Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
Today I just found out that "Strange Adventure of a Broke Mercenary" which I have been following for YEARS got AXED and its Web Novel counterparts deleted off the internet.

The reason the novel is dead is because of the author's extreme political views (which I won't get into) that caused a huge uproar in Japan. This made him quit the internet while taking all of his Web Novels down with him.

Fuck man, I'm bitter as hell.
Sep 19, 2023 1:03 PM
Nov 2018
I am to. I actually enjoy the series and was wondering when the next novel was coming out.
Sep 19, 2023 4:37 PM
Oct 2021
Fuckin hell man, i love this series
Sep 19, 2023 11:04 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to Moppit
I am to. I actually enjoy the series and was wondering when the next novel was coming out.
@Moppit The last volume in Japan (Vol.15) came out in 2020 and it's been on hiatus ever since then. As of now, the novel official page got deleted and the author just went ghost so we can safely assume that it's now been canceled. :(

For the English translation, it seems Seven Seas (Official English Publisher) is still churning it out (Currently at volume 8 with the planned release of vol 9 and 10 next year) so I guess we still have a few volumes to go through before it got caught up with the source material.

Sep 19, 2023 11:07 PM
Nov 2018
Randodox said:
@Moppit The last volume in Japan (Vol.15) came out in 2020 and it's been on hiatus ever since then. As of now, the novel official page got deleted and the author just went ghost so we can safely assume that it's now been canceled. :(

For the English translation, it seems Seven Seas (Official English Publisher) is still churning it out (Currently at volume 8 with the planned release of vol 9 and 10 next year) so I guess we still have a few volumes to go through before it got caught up with the source material.

That's good. I'm only on volume 8.
Sep 19, 2023 11:11 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to RabbitBeardy
Fuckin hell man, i love this series
@RabbitBeardy Me too man.

I've been huffing on Hopium for months that someday the series would eventually come back but the deletion of the official page of the novel just put the last nail in the coffin for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan Chapter 4 Discussion

Mithdran - Jan 10, 2019

0 by Mithdran »»
Jan 10, 2019 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.