Forum Settings
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Satoru and Kayo have romantic feelings during the story?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2017 4:06 PM
Jan 2017

You are right.
But I think 'He never felt a romance for Kayo (Also Airi)'

Your words are like, 'It's okay because he likes Airi better than Kayo .'
But even if Airi did not exist, he would be happy.
Because he only wanted Kayo happiness from the beginning.

The final reunion with Airi has a different meaning.
Also, considering the whole theme and the meaning of Airi, it does not feel like much romance.
Oct 12, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
aksmfakt132 said:

Oh no, i agree too that Satoru is just want Kayo to be happy, which why i said he doesnt hold any romance intention into kayo in the 2nd and 3rd rerun, in his first live as child, I also think is still unclear whether he likes kayo or not so just take my opinion with grain of salt

About Airi, im not sure too maybe it just my pov bias, but I still think Satoru was attracted into Airi after they met under bridge (before third rerun). How the moment he recover his memory in chapter 38-39 also a hint to this. But again, just take it with grain of salt lol
Oct 12, 2017 5:29 PM
Jan 2017

Yes. I recommend this video
You will like this. It is never an advertisement.
https://youtu.be/0QEHbHZE2k8
https://youtu.be/cnOBYoImJdc
Dec 29, 2017 10:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Veggielover said:
I get that kayo and satoru didnt have romantic feelings like that but, the creator could have made them both single instead of her marrying that twat who barely did anything for her. That also means kayo loves hirmomi more than satoru which is straight bullshit

Not having feelings?!
I dunno where that parting scene from ep9 is on the manga BUT it is clear they do having something romantic going on there... Kayo couldnt just wait and decided to jump on Hiromi's trousers (the bitch), not that I really blame her. The mangaka just had too much balls to pull of a move like this, which is quite bold in fact, but I still dislike it overall.
Jan 2, 2018 9:58 PM
Jan 2017

Hey, this is Manga Reddit.
Did you read Manga?
May 12, 2018 10:37 PM
Apr 2018
I actually have a theory that he goes back in time again after the end of the show when he meets airi again. Two big reasons I have for this theory are: one, I read somewhere that in the manga Yashiro kills quite a lot of kids while Satoru is out, and since the God of this world who gives this ability and controls when it activates seems to want to save the victims from Yashiro, it's likely he would send Satoru back again. And two, in the very last scene, right before he sees airi, a blue butterfly flies across the screen, the symbol for his revivals.

Now there is no way to prove this right or wrong with the content we've been given, it's just a hope I cling onto as a kayoxsatoru shipper. Even if he did go back again to just before getting in the car with Yashiro, there's no telling what would happen, and if he would end up with kayo without the coma. But I have a feeling, that if not for the coma, they would have ended up together. Satoru may have the mind of a 29 year old man, but he is in the body of a ten year old that has to live through his life again, this time with kayo and hiromi a part of it after the whole plot. Being stuck in that body, without the coma, he would have 18 years of his life to live, most of which puberty. Although it's hard to analyze this psychologically, as this isn't possible irl, I would take a guess that he would revert to childlike tendencies as we've already seen him do, an aspect in social psychology called role play. He would feel the attraction to girls through his body, if not his mind, and his already close relationship with kayo would likely develop more as time went on. She would likely feel the same way, and with Satoru around, hiromi wouldn't feel right butting in with his friends girl. This is all hypothetical, but I've binged this show twice in two days, the second time to see how accurate my theory could be.
May 12, 2018 11:32 PM
Jan 2017
TatsuoHitsuji said:
I actually have a theory that he goes back in time again after the end of the show when he meets airi again. Two big reasons I have for this theory are: one, I read somewhere that in the manga Yashiro kills quite a lot of kids while Satoru is out, and since the God of this world who gives this ability and controls when it activates seems to want to save the victims from Yashiro, it's likely he would send Satoru back again. And two, in the very last scene, right before he sees airi, a blue butterfly flies across the screen, the symbol for his revivals.

Now there is no way to prove this right or wrong with the content we've been given, it's just a hope I cling onto as a kayoxsatoru shipper. Even if he did go back again to just before getting in the car with Yashiro, there's no telling what would happen, and if he would end up with kayo without the coma. But I have a feeling, that if not for the coma, they would have ended up together. Satoru may have the mind of a 29 year old man, but he is in the body of a ten year old that has to live through his life again, this time with kayo and hiromi a part of it after the whole plot. Being stuck in that body, without the coma, he would have 18 years of his life to live, most of which puberty. Although it's hard to analyze this psychologically, as this isn't possible irl, I would take a guess that he would revert to childlike tendencies as we've already seen him do, an aspect in social psychology called role play. He would feel the attraction to girls through his body, if not his mind, and his already close relationship with kayo would likely develop more as time went on. She would likely feel the same way, and with Satoru around, hiromi wouldn't feel right butting in with his friends girl. This is all hypothetical, but I've binged this show twice in two days, the second time to see how accurate my theory could be.

what are you talking about. The butterfly does not appear in the original manga.
May 13, 2018 7:20 AM
Apr 2018
[/quote]
what are you talking about. The butterfly does not appear in the original manga.[/quote] loo[quote=aksmfakt132]
This theory puts things from the manga and the anime together, it can't really exist without both pieces. I know this is a manga only section, but I figure if I'm talking not just anime it counts.
May 14, 2018 5:30 AM
Jan 2017

what are you talking about. The butterfly does not appear in the original manga.[/quote] loo
aksmfakt132 said:

This theory puts things from the manga and the anime together, it can't really exist without both pieces. I know this is a manga only section, but I figure if I'm talking not just anime it counts.
In the end, your theory is just a fake that you created at your will.
Write a fanfic
May 14, 2018 9:29 AM
Apr 2018
what are you talking about. The butterfly does not appear in the original manga.[/quote] loo
The butterfly is in the anime. I did create this at my will, but I used evidence I picked up from both the manga and the anime to do it.
May 16, 2018 3:04 AM
Dec 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
He wanted to protect Kayo, but I don't think he necessarily had romantic feelings for her. If he really loved Kayo then...

Not necessarily. When you love someone, all you want is to see them happy, so I think he would be happy for her. And at that moment, he didn't have any memories of Kayo, just the subconscious happiness
I'm not really a shipper anyway, but I felt like defending this point
May 16, 2018 3:10 AM
Dec 2016
TatsuoHitsuji said:

Actually, they say the opposite in the manga. Since Satoru's coma started, Yashiro has indeed killed again, but no children. My guess is he supressed the urge to kill children while waiting for Satoru to wake up, since he's only killed to get advantages (like to enter a family or get in a certain political position)
Aug 2, 2021 9:14 AM
Apr 2018
I really think kayo like satoru but due to his coma and kayo always visiting him. Satoru's mother can't stand to watch kayo to always visiting satoru and forgetting her youth. That's why satoru's mother change to other hospital without telling kayo so that kayo will have a freedom and enjoy her youth. So yeah sayo had a feelings for satoru. IMO.
Ps. Sorry for my grammar
Jan 18, 2022 12:36 PM

Dec 2020
No- "this is a straight up lie. none of it had to be seen as romance by anyone who has a good head on their shoulders and know where satoru's intentions lied in regards to kayo. it has been stated again and again by observant characters like kenya and satoru's mom how, with just a little more observation, it was clear satoru was not romantically interested in kayo, but rather wanted to save her. the cute moments of closeness between them were only seen as romance because people are wired to perceived a boy and a girl like that, when it doesn't have to be, especially in circumstances such as this manga's."
Mar 10, 2022 4:56 AM
May 2021
No, they never had any romantic feelings for each other but should had, you can say that Kayo got a bit attracted towards Saturo cause she was lonely and got abuse by her mother but that's it, Saturo was like a shadow to her so it can seem like that they were romantically attracted.

thought I am still pissed that they didn't end up together đź’˘
Jul 19, 2023 6:12 PM
Sep 2016
Absolutely not, I don't get how people can get to the conclusion that a puppy love interest between two children mean real romantic feelings, not only that but multiple times it's pointed to A being his love interest!

I just want to point out from the age of 3 to around 11 and sometimes into puberty but kids fall super easily in love and in most cases those "Fallings" end in nothing but maybe hugging and hand holding but never really carry onto later life, I mean while its uncommon can even fall for there parents, but because people are so set in there ways they can't begin to respect and understand that as you grow and so on that you can have healthy platonic relationships with the other sex instead of everything being a ship as the slightest mention of love between two characters.

This leads in people complaining despite there being a character that the ML is clearly hinting at, it's not always the FL that gets picked up each time.

Anyways rant aside, I think we would of clearly seen Sats upset with kayo being married and having a kid, because he still had the mentality of a young person at that point well I'm no expert but I think most people if they woke up to find there love interest and big crush married would show atleast some signs of upset if not anything and manga writers would of done something similar but he's clearly happy beyond relief to see her happy and married as she's his good friend and again this is made even clearer with how he reacts to seeing A again after the sleeping arc simple as that.

P.s I think it would be horrible and selfish to force a clearly grieving friend to put her whole life away just to wait for him to wake up so they can be together, it would of destroyed her mentality and physically ending in a probably horrible relationship with both sides exhausted, also I think sat would of severely scolded her if she didn't step forward into her future actually if I was in my shoes I would of been mad if she did that, he went through so much trouble to save her yet she threw her life away to care and wait for him for 10 years in an age where those years are determental to a child's growth so yer anyone who thinks she should of waited then I'm truly sad at your.thought process

We need more happy platonic relationships in manga these days especially when everything is a romance or harem based genre (I don't have a particularly issue but it's making the younger audience think that the ML and FL always have to fukc lmao)
Jan 19, 6:26 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to JackTheMagicCat
Absolutely not, I don't get how people can get to the conclusion that a puppy love interest between two children mean real romantic feelings, not only that but multiple times it's pointed to A being his love interest!

I just want to point out from the age of 3 to around 11 and sometimes into puberty but kids fall super easily in love and in most cases those "Fallings" end in nothing but maybe hugging and hand holding but never really carry onto later life, I mean while its uncommon can even fall for there parents, but because people are so set in there ways they can't begin to respect and understand that as you grow and so on that you can have healthy platonic relationships with the other sex instead of everything being a ship as the slightest mention of love between two characters.

This leads in people complaining despite there being a character that the ML is clearly hinting at, it's not always the FL that gets picked up each time.

Anyways rant aside, I think we would of clearly seen Sats upset with kayo being married and having a kid, because he still had the mentality of a young person at that point well I'm no expert but I think most people if they woke up to find there love interest and big crush married would show atleast some signs of upset if not anything and manga writers would of done something similar but he's clearly happy beyond relief to see her happy and married as she's his good friend and again this is made even clearer with how he reacts to seeing A again after the sleeping arc simple as that.

P.s I think it would be horrible and selfish to force a clearly grieving friend to put her whole life away just to wait for him to wake up so they can be together, it would of destroyed her mentality and physically ending in a probably horrible relationship with both sides exhausted, also I think sat would of severely scolded her if she didn't step forward into her future actually if I was in my shoes I would of been mad if she did that, he went through so much trouble to save her yet she threw her life away to care and wait for him for 10 years in an age where those years are determental to a child's growth so yer anyone who thinks she should of waited then I'm truly sad at your.thought process

We need more happy platonic relationships in manga these days especially when everything is a romance or harem based genre (I don't have a particularly issue but it's making the younger audience think that the ML and FL always have to fukc lmao)
@JackTheMagicCat I totally agree with you plus they already showed in erased re that kayo did wait 5 years for satoru to wake up but he didn't then his mom moved him and told kayo to move on.

I think her waiting 5 years for him and him still not waking up, then the chances of him ever waking up are so less so do youw want kayo to throw her whole life away just to wait for him and she's not even sure he will wake up ever (ik he does but it wasn't sure he would when he didn't wake up even after 5 year him waking up after 15 was even considered as a miracle by his doctor).

if you're gonna say she didn't have to wait her whole life just 15 years but what if he didn't wake up at all and died then would be okay for her to finally move on, but then she would be so emotionally destroyed waiting for a guy to wake up but he died that she probably would never be able to live her life again.

and as for satoru I think he never loved her romantically because even Kenya and his mom noticed they both said that he didn't have romantic interest in her just he was interested in her like he wanted to save her but since he did so much for him I think kayo did like him but satoru didn't
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

11 by marta_valse »»
Oct 16, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

7 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 19 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 1, 2014

15 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 18 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Dec 2, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 17 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 30, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 13, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.