack//Quantum is the same length as Build Metaverse and it packed so much into its first episode. Everything about this show just reminds me of better series I could have watched an episode of instead. Why the hell did they give this to the writer of base Build Divers instead of the writers for Build Fighters/Build Fighters Try or Build Divers Re:Rise? They're so much better at actually telling a story, but I guess they just wanted a vehicle for shoving new gunpla in your face and telling you to buy them.
Oct 6, 2023 4:31 AM

Jul 2012
Not bad.

So who is Seria? I don’t remember her from Build Fighters/Divers, although it’s been some time since I watched those series.
Oct 6, 2023 5:12 AM

Oct 2015
My thoughts on the first episode:

Moon-Moon looks exactly like the one in Gundam ZZ. ANIME JA NAI (real Gundam fans will understand this line differently from anime normies)

Fumina is back! Where is Minato Sakai and his SUPER FUMINA? XD

Riku built a new Gundam 00 with AGE-FX parts! :)
Does Riku's team age? They looks younger than they are in Build Divers Re:Rise. o_o

And my biggest criticism of the episode, Seria's Strike Rogue Gundam design. Why are you using an anti-battleship swords from the Cosmic Era, they are impractical due to lack of repelling factor., just get the giant beam sabre from ZZ Gundam. Shinn Asuka learnt it the hard way in his final fight in Gundam SEED Destiny, trying to parry a beam sabre with that lousy sword. >_>

Will continue to watch the anime! :)

EDIT: Am I the only one looking out for Patrick 'Immortal' Colassour? XD
Oct 6, 2023 6:59 AM
Nov 2019
ini cerita gabungan antara gundam build fighter dan drivers
My Candies :
Oct 6, 2023 10:36 AM
Feb 2020
Nice animation, as always the Build series has amazing OSTs.
The episode presents you the new batch of characters while showing the original Build Divers; they are not, however, shown for much other than nostalgia for the fans of the series and I have the feeling it will be the same for the other characters from the other Build series such as Fighters, Fighters Try and Divers Re:Rise.
Still, it was fun and it let me see Meijin Kawaguchi again, so I'm satisfied
Oct 6, 2023 12:02 PM
Jan 2018
oof. The animation is rough. I never thought I would ever give Build Divers props, but even that show had decent animation. Now and then. I guess G-Witch took all of Sunrise's animation money.

It's exploitative and manipulative to use Sei and Reiji to get fans to stick with this show. After Rerise did the hard work to earn back Gundam fans goodwill, apparently this ONA exists to remind you Gundam is just a pretty toy commercial. Except the anime isn't even pretty, even when they only have to do three episodes.

Barbatos Lupus Amazing was pretty great tho. I can at least give the show that.

Oct 6, 2023 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
Character design is kinda half-assed. Wonder, if well see Iori Rinko once again.
Oct 6, 2023 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
0:31 Mask Lady battles Rio at Moon Moon, at 6:14 Seria claims she was up all night watching ZZ episode 1, as if she was leaving a clue about her identity for Rio.
2:04 "A half-century has passed..." references the original opening narration to Mobile Suit Gundam.
2:20 Based on the background scenery, that's the Freedom Gundam outside Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport Shanghai Jinqiao.
2:57 I am glad BACK-ON is back to do the opening theme, it's just not been the same without them.
4:37 He has Cucuruz Doan's Zaku II!
5:03 His helmet resembles Lady Prospera's
5:18 His neighbour's T-shirt has "79" on it.
5:38 Barbatos statue
11:47 That vertical pan really demonstrates how ridiculous the exposed pistons and abdomen is for the Barbatos.
12:19 Behind Fumina is a user with an Elan avatar and someone in a Haro mask (Norea perhaps?)
13:55 Note: Mask Lady is implying that these are fans of real players called Riku and Sarah who copied their avatars, not that Riku and Sarah are fictional in the Metaverse. That they mentioned Yukki at 14:14 is a giveaway. This is all of course, a red herring as 21:32 reveals they are the real deal.
15:05 Ok, I dig that Wing Zero style head on the on 00 Diver Arc.
15:44 F-Kunoichi Kai is based on an SD F91 Gundam (F91 = F-Kujūichi ) hence the reference to afterimages with mass at 19:07
17:24 For the first time Fighters and Divers characters interacting on screen (and not just voice cameos).
23:20 I just think of Domon and Master Asia whenever Rio cries out Master.
23:44 A very disturbing thing is that Seria losing at the end revealed her true appearance behind her avatar.
Fortress_MaximusOct 7, 2023 4:56 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 6, 2023 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
Well they didn't let that obvious mystery fester. Seria has a big time enemy that seems to be able to erase your gunpla and avi.
Oct 6, 2023 9:10 PM
Apr 2018
Reply to NewestPersonHere
My thoughts on the first episode:

Moon-Moon looks exactly like the one in Gundam ZZ. ANIME JA NAI (real Gundam fans will understand this line differently from anime normies)

Fumina is back! Where is Minato Sakai and his SUPER FUMINA? XD

Riku built a new Gundam 00 with AGE-FX parts! :)
Does Riku's team age? They looks younger than they are in Build Divers Re:Rise. o_o

And my biggest criticism of the episode, Seria's Strike Rogue Gundam design. Why are you using an anti-battleship swords from the Cosmic Era, they are impractical due to lack of repelling factor., just get the giant beam sabre from ZZ Gundam. Shinn Asuka learnt it the hard way in his final fight in Gundam SEED Destiny, trying to parry a beam sabre with that lousy sword. >_>

Will continue to watch the anime! :)

EDIT: Am I the only one looking out for Patrick 'Immortal' Colassour? XD
@NewestPersonHere Remember that they're all using character avatars. Of course they don't age.

I'm mostly interested in that it looks like they may be going to alt dimensions again there in the post sequence. That and I'm hoping this is just a teaser for a Gundam Metaverse MMO style game already. I mean, cmon. Just do without the real life gunpla stuff and have all that building done in game, viola, what could be a pretty popular game.
Oct 6, 2023 11:51 PM
Apr 2015
I did enjoy the fights, and expected that with three episodes trying to cram characters from all the build series would be messy. But yeah, just shoving that scene at the end does not bode well for the pacing, even Breaker Battlelogue felt better in that regard.

And I thought I could ignore it but the advertising for the metaverse project just makes the whole thing feel dirty. Feels way more in your face that any other build series.
Oct 8, 2023 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
Love Gundam and i love Gunpla/ mecxha kits genral!
Oct 10, 2023 9:49 AM
Sep 2015
I wait a for a few days and feel sad that this thread has only 11 comments, this anime is basically a sequel to Build: Fighters/Fighters Try/Divers/Divers Re:Rise, people should be more excited about this, at least it should be not less than half of mercury's popularity.

I immediately correctly guess that the soundtrack was composed by Yuki Hayashi within a few seconds upon hearing it. Some people might said "of course anyone can guess since he also composed earlier gundam build anime before" which is only half truth. He did compose Fighters and Try, but not Divers and Re:Rise
Oct 13, 2023 12:51 AM
Sep 2023
Can't wait for Sei and Reiji
Oct 15, 2023 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
When is Episode 2 does anyone know,?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 16, 2023 8:42 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Fortress_Maximus
@Fortress_Maximus idk it's not on gundaminfo
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 16, 2023 3:00 PM
Apr 2015
Reply to Fortress_Maximus
@Fortress_Maximus

Right now you can only watch episode 2 and 3 within the actual Gundam Metaverse, they stream all three episodes a couple times a day.

Seems we'll have to wait until the 20th for them to go up on youtube.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Metaverse Episode 3 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Oct 20, 2023

4 by MFDOOMED »»
Nov 7, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Metaverse Episode 2 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Oct 20, 2023

0 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Oct 20, 2023 1:49 PM

» Gundam X Elon Musk

1DouBle - Apr 4, 2023

6 by LordRukario »»
Oct 20, 2023 1:17 PM

» New PV

Fortress_Maximus - Sep 15, 2023

0 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.